walkinginthelightnow

Jan 10, 2014
✟15,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take a look at Hebrews 6:4

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

And Hebrews 10:26

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Take a look at Hebrews 6:4

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

And Hebrews 10:26

For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

Upvote 0

Sonicwhite

CrazyCatMan
Nov 27, 2009
✟15,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You have to put Hebrews into the context of who Paul was talking about....Those of the Old Covenant. Cherry picking scripture only makes this person feel more condemned.....Jesus paid once and for all. This believer couldn't escape the Gates of HEAVEN even if he tried.

Hebrews 10:39
King James Bible
But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Meaning he belongs to the new covenant and not the old out dated one.

Upvote 0

walkinginthelightnow

Jan 10, 2014
✟15,326.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We need to mortify (thanatoó: to put to death θανατόω) the deeds of the flesh.

Jesus said go and sin no more.

Paul said, "Awake to righteousness and sin not"

Sin separates from God. God can hide his face...David feared this and was tormented by it.

"LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled (bahal: to disturb, terrify בָּהַל).

Paul also warns of being cut off by God.

Upvote 0

Sonicwhite

CrazyCatMan
Nov 27, 2009
✟15,835.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If anyone makes up their mind in their heart to rebel.....God corrects....Hebrews 12 also provides proof that those who truly belong to God will be disciplined for their good......Now it isn't simple as to explain how God corrects but know this. It will happen I believe in a way that gets the persons attention. I should know. I have been going thru it the last six years.....

I have also been in much terror about losing salvation until God opened my eye's and showed His gracious love.

Upvote 0