Are We Christians or Israelites?

JustHisKid

Jun 12, 2015
✟2,859.00
Faith
Christian
When you have time, please check out my postings in this thread to another CF Member named Open Heart. In reply to her comments, I outline in detail, almost entirely by Scripture, with very few words from myself, why I believe that either Jew or Gentile, only believers are Israel.

Sure, I'll take a look, but frankly, labels are irrelevant. If you are suggesting that believers replaced Israel, that is a different issue.

Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
Scarborough, Ontario, CANADA
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Sure, I'll take a look,

Thanks :) I look forward to your thoughts on those passages.

but frankly, labels are irrelevant.

I agree, except for labels God gives us, which are important to carry in Holyness for His Glory.

If you are suggesting that believers replaced Israel, that is a different issue.

I agreee. I'm not suggesting Gentile Believers have replaced the cast off Tribes of the House of Israel & the House of Judah.

Rather I believe that Gentile Believers are grafted into God's People, Israel; through Jesus. Just as believers among the cast off Tribes of the House of Israel & the House of Judah, are grafted back into God's People, Israel; through Jesus.

Basically,
God said, "Israel is my son, even my firstborn,"
and later said, "my people who are called by my name,"
then He cast off the Tribes of the House of Israel,
then He cast off the Tribes of the House of Judah,
when He came and lived & died & rose for us,
and brought individuals from every Tribe,
into Israel, His People;
including individuals from the cast of Tribes off the Houses of Israel & Judah.

So there is no more Jew nor Greek,
because all the Tribes of Israel were cast off
like all the Gentile tribes were at Babel.
So the Jew became the same as the Greek
and even more so is there equality between the Jew & the Greek
in Salvation, as we are made into 1 New Man through Jesus :)

So Israel has always been the name of God's people,
and just as before, not only believers of the 12 Tribes of Jacob were counted as God's People Israel, but also the mixed multitude & the stanger in the land, who joined himself to YHWH; and also now believers from every Tribe of Earth are counted as God's People Israel :)

Demonstrating the utter failure of every Man
and the Love & Victory of Jesus
to Save as many as are willing :)

Jesus Rules :D
Halleluyah ('',)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
my being will be what I am. no title can define those who God loves. I would prefer "christian" to "Israelite" seeing as I am against nationalism. I can't stand it when people try to fashion their morality out of their collectivism. it is the nasty carnal nature at work and it is what people have when they do not lift their souls up to God. not that going by the title of "christian" is better... but it is more relevant in todays world. when I tell people that i'm a christian there is already (most likely) a certain kind of picture being painted of me that is not perfect seeing as I'm not 'mainstream' at all. but I would feel rather strange to call myself an 'Israelite'. I would rather be called an 'Noxoitan'™ or a 'Noxzoanian'™... I admit that, yes, I am Gods chosen land but this microcosmos and microtheos is called "noxot". i'm going forwards, not backwards and I don't feel like bending my knees to things that are but symbols of the Truth.

Last edited:
Reactions: ron4shua
Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
my being will be what I am. no title can define those who God loves.

Hi Noxot :)

You would agree that Yahowah is able to define anything, right?

Well, He said, "my people are called by my name,"
and Christ is a title, meaning The Anointed,
while Israel is a proper name,
meaning, Right Hand Prince of God;
obviously that's Jesus.

I would prefer "christian" to "Israelite" seeing as I am against nationalism.

I am also not a traditional Nationalist, though I am a Nationalist. I was born in Sri Lanka, of the Tamil people, of the Catholic religion; but I have abandoned all that and fully embraced Yahowah's adoption of me into His people, Israel & His country, the Kingdom of Heaven & His home town, New Jerusalem & His culture the Foreshadow Feasts & His worship through Jesus / Yahoshua :)

So I am a nationalist, but for God's Faith based Nation :)

I can't stand it when people try to fashion their morality out of their collectivism. it is the nasty carnal nature at work and it is what people have when they do not lift their souls up to God. not that going by the title of "christian" is better... but it is more relevant in todays world.

