Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
As I mentioned in my previous post here, G-d has already proven Himself through creation (Romans 1:18-23), through the Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:15-17), and through His Son, Jesus Christ (Philippians 2:5-11).
I never observed creation and don't know of any human who did.
The scriptures in the Bible were written by humans - so that doesn't prove God in any way.
I have never observed Jesus Christ. So that doesn't prove God exists.
Try a little harder please.

His nature and character are described throughout the Scriptures. For example, Scripture tells us that He is omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, infinite, eternal, incomprehensible, unequaled, holy, perfect, almighty, absolute, and unchanging.
The scriptures were written by humans. Humans have shown through the years that they are very capable of writing fiction and making up things. This, coupled with the fact that neither myself or anyone I know has observed God, suggests that God doesn't exist.

Scripture also tells us that G-d is truth, good, love, gracious, merciful, long-suffering, forgiving, and He rewards those who seek Him.
OK, so it's not believing God exists that grants you a reward, but merely seeking him. I've been seeking to observe what Christians refer to as God for quite some time, but have yet to observe anything. What will my reward be?

However, He will only give grace to the humble and not to the proud (Proverbs 3:34; James 4:6). If you honestly want to seek G-d than you can't come to Him in pride and self-righteousness. You will have to seek Him with all of your heart and soul (Deuteronomy 4:29).
My interest is sincere. If your God exists, then I most definitely want to observe his/her power. I'm willing to give God (if it exists) the benefit of the doubt. I can only keep my eyes, ears and heart open. The rest is up to the thing you call God - if it does indeed exist.

If you do this, He promises you will find Him when you seek Him with all of your heart (Jeremiah 29:13). If you refuse than there will be dire, eternal consequences for you. Whether you believe this or not doesn't change its reality.
Who established this as reality?
Has this hypothesis been scientifically tested and proven?

You must understand that after you die, you will stand before G-d in judgement (Hebrews 9:27; Revelation 20:11-15), and when you do, you will have absolutely no excuse whatsoever for not believing (Romans 1:18-23) and for not accepting forgiveness for his sins through His Son, Jesus Christ
Have any scientific studies proven that this is actually what happens?

When you stand before G-d in judgment, you will have to give an account of your entire life to Him (Matthew 12:36; Romans 14:12). This means you will have to give an account for all of your sins (every idle word, every action, and every thought). You will not be able to hide anything from G-d (Hebrews 4:13).
If you're correct, then that's good. I'll have to tell God that I wanted to observe his powers, but for reasons I don't know, he never showed them to me.

I want you to think about this very seriously: If you were to die today, without Christ, you would end up in hell, forever.
What case studies have shown this to be true?

As I mentioned in my previous post, Scripture is very clear that unbelievers are storing up wrath against themselves (Romans 2:5) and that G-d will "give to each person according to what he has done" (Romans 2:6; Revelation 2:23; 20:12; 22:12). And Scripture is also very clear that "It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God" (Hebrews 10:31). The choice is yours.
Humans wrote the Bible and could have come up with any untested or unproven requirements they wished. Has anything you just mentioned about scripture ever been tested and proven?

Upvote 0

razeontherock

May 24, 2010
WI
✟35,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I never observed creation and don't know of any human who did.
The scriptures in the Bible were written by humans - so that doesn't prove God in any way.
I have never observed Jesus Christ. So that doesn't prove God exists.
Try a little harder please.

Sorry guy, but this doesn't count as a legitimate response to what you responded to. All you're doing is attempting to make a mockery of both that which is Holy, and reality itself!

G-d is not mocked, so all you're doing is making a fool of yourself. You might go back and read what your snippet here I quoted was in response to, with this in mind ...

(The fact that you have no first-hand experiential knowledge of Christ may well be accurate, but that is not something you share with the posters here)

My interest is sincere. If your God exists, then I most definitely want to observe his/her power.

In that case I just gave you a way of proving your sincerity

Has anything you just mentioned about scripture ever been tested and proven?

We (Christians) have all tasted and seen that the Lord, He is good! Why continue to exclude yourself?

Reactions: 1Prophetess
Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This thread is for asking God questions. Since there are Christians in here who claim to be able to communicate with God, we'll count on them to ask the questions and then post God's answer when they get a response from God.

