1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Are "Who Am I" lyrics from Scripture verses?

Discussion in 'Christian Music' started by WeakButHopeful, Jun 24, 2005.

1. WeakButHopeful

WeakButHopeful Senior Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    When I listen to the lyrics to the song "Who Am I" (wave tossed in the ocean, vapor in the wind, flower quickly dying) they sound so Biblical, but I can't place the verses. I did some searching and only found James 1:6. The lyrics sound like they'd be from some Psalm, and I know Psalm 103 talks about a flower in the field and the wind blowing over it. I suppose the easiest explanation is that I'm just imagining that I ever read these words in the Bible, but just figured I'd check with the CF folks for the final word.

2. JesusWasn'tWhite

JesusWasn'tWhite New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    From the Casting Crowns website:

Song based on Psalms 52 and 139 and Ephesians 2

3. WeakButHopeful

WeakButHopeful Senior Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Thanks JWW. I don't actually see any mention of flowers, waves or vapors in either Psalms 52 or 139, or Ephesians 2. I'm sure if Casting Crowns says that's what it's from then I guess they're talking general inspiration, not exact wording, or else this late on a Friday my eyes are buggy and I'm missing some verses. Thanks for helping with my research. God bless!

4. megapath1

megapath1 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    James 4:14
    Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.

5. kurt05

kurt05 New Member

Faith:
    Catholic
    Yes it is and i love that song specially the last lyrics.

Who'm shall i fear ,Whom shall i fear cause i am your's

That was a line that i will not forget.