I'm not sure what you mean by "morality out of their collectivisim," do you mean Democracy? I also think Democracy is wrong. I believe in the Republic, Kings ordained by God, good or bad, to serve or rebuke the people.

when I tell people that i'm a christian there is already (most likely) a certain kind of picture being painted of me that is not perfect seeing as I'm not 'mainstream' at all, but I would feel rather strange to call myself an 'Israelite'.

I prefer the God given name, Israel, and I use the opportunity to explain my beliefs, to share the Gospel; just as your name Noxoitan has opened the opportunity for you to do with me; as you'll see below ;)

I would rather be called an 'Noxoitan'™ or a 'Noxzoanian'™... I admit that, yes, I am Gods chosen land but this microcosmos and microtheos is called "noxot". i'm going forwards, not backwards and I don't feel like bending my knees to things that are but symbols of the Truth.

What is a Noxoitan?
Also, what do you mean by Microtheos?

Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually Israel means to prevail against God.

I've heard that before, but I haven't seen the translation notes.

From the passage and from the root words,
Israel means, Right Hand Prince of God.

"for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed."

Israel is spelled,
Yod Shin Rosh Aleph Lamed,

Yod means Hand, Right Hand by context,
Shin Rosh, spells Sar, meaning Prince
[ just as Abraham's wife's name, Sarai, means, My Princess ]
and Aleph Lamed, spells El, meaning God.

A King may have several sons, princes & chiefs, etc,
but the Right Hand Prince is like Joseph in Egypt,
second only to the King and indeed the King's Proxy.
Another foreshadow of Jesus :)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

That...no. Just so much no.

That isn't how words work.

The name Israel means "one that struggles with God", it was what Jacob's name was changed to after he struggled with God. You don't take a word and try and break it down into artificial parts or find mystical meanings in letters. That's ridiculous.

Yisra'el comes from the words sarah (not the name Sarah) meaning "to prevail" or "to strive" and El meaning God. Thus "struggles with God". The yodh functions as a third person singular prefix, thus "one that struggles with God".

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Noxot :)

You would agree that Yahowah is able to define anything, right?

Well, He said, "my people are called by my name,"
and Christ is a title, meaning The Anointed,
while Israel is a proper name,
meaning, Right Hand Prince of God;
obviously that's Jesus.

what does it mean when God defines a thing?

I'm not sure what you mean by "morality out of their collectivisim," do you mean Democracy? I also think Democracy is wrong. I believe in the Republic, Kings ordained by God, good or bad, to serve or rebuke the people.

"morality out of their collectivism" is contrasted with* "anything less than God is sin". I spit upon kings who think they have God backing them as they crucify Christ and collect a tax over the blind ones who choose a murder over the Christ. "morality out of their collectivism" is the result of being a slave and not being the truth of "if the Son sets you free you are free indeed". "morality out of their collectivism" is to love man more than God, to love something other than God and call it God, to make an idol of it and bend your knee to someone other than the only one who deserves your knee. thus those claiming they follow God bend their knee to the evil spirits who dress themselves up as angels of light... for the duality of the tree of knowledge of good and evil which is the fallen world... was partaken of and the women being such a harlot to her beast that hates her has lost sight of what it is to be a virgin of God.

I prefer the God given name, Israel, and I use the opportunity to explain my beliefs, to share the Gospel; just as your name Noxoitan has opened the opportunity for you to do with me; as you'll see below ;)

What is a Noxoitan?
Also, what do you mean by Microtheos?

no words can define who I am for I am the hidden child of God. microtheos... it is said that God made man in his own image, this is what it means when I say that human beings are a microtheos.

Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
what does it mean when God defines a thing?

When God tells us the meaning of a word, by prefacing it or when God tells us the meaning of a thing by naming it.

ie. Genesis 32:28 - And He said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

I spit upon kings who think they have God backing them as they crucify Christ and collect a tax over the blind ones who choose a murder over the Christ.

2nd Peter 2 - 10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Jude 1 - 8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion and speak evil of dignities. 9 Yet Michael, the Archangel, when contending with the devil, he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

no words can define who I am for I am the hidden child of God.

God is able to define anything. He uses words to teach the greatest Wonder of all, the Gospel of Salvation. He is able to define you with words.

microtheos... it is said that God made man in his own image, this is what it means when I say that human beings are a microtheos.

How can man be a microtheos, when even the Angels are not gods, and we are made lower than them?

