Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Can you offer undeniable proof that God didn't begin to exist? Since you can't, then by your logic, God must have began to exist at some point in time.
First, I don't require undeniable proof of anything. You do, however, and I just wanted you to have to live up to your own standards for once.
I didn't ask you if you require undeniable proof. I asked if you can provide or offer undeniable proof that the God of the Bible didn't begin to exist.

I don't require undeniable proof that God exists. I only require enough to convince me.

Secondly, while I cannot prove that God does exist, its actually quite easy to prove that if he does exist, then he never began to exist at some point in time.
I know. "because by definition, God was never created". What if I posit that there is a thing called nature which by definition was never created. If it could be proven to exist, then it would be very easy to prove that this nature I speak of was never created.

The universe consists of all space and time. As current science points towards a singularity from which the universe originated, and there was no time or space prior to the singularity, something must have created it. That something must transcend time and space, as something within time and space can create neither. God fits the definition perfectly, and He possesses the power and will to perform such an action. Beginning to exist is also an action that requires the presence of time. If God is outside of time, He can never begin to exist, as that would place Him within time.
When you say something must have created the universe, do you mean there must have been a cause behind its coming into existence or do you mean that someone willfully created the universe? If the latter, when did God actually create the universe? Approximately how many thousands of years ago?

Is it possible to have a relationship with God while at the same time believing that it is impossible for a fully omniscient & omnipotent being to exist?
No, but it is entirely possible to believe that an omniscient and omnipotent being exists and still refuse to have a relationship with it.
Is it possible for one to have a relationship with God but not know it is God with whom they have this relationship?

Does "following God" = not sinning?
No it does not. Following God means listening to Him, talking to Him, and trying to live for Him as best as possible. Trying not to sin is a by-product of the relationship, not the focus.
Please explain how one listens to God if God doesn't make any sounds?
Please explain how one talks to God if God doesn't have ears to hear with?

Does anyone actually know with 100% certainty that God exists?
Yes. By the Holy Spirit we know the existence of God. However, just because we know something doesn't mean we can prove it, and just because we can't prove it doesn't mean we don't really know it or it isn't real.
Let's zero in on those who know with 100% certainty that God exists.
Do those people have faith that God exists?
Is Christianity for those people faith based or knowledge based?
How do those people have 100% certainty that God exists?
How many such people exist?

Upvote 0

Heidiii

Oct 8, 2011
✟7,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
;)

It is sometimes hard to not say exactly what you are thinking for sure.

It was actually more a case of me being a very new Christian who has only just accepted the Holy Spirit, so I thought it wasn't really appropriate for me to comment.

This post still made me smile and laugh though; I know what I REALLY wanted to say, but it's too blunt!

Reactions: 1Prophetess
Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It was actually more a case of me being a very new Christian who has only just accepted the Holy Spirit, so I thought it wasn't really appropriate for me to comment.

This post still made me smile and laugh though; I know what I REALLY wanted to say, but it's too blunt!
Do you believe that God knows everything?
Can you communicate with God?
Does God communicate back with you?
Does God want everyone to believe he exists?

Upvote 0

Heidiii

Oct 8, 2011
✟7,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you believe that God knows everything?
Can you communicate with God?
Does God communicate back with you?
Does God want everyone to believe he exists?

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes, but they must be willing to believe He exists on His terms rather than theirs.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You are typing from center(of yourself) The direction you are pointing to is God. He doesn't do parlor tricks. He's in every polar direction. It matters not what direction your face or eyes are pointing, they are still pointing in the same direction.
Y'shua Bless you
You're completely missing the point. I'm not asking for the God you believe in to do a parlor trick. I'm merely asking for the God you believe in to provide some sort of evidence that he exists.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes, but they must be willing to believe He exists on His terms rather than theirs.
That being said, I'm going to think of a number from 1 to 1,000,000. According to you, God will know what number I'm thinking of. Since you can communicate with God, I'd like you to communicate to him that you want to know what number I'm thinking of. Since you say God wants us to believe he exists, then he must want me to believe he exists. And since I need some sort of reasonable evidence that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists before I'll believe such a being exists, then God will know for me to believe he exists, he'll would have a need to present such evidence. Since you say God can communicate back with you, then God should communicate back to you what number I'm thinking of. I then want you to post that number in this thread.

A failure on your part to produce the number I'm thinking of means at least one of the following:
1) You can't communicate with God
2) God can't communicate with you
3) God doesn't know everything
4) God doesn't want me to believe he exists
5) Either you or God (or both) are hard-headed and/or stubborn

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ChristianT

Newbie Orthodox
Nov 4, 2011
Somewhere in God's Creation.
✟10,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
A failure on your part to produce the number I'm thinking of means at least one of the following:

6) We didn't try this lottery
unless you think this is "being stubborn"

well actually these are stubborn (but funny):
7) The signal got lost
8) no habla en ingles.

Upvote 0

Heidiii

Oct 8, 2011
✟7,732.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That being said, I'm going to think of a number from 1 to 1,000,000. According to you, God will know what number I'm thinking of. Since you can communicate with God, I'd like you to communicate to him that you want to know what number I'm thinking of. Since you say God wants us to believe he exists, then he must want me to believe he exists. And since I need some sort of reasonable evidence that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists before I'll believe such a being exists, then God will know for me to believe he exists, he'll would have a need to present such evidence. Since you say God can communicate back with you, then God should communicate back to you what number I'm thinking of. I then want you to post that number in this thread.

My last answer was "They must be willing to believe He exists on His terms rather than theirs". This is not on His terms.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
My last answer was "They must be willing to believe He exists on His terms rather than theirs". This is not on His terms.
It's clear from your answer that you are selecting #5. God is hard-headed or stubborn because he is inflexible with respect to allowing one to believe on their terms, not his.

Upvote 0

ChristianT

Newbie Orthodox
Nov 4, 2011
Somewhere in God's Creation.
✟10,331.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Cieza said:
It's clear from your answer that you are selecting #5. God is hard-headed or stubborn because he is inflexible with respect to allowing one to believe on their terms, not his.

Actually, His terms are sufficient for anyone to agree with. You simply don't agree, and as such, you can never believe Him.

Upvote 0