First question is to test God's knowledge:
What polar direction am I sitting in as I type this?
West, southwest, south, southeast, east, northeast, north or northwest?

From God's perspective up there in Heaven, you are sitting with your back toward him, facing down.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
From God's perspective up there in Heaven, you are sitting with your back toward him, facing down.
If God knows everything, then he would know what polar direction I'm facing as I type this.

I've given the Christians here 13 pages of this discussion to have God demonstrate that he knows what polar direction I'm facing. Yet we've gotten no response. I don't find it coincidental that if there were no God, then we'd also get no response as to what polar direction I'm facing.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Considering the variety of who has responded on this thread, God does appear to exist. Most likely you don't recognize Him because you are looking for a purple unicorn.
I'm looking for a supreme being who knows everything and can do anything. You and other Christians contend such a thing exists, yet I see no evidence to support such a thing existing. And after 13 pages in this thread, there is no response from your God as to what polar direction I'm facing. That suggests to me that the God you believe in does not exist.

Why is that so important to you? Why not just accept that there is apparently a spiritual entity who claims to have created you and claims to evaluate your life when it is over.
In other words, why don't I just lie to myself? Because I don't believe in being deceitful or dishonest with myself in that manner. I'm not going to "play" Christian.

Why not take the opportunity He has given you to learn how you can live in a way that pleases Him?
I do believe that the Bible contains many good morals and values. Would using those morals and values as a guide for how I live my life please God? Or is it more important that I believe that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists? Or both?

God hates sin, the only way to please Him is to have Him come and "make His home with you" that way you will always be walking the straight and narrow because He will always rebuke you when you need it.
If God hates sin, then why does he allow us to sin? Why did he make women beautiful so men would lust after them? Why did God give us the capability to be jealous?

The observable evidence actually suggests that He does exist.
What observable evidence have you seen that suggests God does exist?

It is just that you refuse to acknowledge a crucial piece of evidence - that which has been preserved for us in the Holy Bible. Do you know how hard it has been to preserve that information?
As I've said in other threads, the Bible was written by humans and contains no evidence of a fully omniscient & omnipotent being existing.

Think about why the dead sea scrolls were hidden. For three centuries Christians were persecuted. - You go and write it off as a fairy tale? The man who never put a foot wrong was crucified and there has been an attempt to cover it up? That is downright rude. No wonder God gave Him the keys to death and hades.

No. Truth is an absolute entity. This is why there is agreement among Christians, because we listen to God and we listen to each other.
When you listen to God, do you hear audible sounds? If you set up a digital audio recorder to record when God is talking you, would I hear God's voice when you play it back for me?

By repenting, accepting when we are wrong we grow into a solid disciple of Jesus Christ by remaining totally honest.
Precisely. I refuse to be anything but totally honest with myself about whether or not I've observed any evidence of a fully omniscient and omnipotent being existing. Since I haven't observed such a thing, I'm not going to believe such a thing exists.

The question is "Am I right or wrong"? Obviously there will be some people who struggle to repent, they will distort your perception of Christian harmony. The only way you can recognize the truth then is to know it for yourself. You need to ask God to show you the truth, I explained how to do that in a previous post.
Explain again. Just how would I ask something that doesn't appear to exist? More importantly, if God knows everything, then he knows what both my heart and head feel. So he would already know what I'm asking.

Anyway, you mentioned that you believe Christians are lying to themselves - care to explain why?
Because they don't have any evidence to support a fully omniscient and omnipotent being existing. And the fact that God has not identified what polar direction I'm sitting in also strongly suggests that God doesn't exist in the manner Christians describe.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Mark 8: 11,12--"And the Pharasees came forth, and began to question with Him,seeking from Him a sign from heaven, tempting Him. And He sighed deeply in His spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? Verily, I say unto you, there shall no sign be given unto this generation."

God has at times answered an honest plea for help--as a friend of mine did--
Not beleiving in God she had lost everything, home, husband, children. She was suicidal, In utter and total despair, she cried out--"Jesus, if you are real, Help me now, or I will die."--2 people from a church came knocking on her door and witnessed to her of God's love. She asked to speak to the pastor--he spend hours with her and she gave her heart to Christ. But one thing God does not engage in, is cheap parlor tricks, He has much, too much, to deal with for such frevilous theatrics. However, Satan is not above such silly tricks and would more than likely, tell you --he knows where you are, also. And since you beleive in neither---how would you know who answered your question???