Hebrews 2 - 6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels...

Man is made in God's image, but Humans are not little gods. Only Humans who have been adopted, through the Spirit of Jesus, share in His godhood; but apart from Him we are dogs & brut beasts.

Anyway, I got off topic here.
Thanks for your thoughts on if we are Christian or Israel.

Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yisra'el comes from the words sarah (not the name Sarah) meaning "to prevail" or "to strive" and El meaning God. Thus "struggles with God". The yodh functions as a third person singular prefix, thus "one that struggles with God".

In order to derive the word "prevail" from the name, YSRAL, it would have to be spelled, YSRHAL. As prevail comes from the Hebrew word SRH, Sarah, but Prince from the word SR, Sar; in the sense of Chief-Principality.

Also, consider that God Himself defined the meaning of the name when He gave it.

Genesis 32:28 - And He said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

But you have correctly understood that God intended the Man Israel to also carry the the blessing to prevail as well. As that is what God re-named his grandmother.

Genesis 17:15 - And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai, thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

Notice God changed the I to an H, to change her name from "My Princess" to "Prevail" and the reason here, is that after all her long desire for a child, she finally received from God her Heart's Desire. She received her Goal, thus she prevailed :)

Thanks to the Most High, Yahowah,
through my Saviour, Jesus :) Amen

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MightyMax

Nov 3, 2011
✟15,132.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
The name Christian actually was derived as an insult, much like nazarene, and just kind of stuck. The word literally means "little Christ". I am in full understanding of your viewed flaws with much of those who call themselves christian. However, despite the people call themselves christian, yet are defunct of true life in Christ, there are many churches that still exist and proclaim and do great works for King and Kingdom. We know we are flawed humans, that we can't put God into a box tied up with a pretty little bow of pious acts and tagged with some catch all umbrella name. We know our tendency to sin is far too high, and praise the gift of conviction that drives us ever closer to the mercy of God. We know our desire to have things our way, so we embrace the body of Christ that we might prevent ourselves from isolation and wrath. We hold fast to the gospel, and know that all we have to give to God is our brokenness and our fallen lives, and He transforms us and makes us beautiful. While there are many false teachers and false gospels and false churches, it is still impossible to not find the truth of God, when you look for His truth.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
In order to derive the word "prevail" from the name, YSRAL, it would have to be spelled, YSRHAL. As prevail comes from the Hebrew word SRH, Sarah, but Prince from the word SR, Sar; in the sense of Chief-Principality.

Also, consider that God Himself defined the meaning of the name when He gave it.

Genesis 32:28 - And He said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

But you have correctly understood that God intended the Man Israel to also carry the the blessing to prevail as well. As that is what God re-named his grandmother.

Genesis 17:15 - And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai, thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

Notice God changed the I to an H, to change her name from "My Princess" to "Prevail" and the reason here, is that after all her long desire for a child, she finally received from God her Heart's Desire. She received her Goal, thus she prevailed :)

Thanks to the Most High, Yahowah,

through my Saviour, Jesus :) Amen

Hebrew isn't natively written in the Latin alphabet, her name was changed from שׂרי to שׂרה. From a yod to a hah.

If you are going to insist that יִשְׂרָאֵל means "right hand prince of God" you're going to need to demonstrate some level of acumen against the unanimous opinion of Hebrew scholarship and three thousand years of accepted understanding. Do you have anything other than your opinion on the subject? Is there a reason why I should believe you over what everyone else who has ever spoken about the topic has ever said?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The name Christian actually was derived as an insult, much like nazarene, and just kind of stuck. The word literally means "little Christ".

Two things:

1) While it is common to see the statement in Acts as indicating a term of insult or derision, that is by no means a given from the text itself.

2) I regularly hear it said that "Christian" means "little Christ", but the Greek word is Χριστιανός (Christianos) involves the suffix -ιανός appended to Χριστός; thus creating a descriptor, meaning something like "one of [as pertaining or relating to] [the] Christ"; as such every lexicon and dictionary I can find defines it as "follower of Christ". If the term were originally a term of derision it wouldn't have meant "little Christ" for one because what I've already explained and for another because "Christ" would be rather meaningless from a Pagan Greek perspective it would just mean "smeared one" or "oily one"; as such if used as a term of derision it might have meant "oily ones" or "oil people". But again, that it was used as a term of derision, while possible, is not a foregone conclusion.

