Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
ebedmelech: Where does scripture define "Israel of God" as all believers?
Revelation 7.

When John finishes hearing the 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes, the next thing he does in look and see what they represent. He sees a great multitude that no one can number. They are ALL of the redeemed of God...the Israel of God.

Upvote 0

riverrat

Feb 28, 2011
✟17,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 7.

When John finishes hearing the 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes, the next thing he does in look and see what they represent. He sees a great multitude that no one can number. They are ALL of the redeemed of God...the Israel of God.
Thanks for the reference but it does not say this group of people is the "Israel of God".

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks for the reference but it does not say this group of people is the "Israel of God".
Not really hard to figure out if you read your scriptures.

There is one place where the apostle Paul uses the term "Israel of God"...that would be Galatians 6 as he closes out the letter, but people often overlook the term...Galatians 6:14-16
14 But may it never be that I would boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15 For neither is circumcision anything, nor uncircumcision, but a new creation.
16 And those who will walk by this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.

When you understand Jew (circumcision) nor Gentile (uncircumcision) means nothing...you understand the Israel of God is all believers in Christ.

Paul says this in many ways:

In Ephesians 2:11-13...he makes an interesting statement we have to think about, he says:
11 Therefore remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” which is performed in the flesh by human hands—
12 remember that you were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world.
13 But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.

Paul says we were:

*"FORMERLY Gentiles in the flesh" (If we are FORMERLY Gentiles...what are we?)

*"EXCLUDED from the commonwealth of Israel" (If we were EXCLUDED, it follows that we are now INCLUDED)

*"and STRANGERS to the covenants of promise" (If we were STRANGERS, in Christ we are no longer strangers)

So...in Christ we become citizens of "Israel" in "the Spirit"!!! We are included instead of excluded.

Ephesians 2:13-22 is making the total argument for the Spiritual Israel! Furthermore, Paul has alluded to this a few times in Romans:

Romans 2:28, 29...is often overlooked, but this passage tells us we become "Spiritual Jews" when we get saved:
28 For he is not a Jew who is one outwardly, nor is circumcision that which is outward in the flesh.
29 But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God.

This again is his point in Philippians 3:3 where he says:
3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

There are more places to make this point...but these are most profound. It seems people just read past these passages without really thinking about what they say.

I can remember as I was taught the "dispensational teaching" that God has "two peoples". I was doing "Navigators cards" to memorize passages, and I memorized Philippians 3:3 in KJV. I could remember thinking "that passage is calling us Jews spiritually".

The same thing happened with Romans 2:28, 29! I was in the Navy then, and a Christian brother and I were discussing salvation. He spoke to me that Romans 2:28, 29 where saying we're "spiritual Jews" and so I read it, and I had to agree with him.

I'm glad as I matured Spiritually I came to the point that I could no longer hold to the idea God has "two peoples"! He has always had only one people, and that is all who are saved. They are God's "Israel".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The promises of God are irrevocable.
No man can break God's Covenant with the Seed of Jacob, nor can any man usurp the Namesake people of the New Man name.

Strangers can be joined to Israel, and enter into the promise God gave to Abraham by faith, for the City of God afar off, but no man can usurp the seed of Abraham, through Isaac, through Jacob and the twelve tribes.

God will never ever break His Promises to the seed of Jacob,
and no Gentile
can ever usurp God's promises to the tribes of Jacob
and pretend that they are replacing those tribes
and that God has cast away His own namesake people of the New Man name
over whom He invoked His own New Man name as a sign of the adoption to come
into that Name,
at the regeneration of the flesh of the redeemed.

To throw away the promises of God and make a new kind of salvation up. built on nothing but fables, is the worst kind of folly, and shows a lack of the Fear and Awe of God and of His Holiness in keeping Covenant with His own.

God is not a liar, nor is He a Schitzophrenic,
nor does He change His mind
and throw out His one Plan for Salvation
-which is of the Jews.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
How soon?
I'll give you a hint. Don't wait on it Go on doing the Lord's work. Ariel Sharon is nothing special in the scheme of things.

Just more nonsense trying to predict the end time events.

Upvote 0

Messy

Jan 30, 2011
Holland
✟21,082.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Of course not.
His passing is a sign for Israel that Yeshua, their Messiah, will soon appear.