He did honor Thomas' need to "Put his finger in His wounds" before he would believe that Jesus had risen from the grave. But Jesus said, Blessed are they that not seeing, believe.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Mark 8: 11,12--"And the Pharasees came forth, and began to question with Him,seeking from Him a sign from heaven, tempting Him. And He sighed deeply in His spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? Verily, I say unto you, there shall no sign be given unto this generation."

God has at times answered an honest plea for help--as a friend of mine did--
Not beleiving in God she had lost everything, home, husband, children. She was suicidal, In utter and total despair, she cried out--"Jesus, if you are real, Help me now, or I will die."--2 people from a church came knocking on her door and witnessed to her of God's love. She asked to speak to the pastor--he spend hours with her and she gave her heart to Christ.
Did she sign a document officially bequeathing her heart to Jesus Christ?

For each person who has a cry of "Jesus, if you are real, help me now" that is answered, how many make a similar cry that is not answered?

But one thing God does not engage in, is cheap parlor tricks, He has much, too much, to deal with for such frevilous theatrics. However, Satan is not above such silly tricks and would more than likely, tell you --he knows where you are, also. And since you beleive in neither---how would you know who answered your question???
Why would the Christians I've asked to communicate with God get a response from Satan? If the Christians did get a response from God regarding my polar direction, would they know whether the response was from God or from Satan?

Why would God not engage in "cheap parlor tricks"? Especially if me being able to observe "cheap parlor tricks" is precisely what it would take for me to believe that a fully omniscient and omnipotent being exists?

Imagine for a moment that God doesn't exist. We wouldn't see any "cheap parlor tricks". Now you say God doesn't engage in "cheap parlor tricks". Why would God behave in such a way that is no different than what we would see if God didn't exist?

Upvote 0

DCJazz

Doctor Coffee
Dec 15, 2010
Idaho, USA
✟8,425.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
We as Christians are not called to prove God's existence; he exists whether we choose to believe in Him or not. We are called to be messengers of truth, to spread the word of Christ that others might believe and turn from their sinful life, that they might have eternal life in Him.

So forgive me if I cannot provide the evidence you would like. The only way you could really know for sure is if you trust in Him. And I mean really sincerely trust, not 'if He doesn't do such and such a thing, then he must not exist'.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
It will not matter, what is said to you--you do not want to believe--you are in need of attention, perhaps??--Those who are serious, find Him. That's all I know. If someone should give you the answer you want, what would you do?
Why would that prove there is a God, maybe it was a lucky guess, maybe he's telepathic--maybe a friend of yours called someone and told them the answer. You would have questions no matter what. If Jesus would not give a sign (even though He'd been showing them signs for several years)to the Pharisee who asked for one, why should He give you one? Faith--that's what we go by, faith. I choose to believe that all the things I see are of His making, not evolution, I choose to believe the bible, ---I choose. I gave one little example and you proceed to tear it down and and complain about those that are not answered. Your glass will forever be half empty--mine will be forever half full. And if you can't understand the difference--well----I'm not going to even try and explain. Believe or not, your choice, we all have the same bible, the same sky, and earth and everything in it. It's up to you to see the hand of God, or not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
We as Christians are not called to prove God's existence; he exists whether we choose to believe in Him or not.
Likewise, if God doesn't exist, he doesn't exist whether we choose to believe in him or not. But your statement suggests you know God exists. How did you get irrefutable knowledge that God exists?

We are called to be messengers of truth, to spread the word of Christ that others might believe and turn from their sinful life, that they might have eternal life in Him.
Does "spread the word of Christ" equate to using the morals and values in the Bible as a guide for how to live one's life? If so, what if one uses the morals and values in the Bible as a guide for how to live their life but doesn't believe in God and doesn't believe Jesus was resurrected? Do they get "eternal life in Him"?

So forgive me if I cannot provide the evidence you would like. The only way you could really know for sure is if you trust in Him. And I mean really sincerely trust, not 'if He doesn't do such and such a thing, then he must not exist'.
What exactly do you mean by "trust in Him"?