In any event "Christian" was perfectly accepted language by the writing of 1 Peter, and was in frequent use--even preferred use--by the middle of the 2nd century.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hebrew isn't natively written in the Latin alphabet, her name was changed from שׂרי to שׂרה. From a yod to a hah.

I find it irritating and difficult to believe, that you wrote this to edify me, rather than to insult me. Children know Hebrew & English don't use the same alphabet.

If you cannot carry Jesus' name in Glory, by peacefully discussing with a fellow believer, how can you be of good service to our Master before the unbelievers.

Every time WE fall short, WE shame God's name on us, before evil spirits & the accuser. To whom our Saviour vouches for us. Don't let Him vouch for us in vain; and don't tempt a brother to sin, by your provocation.

A filth covered hobo, dressed up in a tuxedo, is not made glorious by the tuxedo. Instead his filth ruins the glory of the tuxedo. So there is no point in pride; and vengeance belongs to our God.

Instead, leave room for God to take His vengeance, if I do deserve it, but you should forgive any offence you take from me & correct me, to save me from God's vengeance.

If you are going to insist that יִשְׂרָאֵל means "right hand prince of God" you're going to need to demonstrate some level of acumen against the unanimous opinion of Hebrew scholarship and three thousand years of accepted understanding. Do you have anything other than your opinion on the subject? Is there a reason why I should believe you over what everyone else who has ever spoken about the topic has ever said?

My credentials are that I am a believer in the Gospel of Jesus. I have been born of the Holy Spirit and He, Spirit of Truth, is my Teacher. Still, I do not want to be believed because of my credentials; given me freely by Jesus' love.

Our Father & I prefer reasoning,
which is why He said, "come, let us reason together,"
instead of, believe me, because I am God.

So My Reasons Are:

1. The reason God gave in Genesis 32:28 - And He said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

2. The meanings of the names in Genesis 17:15 - And God said unto Abraham, As for Sarai, thy wife, thou shalt not call her name Sarai, but Sarah shall her name be.

Sarai = My Princess
Sarah = Prevail

3. Israel is spelled without an H, so it cannot be from the root SRH, Sarah, but from the root SR, Sar, meaning Prince.

If you don't believe me, that's fine :)
No need to insult :p
Share your reasons ::)

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,044.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
My credentials are that I am a believer in the Gospel of Jesus. I have been born of the Holy Spirit and He, Spirit of Truth, is my Teacher. Still, I do not want to be believed because of my credentials; given me freely by Jesus' love.

So no credentials then.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I've heard that before, but I haven't seen the translation notes.

From the passage and from the root words,
Israel means, Right Hand Prince of God.

"for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed."

Israel is spelled,
Yod Shin Rosh Aleph Lamed,

A King may have several sons, princes & chiefs, etc,
but the Right Hand Prince is like Joseph in Egypt,
second only to the King and indeed the King's Proxy.
Another foreshadow of Jesus :)
Using the letters of Israel as a trendy acronym is NOT the same thing as translating it.

The translation is as I told you: to prevail with God, or wrestle with God. I learned in my Hebrew class. I hope that these sources will help you. I've highlighted where they agree with me. Sorry about the strikethrough text. I don't know what caused it or how to correct it.

Israel is a Biblicalgiven name. The patriarch Jacob was given the name Israel (Hebrew: יִשְׂרָאֵל, StandardYisraʾelTiberianYiśrāʾēl; "Triumphant with God", "who prevails with God"[1]) after he wrestled with an angel
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_(name)

Israel[N][E][H]
The Name and People. Jacob, grandson of Abraham, was named Israel after he hadwrestled with God (Gen32:28 ). This name is a combination of the Hebrew words for "wrestle" and"God" (because sareta [you have wrestled] with God [‘el] andmen you will be called yisrael).
http://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/israel/

Israel
Biblical Meaning:
The name Israel is a Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Israel is:Who prevails with God.
http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/israel

Meaning of the word "Israel"
A. Hebrew word yisra-el
B. Derived from two root words

1. yisra - uncertain meaning
a. Contextual - "to strive, struggle" - Gen. 32:28
b. Etymological - most likely meaning - "to rule"
2. el - means "god" or "God"
http://www.christinyou.net/pages/israel.html

Can someone tell me how to remove the strike through on the text? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2nd Peter 2 - 10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, self-willed, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. 11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Jude 1 - 8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion and speak evil of dignities. 9 Yet Michael, the Archangel, when contending with the devil, he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.

