Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought you would want to know this, Tad. 1,281 archaeologists and museums have denounced the destruction of Standing Rock Sioux Nation burial grounds and sacred sites. They have sent a letter to President Obama requesting he halt the construction of the pipeline to prevent the destruction of Sioux burial grounds and sacred sites.

Archaeologists & Museums Denounce Destruction of Standing Rock Sioux Burial Grounds

Over 1200 Archeologists & Museum Directors just sent a letter to President Obama demanding a halt to Dakota Access Pipeline

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just wanted you to know that our community is sending a big truckload of supplies to Standing Rock this weekend--and I am going to be cleaning my closets.

Thank you, my friend. It is very much appreciated.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Did you notice the difference of the police state presence at Standing Rock with Native Americans compared to the Bundy occupation with white men? The Sioux Nation of Standing Rock, along with over 300 tribes and the thousands of non-Indigenous people standing in solidarity with them there in North Dakota, are trying to protect the water and the land from being destroyed by an oil pipeline, and they are peaceful and unarmed. Can the same be said about the Bundy occupation? I think not.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Oh, NO!!
The look on that woman's face. Staring that officer right in the eye--standing firm and determined. The 2nd picture. How come this is not being covered in the media?? This is an outrage and the world should stand up and
say so!! No excuse for this---it is their right!!

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, NO!!
The look on that woman's face. Staring that officer right in the eye--standing firm and determined. The 2nd picture. How come this is not being covered in the media?? This is an outrage and the world should stand up and

The protest has been getting more non-native media coverage, such as from MSNBC with Lawrence O'Donnell, but not much from NBC or ABC. We are getting worldwide attention and we are receiving solidarity from people around the world. The United Nations and Amnesty International have also stepped in and voiced their concern.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Did you notice the difference of the police state presence at Standing Rock with Native Americans compared to the Bundy occupation with white men? The Sioux Nation of Standing Rock, along with over 300 tribes and the thousands of non-Indigenous people standing in solidarity with them there in North Dakota, are trying to protect the water and the land from being destroyed by an oil pipeline, and they are peaceful and unarmed. Can the same be said about the Bundy occupation? I think not.

It's been obvious that the two events were being handled totally differently from day one. I'm disgusted. I normally keep my Facebook page to just art, birds and family, but I'm so outraged I had to share a video in that article. The only way we're going to know anything about what is going on in Standing Rock is by the protectors who are there.

• Agree
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Oh, NO!!

That is quite the photograph. Unfortunately the owner of that blog doesn't allow anything to be copied, otherwise I'd share it here.

Upvote 0

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tadoflamb

no identificado
Feb 20, 2007
Diocese of Tucson
✟74,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics