Are we obligated to inform new believers about potentially losing their newly acquired salvation?

VanillaSunflowers

Black Lives Don't Matter More Than Any Other Life
Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
"Can a Christian lose their Salvation?"
The question Christians need to ask after that is, "was the person saved to begin with? "
Brothers and Sisters in Christ, remember the parable of the sower.

1John 4 is a great place to learn that God does not revoke his promise. He called you to him. He knew you before you were born. He knows your name. He knows the number of hairs on your head. He knows when a sparrow falls from the sky. He knows.
Would God kill his son as a sacrifice to call you whom he knows to him? And then tell you , times up? No more Salvation for you?

God stays one with everyone who openly says that Jesus is the Son of God. That’s how we stay one with God.
1John 4:15

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Just another thought here. Do members of the church , those in Christ, notice the number of invitations there are here to read text that tells you you are not really regenerate? That Christ and his death did not give you what he died to insure by will of his Father? What would be the motive of any message intending to make you feel insecure ? And to say of God the opposite of what God himself said through the blood of his son? Who stated from that altar that was the cross, it is finished?
It is finished? But it is revocable? Did Jesus say he came to save the world, that no one whom his Father delivers to his hand shall never be cast out, no man can snatch them away? And then say, "just kidding!" ?

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
That video is so worth watching. If you'll spend time reading every single post here because an invitation to renounce your faith in Jesus' promise appeared on the header, spending time to watch that pastoral renunciation of that thread proclamation will save a lot of unnecessary argument against that which hopes to confuse those blessed in the Grace of God with his Holy gift.
Think what you're being asked to believe. That you can be unborn, after being reborn in Christ. That you can be unregenerate after being regenerated in the love and truth of God's Grace. Grace, proper noun for the universal truth that it encompasses. That you can be unsaved. That you can have God remember your sins again after he said he would remember your sins no more once you were repentant, redeemed, regenerated, reborn, and saved, washed clean by the blood of the Lamb Jesus Christ.
And this is probably the most offensive thing such false teachings as is hoping to make way in this thread is asking people of Christ to consider true. That God's holy spirit that sealed you for all time , indwells you, that sacred temple made clean by the blood sacrifice of God's only Son, made a mistake in entering into you because God sent that holy spirit so that He would leave when time was up!

Eternal life in Christ isn't eternal when it expires. Salvation isn't Salvation , isn't saving you, when it can be revoked, canceled, lost! Because God decided to renounce the promise. Or, because an all knowing God agreed that you have more power than He does, more foresight than He does, when He called you to Christ, as the scripture tells us is how we find our way, and had no idea that afterward it would be your choice to cancel, revoke, ask him to lose you from that covenant.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I guess I wasn't clear. I'm not a member of the church of Nazarenes.

Then change your affiliation indicated. You are misrepresenting them, and until you change your affiliation, I'll not discuss anything with you. You are being dishonest and misrepresenting that denomination.

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Then change your affiliation indicated. You are misrepresenting them, and until you change your affiliation, I'll not discuss anything with you. You are being dishonest and misrepresenting that denomination.
Still don't have any scripture that refutes those in John?

Well, by your label non-denominational and your efforts to mislead believers into thinking God and Jesus lied, I'll consider your demand and retort with Matthew 16:23.

Jesus was a Nazarene before any denomination formed taking on his name. Jesus wasn't a Christian either but billions call themselves that.

I'll not change a thing to concede to the demands of one who argues falsehoods about Christ and God's eternal promise here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Just another thought here. Do members of the church , those in Christ, notice the number of invitations there are here to read text that tells you you are not really regenerate? That Christ and his death did not give you what he died to insure by will of his Father? What would be the motive of any message intending to make you feel insecure ? And to say of God the opposite of what God himself said through the blood of his son? Who stated from that altar that was the cross, it is finished?
It is finished? But it is revocable? Did Jesus say he came to save the world, that no one whom his Father delivers to his hand shall never be cast out, no man can snatch them away? And then say, "just kidding!" ?

This guy is a hard-core calvinist. Do you really want me to critique his video? I will if you want, but I doubt you would accept anything I had to say. If this guy is your guy, then nothing anyone else says is going to matter. So, are you willing to accept the possibility that this guy is wrong? If you are, then I might address his video, but if you say you will continue to believe him no matter what anyone else says, I'll not waste my time. So what say you? Are you willing to consider alternatives outside your comfort zone?

Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
And by the way just so that you know, it is against the rules here to claim someone is not a Christian. That would include their denominational affiliation. Do not pursue your line of personal attack, which is against the rules being we're to address the content of a thread and not one another personally.
And before it forms into print in retort, identifying falsehoods that are against the written Word of God is not a personal attack, nor attacking the one doing so. It is defending the truth of God in Christ and upholding the faith and its tenets.

What is against the rules is to teach doctrine contrary to that of Christ.

Upvote 0

bottomofsandal

Mar 10, 2012
America
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Even this OP lie that is hoping you believe in it rather than in Christ.
A lot of people are chuckling...I am OSAS/eternal security

My point (as explained in the thread) is if salvation is temporary, the new convert should have been told this before salvation. Then of course, the seeker should have questioned this gift of God. If one believes we must work to keep grace working, then the seeker needs to be illuminated on this critical matter. When is the appropriate time for a new believer to be told their salvation is not eternal? I was demanding answers!!!