I serve with the angels set over me just as even Jesus himself worked with them since he was both fully man and fully God*, which you can not say that humans in a sinful state are fully human. I do not however bend my knee to evil spirits seeing as the good angels do not do that either neither did Jesus nor the prophets nor the apostles. 'funny' how evil men want to try to use the bible as an authority for their own self will! but the "government" that I have is in heaven as this is where my home is. sadly most humans still consider the fallen world to be their home and so they use the bible as a means of justifying all sorts of evils in both the religions and governments and yet I know that God desires for all men to work in harmony with HIS kingdom which is eternal and everlasting and has always been. and yet it was the Israelites and then later the Christians who then often decided that they wanted an earthly ruler over them.

God is able to define anything. He uses words to teach the greatest Wonder of all, the Gospel of Salvation. He is able to define you with words.

indeed and we humans have a very hard time with constantly defining God which is why definitions are inferior to existing with God in the true humanity and spirit of Jesus Christ. here are some very beautiful verses that go along with what i'm saying and they are good to be all understood as one Word from God:
John 5:17-23 (YLT)
And Jesus answered them, `My Father till now doth work, and I work;' because of this, then, were the Jews seeking the more to kill him, because not only was he breaking the sabbath, but he also called God his own Father, making himself equal to God. Jesus therefore responded and said to them, `Verily, verily, I say to you, The Son is not able to do anything of himself, if he may not see the Father doing anything; for whatever things He may do, these also the Son in like manner doth; for the Father doth love the Son, and doth shew to him all things that He himself doth; and greater works than these He will shew him, that ye may wonder. `For, as the Father doth raise the dead, and doth make alive, so also the Son doth make alive whom he willeth; for neither doth the Father judge any one, but all the judgment He hath given to the Son, that all may honour the Son according as they honour the Father; he who is not honouring the Son, doth not honour the Father who sent him.

John 5:31-47 (YLT)
`If I testify concerning myself, my testimony is not true; another there is who is testifying concerning me, and I have known that the testimony that he doth testify concerning me is true; ye have sent unto John, and he hath testified to the truth. `But I do not receive testimony from man, but these things I say that ye may be saved; he was the burning and shining lamp, and ye did will to be glad, for an hour, in his light. `But I have the testimony greater than John's, for the works that the Father gave me, that I might finish them, the works themselves that I do, they testify concerning me, that the Father hath sent me. `And the Father who sent me Himself hath testified concerning me; ye have neither heard His voice at any time, nor His appearance have ye seen; and His word ye have not remaining in you, because whom He sent, him ye do not believe. `Ye search the Writings, because ye think in them to have life age-during, and these are they that are testifying concerning me; and ye do not will to come unto me, that ye may have life; glory from man I do not receive, but I have known you, that the love of God ye have not in yourselves. `I have come in the name of my Father, and ye do not receive me; if another may come in his own name, him ye will receive; how are ye able--ye--to believe, glory from one another receiving, and the glory that is from God alone ye seek not? `Do not think that I will accuse you unto the Father; there is who is accusing you, Moses--in whom ye have hoped; for if ye were believing Moses, ye would have been believing me, for he wrote concerning me; but if his writings ye believe not, how shall ye believe my sayings?'

John 14:5-17 (YLT)
Thomas saith to him, `Sir, we have not known whither thou goest away, and how are we able to know the way?' Jesus saith to him, `I am the way, and the truth, and the life, no one doth come unto the Father, if not through me; if ye had known me, my Father also ye would have known, and from this time ye have known Him, and have seen Him.' Philip saith to him, `Sir, shew to us the Father, and it is enough for us;' Jesus saith to him, `So long time am I with you, and thou hast not known me, Philip? he who hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how dost thou say, Shew to us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father is in me? the sayings that I speak to you, from myself I speak not, and the Father who is abiding in me, Himself doth the works; believe me, that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; and if not, because of the works themselves, believe me. `Verily, verily, I say to you, he who is believing in me, the works that I do--that one also shall do, and greater than these he shall do, because I go on to my Father; and whatever ye may ask in my name, I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son; if ye ask anything in my name I will do it . `If ye love me, my commands keep, and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you--to the age; the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be in you.

