Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Being grafted back in is not a prediction. It is a possibility because faith does open that door. "God is able to graft them back in" is much weaker than a prediction that they will be, and a future group who will be grafted in automatically excludes all those from that ethnos who were not believers before that future point, anyway. But God doesn't deal in ethno-groups anyway. Never has.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Being grafted back in is not a prediction. It is a possibility because faith does open that door. "God is able to graft them back in" is much weaker than a prediction that they will be, and a future group who will be grafted in automatically excludes all those from that ethnos who were not believers before that future point, anyway. But God doesn't deal in ethno-groups anyway. Never has.
No it's not a prediction, it is later said Israel blindness is "until the fullness of the Gentiles come in".

It's going to happen.

Reactions: Messy
Upvote 0

Interplanner

Aug 5, 2012
near Olympic National Park
✟12,847.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
the partial blindness is there for the duration of the times of the Gentiles. He was answering the question of whether there would be any difference between the past and the future; negative. This is all part of answering the question in Rom 9-11: why don't they believe? Or, why do so few of Israel believe with all their 'head start'? the "times of the Gentiles" finish out this world; that is one of the first doctrines I run into when I read Messianic Jews, one of which just posted here on "the Gentile church."

The "all Israel" is as he defined it. That will be saved down through time, but it is not a future "event." You can't pick a spot in the future and say "all" of an ethnos will be saved, because you just skipped most of them before that. But you can do it if the criterion is the same faith from "first to last" (Rom 1), down through time (Eph 3 "for many generations").

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
the partial blindness is there for the duration of the times of the Gentiles. He was answering the question of whether there would be any difference between the past and the future; negative. This is all part of answering the question in Rom 9-11: why don't they believe? Or, why do so few of Israel believe with all their 'head start'? the "times of the Gentiles" finish out this world; that is one of the first doctrines I run into when I read Messianic Jews, one of which just posted here on "the Gentile church."

The "all Israel" is as he defined it. That will be saved down through time, but it is not a future "event." You can't pick a spot in the future and say "all" of an ethnos will be saved, because you just skipped most of them before that. But you can do it if the criterion is the same faith from "first to last" (Rom 1), down through time (Eph 3 "for many generations").
Yet Inter, you still have to understand why Paul is making the point that "God is able to graft them back in". This is not something he goes into as a hypothetical. Ask yourself "why is it only a "partial hardening?" The answer would be to save a remnant of the Jews.

However the apostle has made the point they will be grafted back in at Romans 11:24:
24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?

So the point is they will be grafted back in and he quotes Isaiah 59:20, 21 and Isaiah 27:9 to make his point. This is clarification that this will happen. All Jews will not be saved, but I believe we will see massive conversions of Jews to the New Covenant through faith in Christ.

The problem is many don't realize that "all Israel" applies to the Gentiles also. The apostle has made that point with the cultivated olive tree metaphor which is Jew and Gentile believers grafted together as one tree.

I definitely believe the point being made there is that once the fullness of the Gentiles are saved, God pours His Spirit out on Israel "according to the flesh"

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that Ariel Sharon has been in a coma for almost 8 years now, just saw this article in the news.

Former Israeli PM Sharon in critical condition

And yes, when the fulness of the Gentiles be come in, then God will remove ungodliness from Jacob.:thumbsup:

This is great news for the elect of Israel, but terrible news for those of the Nations who have rejected the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that Ariel Sharon has been in a coma for almost 8 years now, just saw this article in the news.

Former Israeli PM Sharon in critical condition

And yes, when the fulness of the Gentiles be come in, then God will remove ungodliness from Jacob.:thumbsup:

This is great news for the elect of Israel, but terrible news for those of the Nations who have rejected the saving grace of Jesus Christ.

Yes.
I was just reading in the Dead Sea Scrolls "War Scroll" last eve, and the 40 year war is described that Israel will engage in with the nations, beginning, it seems, with the Psalm 83 line-up.
So Israel has everything ready to go for the tribulation temple, and it seems that, according to the War Scroll, the final wars will be in 7 stages, with the many nations named in that Scroll.
One interesting fact in that scroll is that the age of grace will end for the nations when those wars are engaged, so even in that, this age is the age of grace for the nations [but I have to go back and see just where it was at and exactly how the wording was, cause I did not mark it...Isaiah also has the same message, in its own words], and when the Church is removed from the midst of the earth, that age ends for the nations, and Israel enters into her terrible time of purging and of being made clean, while God defends her from the nations that come against her and -punishes them.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well ever since I received the anointing of the Holy Spirit back in 2007 I've been preaching the fulness of the time was coming for the end of the Gentile age. I even posted many threads about when I thought the end of this period was to come about based on scripture, and a number pattern I had seen in scripture.