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
And by the way just so that you know, it is against the rules here to claim someone is not a Christian. That would include their denominational affiliation. ...

You have already acknowledged that you are not a Nazarene, even though you also identify yourself as one. Go ahead, report me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
For brothers and sisters in Christ, please consider this articles conclusion. The full article is a blessing and this last part is assurance reiterating God's truth. If you believe you can lose your salvation then God did not believe in you. And that my dear souls is impossible. :) Amen!
"Does God the Father fail?
If some of the ones that are given to Jesus by the Father end up being lost, then wouldn't that mean God the Father himself failed because some of the ones the Father decided to give to the Son for the Son to keep ended up being lost? Doesn't the Father, in all his omniscience, know who to give to the Son so that they will not be lost? And, does the Father also know that the Son will accomplish His will and not lose any? Of course he does. Does not the Son know how to carry out the will of the Father and keep those given to Him? Of course he does. So, to say that some of the ones given to the Son by God the Father will be lost is to accuse God the Father of making a mistake in his judgment of whom to trust with those he has chosen to have eternal life.

Do you see the humongous problem that is laid at the feet of those who would say that they can lose their salvation by saying they have to keep the law and/or remain faithful? The verses that we're talking about here speak of the work and the will of God the Father giving to the Son a special group of people and not giving others to Him. If they can be lost, then Jesus failed to do the will of God the Father; and it would also mean God the Father made a mistake in giving those to the Son for safe keeping."
Scriptural proof that Christians cannot lose their salvation
by Matt Slick
5/10/14

Reactions: sdowney717
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

VanillaSunflowers

Jul 26, 2016
DE
✟18,570.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
A lot of people are chuckling...I am OSAS/eternal security
Good to know you're telling us your PM with a lot of those here. And laugh at people after writing a blasphemous OP.

You're OSAS? Then the OP is a lie.
It's not explained in the thread. The OP opens the discussion and you were clear there.

Upvote 0

EmSw

White Horse Rider
Apr 26, 2014
✟66,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For brothers and sisters in Christ, please consider this articles conclusion. The full article is a blessing and this last part is assurance reiterating God's truth. If you believe you can lose your salvation then God did not believe in you. And that my dear souls is impossible. :) Amen!
"Does God the Father fail?
If some of the ones that are given to Jesus by the Father end up being lost, then wouldn't that mean God the Father himself failed because some of the ones the Father decided to give to the Son for the Son to keep ended up being lost?

Maybe you should tell Judas this good news.

Upvote 0

bottomofsandal

Mar 10, 2012
America
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

The brother is from The Grace Evangelical Society
This video and others on the page below:

https://faithalone.org/

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bottomofsandal

Mar 10, 2012
America
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
So do you agree with this guy's message?
I will give it a listen...maybe later...what are your thoughts?

It came up in a search on grace. Looks to be fractured Lordship Salvation?

Upvote 0

Marvin Knox

Senior Veteran
May 9, 2014
✟84,598.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Is this conversation immediately after baptism? When?
When do we drop the bombshell that salvation has an expiration date?
This gift of God that you just received can be lost, cancelled, or revoked?
It is inappropriate to teach any false doctrine to any Christian - newly baptized or not.

To tell anyone that Jesus lied when He said that anyone who believed on Him has eternal life and will never again come into condemnation is not only inappropriate - it borders on blasphemy IMO.

Upvote 0

bottomofsandal

Mar 10, 2012
America
✟11,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It is inappropriate to teach any false doctrine to any Christian - newly baptized or not.

To tell anyone that Jesus lied when He said that anyone who believed on Him has eternal life and will never again come into condemnation is not only inappropriate - it borders on blasphemy IMO.
Agreed.
The greater a man perceives his involvement and contribution to his salvation,
the greater he feels compelled and obligated to work in order to maintain salvation.

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will give it a listen...maybe later...what are your thoughts?

It came up in a search on grace. Looks to be fractured Lordship Salvation?

He is from what is called a hyper-dispensational (and perhaps hyper-grace) movement. These guys are far out in left field. They openly reject the application of much of the New Testament to the modern, Christian church. I visited one of these many years ago. It was all I could do to restrain myself from speaking out during the sermon. These guys are really lost, perhaps of the edge of apostasy/insanity. The sermon I heard was about how only certain sections of Paul's writings were applicable to the church age. The speaker consistently insisted that the writings of Peter, John, and James (as well as the 4 gospels) were not intended for the church. Only certain writings of Paul were relevant to the church. These guys are false teachers! Run from them. I will critique this video later (and it is not new to me).

Upvote 0

DingDing

Feb 27, 2016
Florida
✟21,832.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agreed.
The greater a man perceives his involvement and contribution to his salvation,
the greater he feels compelled and obligated to work in order to maintain salvation.

No, you have presented a false claim. When a man perceives his involvement, he then realizes his responsibility. The gospel can be boiled down to two words, "Follow Me". So then, are you saying you feel no need to follow Him? On what then is your salvation based? Do you think you can live like the devil, as some claim, yet in the end get salvation? Such is a fool's delusion, and there are many who proclaim such delusions. Don't fall for this stuff.

Upvote 0