Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I propose a Selective Service lottery. Each year one new potential draftee wins $10 million.

th

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Well, my point is it cost money just for the men currently in the program. Smaller government and all that. Try to save money where we can. The military turns people away, we don’t need a draft. Not for men, not for women.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree. It's a waste of resources.

I'm still not seeing what resources other than electrons are wasted. Men sign up for the selective service once they reach 18 years of age. They go on line and register. Adding women to the selective service database would not increase the cost of that office.

The point is women are now in every combat military occupation as men are. So they need to sign up now too.

Equal job access means equal responsibility. Now ladies please sign up.

Reactions: Uncle Siggy
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
I'm still not seeing what resources other than electrons are wasted. Men sign up for the selective service once they reach 18 years of age. They go on line and register. Adding women to the selective service database would not increase the cost of that office.

The point is women are now in every combat military occupation as men are. So they need to sign up now too.

Selective Service System

Employees (2008): 136 full-time civilians, 57 part-time civilian directors, 200 part-time reserve force officers (in peacetime), up to 10,830 part-time volunteers

Annual budget $24 million (FY 2012)

That is a lot of electrons.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

supersoldier71

Sinner, saved by Grace
Jan 19, 2011
Far, far away from home
✟10,260.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why do this?

Makes no sense. At all.

Women who want to go into combat jobs (bad idea, IMO), are already IN the military, thus, as with every male, already in the Selective Service Database.

Women who don't want to join are like men who don't want to join: we don't want them.

Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married

In case you haven’t realized, the ladies are signing up and serving. Just not for the archaic old fashioned obsolete draft, they are signing up for the real Military.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Selective Service is a waste of resources. It's no longer needed, and YES it does cost money to keep in.

So, you point really isn't made. It's just a waste of resources.

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
Why do this?

Makes no sense. At all.

Women who want to go into combat jobs (bad idea, IMO), are already IN the military, thus, as with every male, already in the Selective Service Database.

Women who don't want to join are like men who don't want to join: we don't want them.

If a man fails to register for Selective Service, then he can be denied federal financial assistance.

This is why so many men are demanding that women be made to register as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

nightflight

Veteran
Mar 13, 2006
Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In case you haven’t realized, the ladies are signing up and serving. Just not for the archaic old fashioned obsolete draft, they are signing up for the real Military.

Then drop the Selective Service requirement for men.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I was raised in a time when people respected the Military, and young boys looked up to servicemen. My dad thought that every man owes his country something simply because he is paying back for the good things and freedom we have. My dad expected me to give my country its due.

Well those days are long gone, aren't they! Heck who wants to serve under such a jerk as Obama? besides that today so many boys don't turn into being a real man until they are 30 or so. I doubt that if we had an attack like WW ll we could muster up enough real men to fight back. We have too many weaklings that all they know is computer games, eat sleep and find a woman to live with that will support them. Cowards, lazy bums is what SOME of these 18 to 30 year old are. Never had a job still live with mom and pop. Some don't even have the drive to want to be married.

I don't know what the US is going to be in 20 years. Frankly my son went into the Air Force and I am so proud he did. I am not speaking about guys that are doing good in school or college or trade school. I am referring to lazy guys that think going to get the mail is a big chore. At 30 a guy needs to be on his own, doing his own washing keeping his apartment up and pretty much on his own. He has grown into a mature man.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,163,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then drop the Selective Service requirement for men.

I agree, although I think it would be a good symbolic gesture to require women to sign up for selective service. Perhaps it might have some value on that front.

Upvote 0

SepiaAndDust

There's a FISH in the percolator
May 6, 2012
Mid-America
✟26,546.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

I think that Selective Service, like the draft, is specifically for making people serve who don't want to serve.

I agree with the majority, though--there's no real justification for continuing the registration. If we do continue it (and we probably will), then make the ladies sign up, too.

Reactions: Shemjaza
Upvote 0