How can man be a microtheos, when even the Angels are not gods, and we are made lower than them?

Hebrews 2 - 6 But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the son of man, that thou visitest him? 7 Thou madest him a little lower than the angels...

Man is made in God's image, but Humans are not little gods. Only Humans who have been adopted, through the Spirit of Jesus, share in His godhood; but apart from Him we are dogs & brut beasts.

Anyway, I got off topic here.
Thanks for your thoughts on if we are Christian or Israel.

yes the difference between fallen man and the perfect and true humanity that Jesus Christ gave to the world is the difference between heaven and earth. but all men are Gods son, it is just that the irrational and limited revelation that humans had of God make them act like a beast since they often want to function in their base nature of animal passions or allow some other kind of harlot perception of their soul to go in the direction that it will lead them ( into a pit and even this is not without Gods grace ). which is why the Lord loves his virgin mary so much for she is the example of submission to God in a pleasing way to him and she was the one that, though she was a virgin, gave birth to the Son of God. it is a pattern for our own self to repeat. but the fallen world is being transformed by God and that which will endure the fires of heaven shall be what the earth is in eternity.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ron4shua

" ... each in our own order " , Hallelu-YAH .
Aug 3, 2014
Sacramento valley
Visit site
✟12,507.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SpiritRehab said:

Noxot said
indeed and we humans have a very hard time with constantly defining God which is why definitions are inferior to existing with God in the true humanity and spirit of Jesus Christ. here are some very beautiful verses that go along with what I'm saying and they are good to be all understood as one Word from God:

Professing followers of The Hebrew Deity , Christians are handicapped in not being privy to The , oral Torah . The 45 /55 % of Scripture not in Writ . We will never see .
Words like Love which Scripture expounds is our Deity .
Truth , Faith , Justice , Forgiveness , Revelation are just some of the words we as believers use daily , theses are all Abstract words .
Is it prudent to strain to interpret the words of translated versions of Scripture verses Literally without thinking about there meaning in abstract thinking ?
Our Master taught the general populous in Hebrew idioms , abstractions and no other way .
Hebrew names for Elohim ;
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Elohim/elohim.html

Hallelu-YAH .

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Professing followers of The Hebrew Deity , Christians are handicapped in not being privy to The , oral Torah . The 45 /55 % of Scripture not in Writ . We will never see .
Words like Love which Scripture expounds is our Deity .
Truth , Faith , Justice , Forgiveness , Revelation are just some of the words we as believers use daily , theses are all Abstract words .
Is it prudent to strain to interpret the words of translated versions of Scripture verses Literally without thinking about there meaning in abstract thinking ?
Our Master taught the general populous in Hebrew idioms , abstractions and no other way .
Hebrew names for Elohim ;
http://www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/Elohim/elohim.html

Hallelu-YAH .

God has overflowingly blessed all of us with his graces which have no being or end for he has given to us his Spirit which is something infinitely greater than the tiny pin prick of our visible universe. i am not denying the past blessings of God but rather am only pointing out that "all souls belong to God" and "there is no shadow of turning in God" as the prophet john said:

Matt 3:7-12 (YLT)
And having seen many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming about his baptism, he said to them, `Brood of vipers! who did shew you to flee from the coming wrath? bear, therefore, fruits worthy of the reformation, and do not think to say in yourselves, A father we have--Abraham, for I say to you, that God is able out of these stones to raise children to Abraham, and now also, the axe unto the root of the trees is laid, every tree therefore not bearing good fruit is hewn down, and to fire is cast. `I indeed do baptize you with water to reformation, but he who after me is coming is mightier than I, of whom I am not worthy to bear the sandals, he shall baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire, whose fan is in his hand, and he will thoroughly cleanse his floor, and will gather his wheat to the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.'

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritRehab

Dec 12, 2013
✟11,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

So no credentials then.

1st Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him. Neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0