Woe those who call evil good + good evil. Is 5:20
Jul 29, 2007
Visit site
✟17,196.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
the bible does say that Joseph didn't "know" her until after the baby was born...meaning he had no sexual relations with her until after the baby was born.
I'm going to have to recommend you do a web search for "Catholic apologetics perpetual virginity 'until'". I'm tired....

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Tzaousios

Αυγουστινιανικός Χριστιανός
Dec 4, 2008
Comitatus in praesenti
Visit site
✟19,229.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In light of these statistics, how can you, from a group that represents less than 20% of Christians, say what Christians should believe? And, more than that, among yourselves you argue endlessly because your small branch of protestantism is divided into hundreds of "denominations" who all disagree on doctrines. Yet you claim that your teachings are based on the Scriptures. The arrogance is stupifying, as is the groundlessness of your claim.

Your position is no more than 500 years old, and is in the extreme minority. My position represents ancient Christianity.

Ah, the old argument from antiquity. This never grows old with Roman Catholic apologists. Also, the argument of X thousand/million protestant denominations. Wow, you got them both into the same post!

What about the equal number of Roman Catholic sects that exist based on private interpretations, ethnic Catholicism, nominal cafeteria Catholicism, and those that clearly pick and choose what they believe from Catholic dogma?

No, I do not disagree with it. It IS "priofitable". BUT: Nowhere in there does it say that scriputure is the be-all end-all of Christian beliefs or a total, all-encompassing source of all Christian beliefs. It is not. You are reading into the texts your own personal bias, not what the text actually says

It is funny how Roman Catholic apologists argue vehemently against "Sola Scriptura" and then turn around and adopt it to justify both their ecclesiology and the importance they place on tradition. As if that is not a glaring hypocrisy and a violation of the law of noncontradiction!

Reactions: Nilloc
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would that make her a reliable source for religious mythology? Would you accept Blavatsky’s version of Judaic/Christian history based on information channeled to her by spiritual mediums? For instance, in Volume one of Isis, she claimed that the Hebrew term Beth-el meant “House of the Sun” rather than “House of God”,
Let's be fair. She attributed that writing to the man who advanced the notion.

books

and in another book she claimed that David’s dance around the ark was prescribed by the Amazons.

Again she is not atributing that dance to the Amazons she is saying "it is said" thus she is not making the claim.

books

Again, I’d suggest using accredited sources in the future.
Thanks for the suggestion. How about Manley P. Hall next time?

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Why would that make her a reliable source for religious mythology? Would you accept Blavatsky’s version of Judaic/Christian history based on information channeled to her by spiritual mediums? For instance, in Volume one of Isis, she claimed that the Hebrew term Beth-el meant “House of the Sun” rather than “House of God”,

books

and in another book she claimed that David’s dance around the ark was prescribed by the Amazons.

Again she is not atributing that dance to the Amazons she is saying "it is said" thus she is not making the claim.

books

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

books

books

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

books

books

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
C

Cross Reference

I'm going to have to recommend you do a web search for "Catholic apologetics perpetual virginity 'until'". I'm tired....

Why should anyone have to go to a secular website to get understanding for what is stated in God's word? It is God's word, isn't it, handed down by Apostolic succession? Then why seek to change it except early on, the Apostolic line was broken whereby a 'new age' religion emerged from the ashes to become, what is called orthodox-tradition? And when God finally got fed up, He began to rectify it that His true Church could emerge.

Upvote 0