The nations will be gathered against Israel once again, as is written, and the Lord will glorify His name when this happens. But as far as 40 years of wars, and Israel entering into a terrible time, and being purged and made clean as you said, I don't see that at all.

The time of Jacobs trouble is almost over, but the time of Gods wrath to be poured out upon the nations of the world is soon to begin after the fulness of the Gentiles is come in.

What happened to Israel when they refused Messiah, (being cut off, and cast out) will also happen to the Nations. But I don't believe it will be a long drawn out tribulation period like with the Jews, but rather "sudden destruction" upon all the nations who rejected Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi

I found that book really interesting for these reasons

It shows Kittim as being a major world power at the time of the End. Kittim is Rome.

It gives the name of the leader of the Fallen Angels. It calls him Belial which is a common biblical degraded name for Baal. By degraded I mean it is adding to the name to mock it. Just as Astarte is called Ashtoreth which takes the first part of Astarte and combines it with boshet the Hebrew word for shame.

Belial is the combination of two Hebrew words beli (without)and ya'al(worth) basically "worthless"

So Ba'al is the God of no worth often spelt Baell or Beel The Sun God the God of War and Forces. see Daniel 11: 38

See

Baal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal_(demon)

Baal also known as Beelzebub or The Prince of the Fallen Angels who followed Satan.

Mt:12:24: But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out demons, but by Beelzebub the prince of the demons.

Early Christians believed Baal was the Beast in the pit in charge of the Armies of Demons locked in the pit. Ie The Angle that is the King of the Pit.

Make no mistake the Beast in the Pit is the Fallen Angel Azazel AKA the false god of no worth Baal

Ironically the legend of Baal is that he sought permission from El His Master to build a Tabernacle that rivaled the most lavish Tabernacle of God. Go Figure

The Beast is not Nimrod or some other fallen Babylonian King it is not some man that gets possessed by Satan. It is Azazel the leader of the Fallen Angels that took Human wives and was locked in the pit pre flood to be let loose for the great day of the Lord and cast into the lake of fire.

Known to early man as the God Baal

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The sons of Belial are just sons of "that Wicked" spirit, who are of the serpents seed (their father the Devil) brood of vipers. (seed of evil doers etc.)

1 Samuel 2:12 Now the sons of Eli were sons of Belial; they knew not the Lord.

Beelzebub means "lord of the flies", which causes the healing ointment of the Great Physician to stink. (dead flies in the ointment)

Ecclesiastes 10:1 Dead flies cause the ointment of the apothecary to send forth a stinking savour: so doth a little folly him that is in reputation for wisdom and honour.

Upvote 0

Steve Petersen

Senior Veteran
May 11, 2005
✟162,912.00
Faith
Deist
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi In Spirit

No that verse means sons of worthlessness literally worthless sons.

The verse says exactly what it means. Beelzebub is the Prince of the Demons. Lord of flies comes from a medieval lack of understanding.

Baal literally means Lord so it literally is lord of heavenly dwellings. As I stated the myth of Baal is that he asked El the is father to let him build a Tabernacle equal to the best in Heaven.

Mt:12:24: But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out demons, but by Beelzebub the prince of the demons.

It is a Hebrew play on words with the name Baal the false God Baal. Just as Astarte was Called Ashtoreth basically meaning Goddess of Shame.

Regardless Baal is the Fallen Angel Azazel the Beast in the Pit that goes to the lake of fire.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi

I found that book really interesting for these reasons

It shows Kittim as being a major world power at the time of the End. Kittim is Rome.

It gives the name of the leader of the Fallen Angels. It calls him Belial which is a common biblical degraded name for Baal. By degraded I mean it is adding to the name to mock it. Just as Astarte is called Ashtoreth which takes the first part of Astarte and combines it with boshet the Hebrew word for shame.
Hi Just The Facts.
You are speaking of the War Scroll -right?

Kittim was son of Javan, son of Japheth, but Kittim came to include more than they who settled what is now called Italy; Cyprus is called "Kittim" in ancient history, and Greece and Turkey own Cyprus today.
In the War Scrolls, I think Kittim includes the entire Gentile armies of the world, in the same manner that all the sons of Jacob came to be called Jews, so the sons of Javan cam to be called Kittim.

