Are you worried about the end of the world?

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's the year 2017 and the prognosticators and prophets have come up with a heady mixture this time.

When you read history you realize that in every age people have been reading the signs of the times and predicting a great catastrophe.

The end of the world, just like an overdue bus, is always just around the corner.

Continued below.
Worried About the End of the World? - Standing on my Head

Reactions: PrettyboyAndy

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Am I worried about the end of the world? Not particularly. Eventually, I guess, the sun will do as science suggests, and expand to the extent that it swallows the Earth. But that is several hundreds on millions of years away yet, by which time I fully expect humanity will inhabit other worlds, and so does not greatly concern me. And, as the economist John Maynard Keynes once said, 'in the long run, we are all dead.'

Am I worried about the end of the world as we know it? Considerably. The possibility that democracies might implode, civilisations disintegrate, societies collapse, and the Earth return to dog-eat-dog barbarism is an ever present threat. And that would be a mite inconvenient.

Best wishes, Strivax.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Hey @Michie - I noticed your hiccup (guessing it's a technical error) with the thread posted 3x in OBOB and so I locked the other two for you to keep replies all in one place.

:)

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,669,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey @Michie - I noticed your hiccup (guessing it's a technical error) with the thread posted 3x in OBOB and so I locked the other two for you to keep replies all in one place.

:)
Thank you! I hate when this happens sorry!

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thank you! I hate when this happens sorry!
You're welcome, and no problem at all! I'm glad I could help, and glad I saw it before you had replies in all three. :)

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And I might as well answer. :)

No, I'm not worried. I'm not Catholic, and I didn't realize you guys had some extra numbers things to worry about. But it all matters not.

God is in control. What will come, will come, whether war and terror and famine, or whether the mentioned time of great peace. None of it is going to catch Him by surprise, and none of it is too much for Him to handle.

He knows what I (and by extension, everyone particularly) need, whether that be peace for resting or adversity for strengthening, and He knows how to provide it and help me through it. In the end, He desires all men to be saved, and I know He wants me to be saved, so I will go along with whatever happens, knowing it will work for good in me.

Glory to God! Why should we ever fear anything?

Upvote 0

LordyLordy

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟15,647.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
It's the year 2017 and the prognosticators and prophets have come up with a heady mixture this time.

When you read history you realize that in every age people have been reading the signs of the times and predicting a great catastrophe.

The end of the world, just like an overdue bus, is always just around the corner.

Continued below.

The end is coming soon and the beginning is coming soon, it's all a matter of how you look at things.

Two guys at a bar were arguing about life. One claimed we'll live forever and the other claimed we'll be dead forever. To settle the matter, the bartender gave them both new wine to drink and told them they're both right.

Most people would die for the truth and they will.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LordyLordy

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟15,647.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
I believe that the end of this world/Second Coming is coming soon.

But I don't know how soon.

When the ground beneath your feet starts to shake violently, then be prepared to start living life completely different than what we know today. That good news is that it's forever but the bad news is that you won't remember anything you've experienced in your life before the change.

Isaiah 65
16: So that he who blesses himself in the land shall bless himself by the God of truth, and he who takes an oath in the land shall swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten and are hid from my eyes.
17: "For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things shall not be remembered or come into mind.

Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Continued below.
I'm looking forward to it. If it comes before I get too much older I can avoid the misery and decrepitude that comes with getting old.

Reactions: bill5
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nope, not in the least. Worrying about death is a waste of the finite time in this Earthly life we've been blessed with. I've known Chicken Littles who've spent decades pining about this doomsday prophesy or that supposed antichrist or this comet or that political leader, and in no cases has any good fruit come of it. Our last breath is coming very soon - maybe in an apocalyptic event, maybe in a nursing home - and we have no excuses for spending this hour worrying about what may come instead of using this hour to serve the less fortunate.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,405.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obviously we have put the world in greater danger of annihilation--either through environmental disaster or nuclear war--by electing Trump as president, but if we can just hang tight for a few years--hopefully fewer--we may be able to reclaim our future and undo the damage that has been done.

If we live mindfully, appreciating every moment, letting the people we love know we love them, living a life of kindness in relationship to God, we have nothing to fear if the world ends.

Upvote 0

BroIgnatius

Deliverance Counselor, Apologist, Spiritual Dir
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2003
Just outside the State of Grace
Visit site
✟136,944.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Others
Obviously we have put the world in greater danger of annihilation--either through environmental disaster or nuclear war--by electing Trump as president, but if we can just hang tight for a few years--hopefully fewer--we may be able to reclaim our future and undo the damage that has been done.

If we live mindfully, appreciating every moment, letting the people we love know we love them, living a life of kindness in relationship to God, we have nothing to fear if the world ends.

Funny. It will take years to undo the damage Obama has done. It is the Progressive Liberals who will lead us into end time prophecies.

Nevertheless, the end of my world will be when I die for whatever reasons. Either then, or at the second coming, nothing to worry about as long as one is in a state of grace.

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Strivax

Pilgrim on another way
Site Supporter
May 28, 2014
In contemplation
✟112,390.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Funny. It will take years to undo the damage Obama has done. It is the Progressive Liberals who will lead us into end time prophecies.

Nevertheless, the end of my world will be when I die for whatever reasons. Either then, or at the second coming, nothing to worry about as long as one is in a state of grace.

Not entirely sure an Obama-hating, Trump-supporting, Conservative-voting, Liberal-disparaging, End-of-the-World-wanting individual is living in a state of grace. But hey, what do I know?

Best wishes, Strivax.

Upvote 0