Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Water Protectors Blockade Highway in Bismarck, Some Charges Dropped

OCTOBER 18, 2016
Bismarck-Mandan, ND – Around noon on Monday, a group of over 100 water protectors from the pipeline resistance encampments converged to blockade the Memorial Bridge, a piece of highway connecting the cities of Bismarck and Mandan.

http://www.unicornriot.ninja/?p=10186

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

When we talk about marginalized communities in our country, we do not (on a mainstream level) include Native Americans.

When we talk about sex trafficking in our country, we do not (on a mainstream level) include Native Americans.

And when we talk about governmental integrity, we do not (on a mainstream level) include Native Americans.

Treaties are broken. Land is stolen. Dams are built. Reservations are flooded. People are displaced.

Yet we fail to notice. We fail to acknowledge. We fail to act.

So much so that it took me, a white non-native woman being arrested on Oct 10th in North Dakota, on Indigenous Peoples’ Day, to bring this cause to many people’s attention. And to the forefront of news publications around the world.

The day I was detained, 26 others had to dress in orange as well, as they were booked into the Morton County jail. Did you hear about them?

Twenty-six men and women who put their livelihoods on the line, to protect their children, your children and my future children.

Wow.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“It makes me so sad. I want to feel like what we have been fighting for over the past hundred years is our dignity and that we as Indigenous people will be accorded full human rights. This is not the case in Morton County. The endless aggression, strip searching and attempts to humiliate our people are a continuation of 160 years of this. Morton County and North Dakota live in a colonial/military/pre- civil rights, old boy, paradigm. This is evidenced throughout North Dakota in the destruction of land and the desecration and oppression of native people and women. I pray for healing for my people and our land.” ~~Winona LaDuke

Human Rights Abuses Escalate at DAPL Prayer Services in North Dakota

• Agree
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
BREAKING: An estimated 30 water protectors arrested after non-violent prayer walk to DAPL construction site. 9:40 a.m. CST: water protectors on prayer walk kettled and arrested near burial grounds, including UR journalist Lorenzo. Reports are coming in that many water protectors were maced, 1 badly beaten with a tear gas launcher after police surrounded marchers.

News tweeted by Unicorn Riot.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tadoflamb
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He needs to veto DAPL like he did Keystone and he needs to grant clemency to Leonard Peltier too. I have no idea why he is dragging his feet on this. He needs to get his act together because the whole world is watching this protest take place.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.