are these games not meant too be played by Christains ?

Acebopata

The red wasp of the salted
Jan 11, 2012
The land of mass construction.
✟7,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'd suggest to all games using witch-craft or a from of it, and from games that have excess violence. That doesn't mean a game has to have zero violence, but a game that has excess cussing, unnecessary muder, and any from of exposed sexual acts (IE, inappropriate contentogerphy of any kind), Avoid it!

Of course, that's what I'd suggest.

Upvote 0

Yodeling Ice Maelstrom

Here by the grace of God
Oct 31, 2012
✟7,626.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
First and foremost is the matter of where the mind is. If God isn't the first thing one is seeking, then whatever obstruction is in the way needs to be cleared out.

Now, my view on this matter, as an avid gamer, is that video games provide a means to vicariously do things you could or would not do in reality. Violence in video games is fine; violence in reality is terrible.

I loved the Gears of War series. An alien race tries to destroy mankind, and only a few veteran soldiers are left to fight off hordes of the Locust race. This doesn't mean I'd destroy an aggressive alien with a chainsaw in reality; this means that, while playing as Marcus Fenix, I do what needs to be done to survive and protect humanity.

Next, about magic. I write fantasy pieces, so I've got my views on the subject. I don't like games or works that represent real magic, things like necromancy or invoking demonic power. What I perceive as acceptable magic is this: A force of physics not understood scientifically by the inhabitants of a fictional world, which is thus known as magic. This magic energy greatly enhances the sheer variety of possible events in a story, from things like the vial of healing fluid in the Chronicles of Narnia, to the amazing game Legend of the Dragoons, in which you simply can't defeat the escaped Grand Dragon without magic artifacts designed to weaken it.

Upvote 0

Thunder Peel

You don't eat a peacock until it's cooked.
Aug 17, 2008
Missouri
✟40,869.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Everyone has different convictions and ultimately it's up to you and God as to what's acceptable. I've been a big fan of video games ever since I was a child; I find them quite enjoyable just as a hobby and something to play when I have some time to kill.

Some of the games I like are pretty innocent and fun, while others have some violence and more adult content (though nothing too graphic or vulgar. I have a certain limit to what I'll tolerate). If you keep God first and understand what you're playing then I don't think it's a big issue. However, if you're feeling convicted about certain games then it's best to avoid them and pray about what God would have you do. He knows best and everyone has their own convictions. Some Christians won't listen to secular music, some don't drink, and others are more particular about what movies they'll watch. None of those decisions are better or worse than the others. It depends on your walk with Christ and what will help you grow closer to Him. :)

Reactions: Adamlash314
Upvote 0