I believe it, I believe he met Jesus. Made me think of: this generation will not pass..
Don't know what it implicates though. Romans 11: If Israel accepts Him, it means world revival. Is it about His second coming or rapture or is it about Him coming to the temple suddenly and the latter rain. Before Ezekiel 38 there's Ezekiel 37.
In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.
Didn't see this happen yet.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How soon?
As soon as the Church is removed from the midst of the world....guaranteed!

Enoch said so, before the flood, when he received the parables of the last days [eschatology]and wrote of the rapture-which is not secret- before the tribulation and the second consummation of sin on the earth.

Enoch 50 -the rapture and the repentance of those who see it and do not get raptured, but who do repent and live through the tribulation....

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Enoch said so, before the flood, when he received the parables of the last days [eschatology]and wrote of the rapture-which is not secret- before the tribulation and the second consummation of sin on the earth.

Enoch 50 -the rapture and the repentance of those who see it and do not get raptured, but who do repent and live through the tribulation....

When Jesus Raptures the Church, it is after The resurrection of the dead.

Those that that did not take the mark of the beast, during the tribulation will be resurrected, which is before the rapture.

JLB

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe it, I believe he met Jesus. Made me think of: this generation will not pass..
Don't know what it implicates though. Romans 11: If Israel accepts Him, it means world revival. Is it about His second coming or rapture or is it about Him coming to the temple suddenly and the latter rain. Before Ezekiel 38 there's Ezekiel 37.
In the latter years you will come into the land of those brought back from the sword and gathered from many people on the mountains of Israel, which had long been desolate; they were brought out of the nations, and now all of them dwell safely.
Didn't see this happen yet.
Like the Revelation of Jesus which He gave to John, it is in stages, as He deals with the world of unbelievers while the Gospel goes out: Remember, Elijah and Moses return to the streets of Jerusalem and preach The Messiah and Him crucified as their Atonement for 3 1/2 years, and 144,000 male virgins of the twelve tribes repent and begin preaching the Messiah until they are raptured mid-trib....at the same time Moses and Elijah are raised form the dead in glorified bodies and ascend to heaven in the sight of the whole world....
The rapture is never secret, nor will the second coming be secret, but every eye shall see Him and Israel will be prepared for His return then, saying;" "Blessed is He who Comes in the Name of YHWH".

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When Jesus Raptures the Church, it is after The resurrection of the dead.

Those that that did not take the mark of the beast, during the tribulation will be resurrected, which is before the rapture.

JLB
You have that partly right, as the dead in Christ are resurrected first, but we who are alive and remain are regenerated in body at the second trump of the Two that call the gathering of the Congregation of YHWH to assemble at His Temple in heaven doors, to hear from Him as it is typed in the Living Oracles -like in a twinkle of an eye after He raptures the dead bodies from the grave and unites them with the souls He brings with Him in the air, to receive their bodies "for the Glory".

Then we all go into His temple in heaven and hide ourselves away for the required one week and celebrate our consecration to the priesthood of heaven in the New Man garments made for the Glory -it's all in the Law and the prophets, for him who reads and understands.

Isaiah 26:17-21 and Psalm 50, Psalm 75:2,3 -and Leviticus 8.
Read them, and learn His one plan from the beginning...

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian

What year will the church be removed?

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What year will the church be removed?
For those who watch and pray, living godly sober lives that they may be counted worthy to escape all the things that will come in that day, and to stand before the Son of Man as his adopted sons and priests in His heavenly priesthood, in His heavenly temple, it is coming "in about 5 minutes" -always, until it does.

For those who remain on earth for the tribulation, they can count the days exactly to the moment the Messiah returns to cleanse the earth of all that offends and to set up His heavenly kingdom, beginning from the day the two Witnesses begin preaching Yeshua as the Messiah in the streets of Jerusalem. When they are slain and lie in the streets of Jerusalem and are seen by all the watching world for 3 1/2 days, and rise and ascend to heaven, then it will be 3 1/2 more years exactly to the day that the Messiah returns.

But the Church has no signs to watch for, just a warning to pray to be counted worthy to escape -as Jesus tells us to do- and to stand before the Son of Man in heaven's temple, serving there as heavenly priests in His New Man name....

Israel is the sign nation for the absolute day of the Messiah's return. The CHurch has no sign to watch for for the naming of a day.

" All the signs are"
belong to Israel
the sign nation.

Anyone left behind can count the days to His return, and they that are wise will know and understand...

Upvote 0