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
It will not matter, what is said to you--you do not want to believe--you are in need of attention, perhaps??--Those who are serious, find Him. That's all I know. If someone should give you the answer you want, what would you do?
Why would that prove there is a God, maybe it was a lucky guess, maybe he's telepathic--maybe a friend of yours called someone and told them the answer. You would have questions no matter what. If Jesus would not give a sign (even though He'd been showing them signs for several years)to the Pharisee who asked for one, why should He give you one? Faith--that's what we go by, faith. I choose to believe that all the things I see are of His making, not evolution, I choose to believe the bible, ---I choose. I gave one little example and you proceed to tear it down and and complain about those that are not answered. Your glass will forever be half empty--mine will be forever half full. And if you can't understand the difference--well----I'm not going to even try and explain. Believe or not, your choice, we all have the same bible, the same sky, and earth and everything in it. It's up to you to see the hand of God, or not.
How can I see the hand of God if God is not of the physical world and doesn't have hands?

The point of a question that has 8 possible answers (N, NW, W, SW, S, SE, E, NE), is if the answer is indeed a guess, it will be wrong 7 out of 8 times. The one time it is right doesn't necessarily mean God exists. I would then proceed to think of a number between 1 and a million and ask that God read my mind by telling me what number I'm thinking of. But the fact no one has come back with God's response of what polar direction I'm facing strongly suggests that God doesn't exist.

If God does exist, why would he set in motion precisely everything necessary for me to believe he doesn't exist?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
If God knows everything, then he would know what polar direction I'm facing as I type this.

I've given the Christians here 13 pages of this discussion to have God demonstrate that he knows what polar direction I'm facing. Yet we've gotten no response. I don't find it coincidental that if there were no God, then we'd also get no response as to what polar direction I'm facing.

You are like Herod in that Jesus musical from the seventies, demanding God to put on a little magic show for your own amusement, maybe pull a rabbit out of a hat, or perhaps do a funny little jig, wiggle his cute little bottom too—oooh that would be sooo much fun!!!

When the ultimate and abiding questions about your life become a joke, your life as well becomes a joke.

For those who find themselves in this abyss, they are in a world without form, a world without direction, a world without reference points of any kind.
There is no left nor right, no north nor south, not east nor west in the place that you are sitting.
In the world untouched by the Creator that you now find yourself in there is only the deep.
There is no up even; there is only down. Genesis 1 will tell you as much.
That is what God's wriitten word is telling me about the direction you face.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1Prophetess
Upvote 0

1Prophetess

Amazing Grace, How Sweet You Are Lord Jesus!
Jan 17, 2010
California USA
✟17,661.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If God doesn't exist, why are you breathing? Luck?

I highly doubt it.

Nature? Who created that?

God does not jump for you.

God set up the rules on how you can contact Him. You aren't following them.

If He is omnipotent and omniscient, then why would He follow your rules?

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
You are like Herod in that Jesus musical from the seventies, demanding God to put on a little magic show for your own amusement, maybe pull a rabbit out of a hat, or perhaps do a funny little jig, wiggle his cute little bottom too—oooh that would be sooo much fun!!!

When the ultimate and abiding questions about your life become a joke, your life as well becomes a joke.

For those who find themselves in this abyss, they are in a world without form, a world without direction, a world without reference points of any kind.
There is no left nor right, no north nor south, not east nor west in the place that you are sitting.
In the world untouched by the Creator that you now find yourself in there is only the deep.
This is not a joke. And contrary to what you're saying, I am facing a specific polar direction as I type this. If God is real, knows everything and can do anything, then he would know precisely what polar direction I'm facing. Why do you suppose God doesn't tell anyone in here what polar direction I'm facing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
If God doesn't exist, why are you breathing? Luck?

I highly doubt it.

Nature? Who created that?

God does not jump for you.

God set up the rules on how you can contact Him. You aren't following them.

If He is omnipotent and omniscient, then why would He follow your rules?
I find it highly suspicious that the "rules" for God cause the results to be no different if God exist than if God doesn't exist. Can you come up with something to show me that would be different if God exists than if God doesn't exist?

Who created nature? Nature wasn't created by a "who".

Who created God? If you say something to the effect that God is exempt from having been created, then why can't nature be exempt from creation?