Pesher

Isaiah might prophesy the downfall of the Assyrian, Ezekiel might foretell the rise and fall of "Gog, of the land of Magog," Habakkuk might describe the invasion of his land by the Chaldeans; but in these and other instances the reference is not to enemies of Israel in the respective prophets' days but to the great gentile power which would oppress the people of God at the end-time, regularly designated the *Kittim in the Qumran texts. For example, in a commentary on Isaiah (4QpIsa), the advance and overthrow of the Assyrians in Isaiah 10:24ff., are interpreted as the eschatological "war of the Kittim." The leader of the Kittim (or so it appears, for the manuscript is badly mutilated) goes up from the plain of Acre to the approaches of Jerusalem. This is followed by the quotation of Isaiah 11:1–4 which is properly interpreted as the "shoot of David" who is to arise in the latter days to rule all the gentiles, including "Magog," but takes his directions from the priests. (This is in line with the Qumran picture of the age to come, in which the priesthood, and especially the "Messiah of Aaron," will take precedence over the Davidic Messiah, whose main function is to lead his followers to victory in battle.) In line with the interpretation of the Assyrians as the Kittim in this commentary is the quotation of Isaiah 31:8 in the *War Scroll (1QM 11:11ff.) with references to the destruction of the Kittim ("Then shall Asshur fall with the sword, not of man, and the sword, not of man, shall devour him").

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Just The Facts

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
✟80,681.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi yessuasaved

I would agree with the first part of what you said. I did not just mean Italy I meant the Roman Empire. Kittim meant the whole Area that eventually was the Roman Empire.

For Example in Daniel 11 we know for sure the Sips of Kittim were the ships of the Roman Empire.

What this tells us is that at the day of the Lord the Roman Empire is still on Earth.

You will notice that in this Scroll Kittim does the exact same thing the King of the North does in in Daniel 11 verse 40 on. Further Proving that as Rome expanded and took over the Territory of the Seleucid Empire it became the King of the North. This Kingdom then Spread around the World as Constantine Christianity.

So in a sense you are correct Kittim is now the rest of the world Minus the King of the South and the Kings of the East.

daniel1140.jpg

That is why there are only three sets of Kings after Daniel 11:40. The King of the North IE Kittim the King of the South and the Kings of the east.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi In Spirit

No that verse means sons of worthlessness literally worthless sons.

The verse says exactly what it means. Beelzebub is the Prince of the Demons. Lord of flies comes from a medieval lack of understanding.

I know what the name belial means, but it is what it represents that matters.:thumbsup:

Also check the Hebrew meaning for the name Beelzebub aka Baalzebub. It means "god of the fly" aka "Lord of the flies"

Beelzebub or Beel-Zebub (/biːˈɛlzɨbʌb/ bee-EL-zə-bub or /ˈbiːlzɨbʌb/ BEEL-zə-bub; (Hebrew: בַּעַל זְבוּב‎, Baʿal Zəvûv; Arabic: بعل الذباب‎, Ba‘al adh-Dhubāb; literally "Lord of the Flies";

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi yessuasaved

I would agree with the first part of what you said. I did not just mean Italy I meant the Roman Empire. Kittim meant the whole Area that eventually was the Roman Empire.

For Example in Daniel 11 we know for sure the Sips of Kittim were the ships of the Roman Empire.

What this tells us is that at the day of the Lord the Roman Empire is still on Earth.

You will notice that in this Scroll Kittim does the exact same thing the King of the North does in in Daniel 11 verse 40 on. Further Proving that as Rome expanded and took over the Territory of the Seleucid Empire it became the King of the North. This Kingdom then Spread around the World as Constantine Christianity.

So in a sense you are correct Kittim is now the rest of the world Minus the King of the South and the Kings of the East.

That is why there are only three sets of Kings after Daniel 11:40. The King of the North IE Kittim the King of the South and the Kings of the east.

I agree about the Roman Empire but only as Walid Shoebat has taught us from the Word: it is the eastern leg of the Roman Empire that is the 8th king, of the 7, and is the ottoman Empire revived in the last days.
The seat of Satan is in Turkey, said Jesus [Pergamos is in Turkey].
Rev 2:12 And to the angel of the church in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;
Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,692.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

We are that future generation.

In Isaiah 66, when Israel becomes a nation again in a single day. As soon as she travailed, that generation, which modern day Israel born in 1948 and Jerusalem 1967 has obviously been going through, Zion will deliver her children, they will accept Jesus. The first child delivered before her pains came, was Jesus.

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.

Last edited:
Upvote 0