What are the rules for contacting God? If God knows everything, then he knows what I feel in both my heart and my mind. Why would he intentionally avoid revealing his knowledge about what polar direction I'm facing? To play games with me, it seems. Why would God want to play games with me?

Upvote 0

Zbigge1031

Nov 21, 2011
Texas
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find it highly suspicious that the "rules" for God cause the results to be no different if God exist than if God doesn't exist. Can you come up with something to show me that would be different if God exists than if God doesn't exist?

Who created nature? Nature wasn't created by a "who".

Who created God? If you say something to the effect that God is exempt from having been created, then why can't nature be exempt from creation?

What are the rules for contacting God? If God knows everything, then he knows what I feel in both my heart and my mind. Why would he intentionally avoid revealing his knowledge about what polar direction I'm facing? To play games with me, it seems. Why would God want to play games with me?

The universe began to exist. Thus, nature began to exist. Unless you can offer undeniable proof that the universe didn't begin to exist, that is. God, on the other hand, never began to exist. He just always has existed, eternally.

God doesn't want people to just know that He exists. He wants people to have a relationship with Him, by choice, because they want to, not because He is forcing them. There is also no logical reason to believe that just because someone knows God exists they would necessarily choose to follow Him. This is evident in the fact the Christians still sin, just like anyone else. All people stray occasionally, and it makes sense that some people, even if they knew God existed, would still only follow their own ways and do what they wanted.

Upvote 0

Cieza

Jul 3, 2011
Earth
✟1,225.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
The universe began to exist. Thus, nature began to exist. Unless you can offer undeniable proof that the universe didn't begin to exist, that is. God, on the other hand, never began to exist. He just always has existed, eternally.
Can you offer undeniable proof that God didn't begin to exist? Since you can't, then by your logic, God must have began to exist at some point in time.

God doesn't want people to just know that He exists. He wants people to have a relationship with Him, by choice, because they want to, not because He is forcing them.
Is it possible to have a relationship with God while at the same time believing that it is impossible for a fully omniscient & omnipotent being to exist?

Is having a relationship with God and believing that an omnipotent & omniscient being exists in any the same thing? Can someone have one and not the other?

There is also no logical reason to believe that just because someone knows God exists they would necessarily choose to follow Him. This is evident in the fact the Christians still sin, just like anyone else.
Does "following God" = not sinning?

All people stray occasionally, and it makes sense that some people, even if they knew God existed, would still only follow their own ways and do what they wanted.
Does anyone actually know with 100% certainty that God exists?

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

joke

Upvote 0

Zbigge1031

Nov 21, 2011
Texas
✟15,160.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can you offer undeniable proof that God didn't begin to exist? Since you can't, then by your logic, God must have began to exist at some point in time.

First, I don't require undeniable proof of anything. You do, however, and I just wanted you to have to live up to your own standards for once. Secondly, while I cannot prove that God does exist, its actually quite easy to prove that if he does exist, then he never began to exist at some point in time. The universe consists of all space and time. As current science points towards a singularity from which the universe originated, and there was no time or space prior to the singularity, something must have created it. That something must transcend time and space, as something within time and space can create neither. God fits the definition perfectly, and He possesses the power and will to perform such an action. Beginning to exist is also an action that requires the presence of time. If God is outside of time, He can never begin to exist, as that would place Him within time.

Is it possible to have a relationship with God while at the same time believing that it is impossible for a fully omniscient & omnipotent being to exist?

No, but it is entirely possible to believe that an omniscient and omnipotent being exists and still refuse to have a relationship with it.

Is having a relationship with God and believing that an omnipotent & omniscient being exists in any the same thing? Can someone have one and not the other?

They are not in any way the same thing. I know I have cousins. That doesn't mean I have a relationship with them. A person can know God exists and still choose not to have a relationship with Him. Most satanists even acknowledge the existence of God, but you don't see them lining up to be His follower.

Does "following God" = not sinning?

No it does not. Following God means listening to Him, talking to Him, and trying to live for Him as best as possible. Trying not to sin is a by-product of the relationship, not the focus.

Does anyone actually know with 100% certainty that God exists?

Yes. By the Holy Spirit we know the existence of God. However, just because we know something doesn't mean we can prove it, and just because we can't prove it doesn't mean we don't really know it or it isn't real.

Upvote 0