jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
@jerrykelso post #159 ... excellent summary / insights.

Who was the immediate audience in the Abrahamic Covenant?
Who was / is the audience since the Cross?

It is only because of the Cross that we who are known as “Christian” exist today.
Was the Cross an afterthought with God? No. Before the beginning of space and time our Creator knew precisely what He would do in every circumstance and situation. God is / was never left out of any aspect of creation and human existence.

Did the Apostles die as Christians, or as Hebrews anticipating their Messiah? Did they “switch” from acknowledging Jesus as the Jewish Messiah to confessing Him as Savior for everyone, as in Romans 10:8-13?

The Apostles and Hebrew folk clearly did not understand the enormity of Jesus’ statements in these references: Matthew 16:21, Mark 8:31, Mark 12:1-12, Luke 9:22, Luke 13:32-33, Luke 24:13-35, John 20:24-29. They didn’t have a clue about His crucifixion, death, burial and ressurection. They traveled with Him for 3 years without once recognizing Him as Savior for everyone, Jew and Gentile, John 12:34, and then He was dead, and they fled. The Kingdom of God on earth that He foretold didn’t happen in their lifetime. How disappointed could they have been? Beyond measure!
A similar exclamation to that of John the Baptist must have been repeated over and over and over....... “Art Thou He, or do we look for another?”

They had no concept whatsoever that Jesus, their Messiah, came with a mission: Redemption, prior to the Cross, for the Hebrew folk as a people group, a nation, in accordance with the Covenant of Abraham, and salvation for each Jew and each Gentile after the Cross, with each individual confession of Jesus as Savior.

Rather than “Art Thou He?” the proclamation then and now is “I’ve just seen Jesus, and I’ll never be the same.”

winken,

1. Good job! Gradual revelation is needed to understand how the plan of God unfolded. God is never caught off guard and the jews missed the suffering savior and were looking only for the conquering king according to their covenants. God will not rule without man having a holy heart. They were the elect of God's but they were backslidden in the law according to the laws of blessings and cursing system as well as salvation in Christ for forgiveness of sins. Repent for the KoH is at hand; Matthew 4:17.
God was to save the whole world and the prophecies were that Israel would reject him. This happened John 3:16; Matthew 23:37-39.

2. The church began at the Day of Pentecost but wasn't fully understood and manifested until 8-10 years later concerning the mystery of the church Acts 10 and Ephesians 2 and 3.

3. The apostles were still trying to sift through everything that happened in Jesus ministry and what he through the Holy Spirit gave commandments and then to sift through the KoH and the KoG message and if that would come about even though Christ said it wasn't for them to know. They also had to deal with the judaizers and the law mentality etc. God knows his plan but doesn't always reveals everything at one time and men are not always perceptive to things happening perfectly because we are not perfect in our knowledge. God bless his wisdom and grace for all men and his children. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
corinth77777,

Sorry for the late reply as I have been out of town and hadn't realized you responded.

1. The Kingdom that comes with no observation is the kingdom with in. This kingdom was the Kingdom of God in its spiritual context concerning salvation.
Salvation has always been about a sacrifice starting with the Messianic prophecy of Genesis 3:15: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. This resulted in the cross where salvation became the result.

2. Luke 17:20; the pharisees were asking about when the physical kingdom of God should come. The physical Kingdom of God is the universal kingdom. The physical reign on earth is called the Kingdom of Heaven in Matthew. The earthly sphere is a small part of the universal kingdom and in this respect they are basically the same. Also, the Kingdom of Heaven will be united with the holy city the new jerusalem and the new heaven and the new earth after the GWTJ the KoH will be given back to the Father from the son to be the KoG all in all for earthly KoH will be in complete harmony with the universal Kingdom of God.

3. The jews were backslidden in the covenant of law under the KoH and the KoG message. Obedience to repentance was the theme of this KoH message (Matthew 4:17). There would be no physical kingdom reign unless they had a holy heart and repented. This is what the Sermon on the Mount was all about for the jews. Blessed are they that mourn(repent) for they shall be comforted. Hungering and thirsting, being meek, pure in heart and peacemakers would be the blessing for obedience and for the nation of Israel to be at the head of the nations (Isaiah 2:2-4).

4. This is why Christ said, the KoG spiritual aspect of repentance would come with no observation or to be visible physically because it comes in obedience in the heart which would result the outward manifestation of the witness to the world as the salt and light of the world. This is the historical context of the KoH and the KoG message to the jews, only for the jews Matthew 10:6-7. Matthew 6:33 says seek ye first the KoG and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. They were never told to seek the KoH to receive salvation.

5. Concerning the jews living the law after Jesus died. The answer is that they were to have the law forever. However, it would be under the guise of the new covenant for it was not to be like the law of Moses when he brought them out of Egypt. Why? There culture was wrapped up in the types and shadows and the whole law and was their whole identity because they were given the oracles of God and brought the Messiah to the world.

6. Today, the new covenant has not yet been made with the nation of Israel so they can fulfill their covenants about the land in Genesis 15 and the Kingdom as in Isaiah 2:2-4 and 9:6-7. These are the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants.

7. Today, the jew and gentile are in one body alike and the jew can still be a jew culturally but they cannot live the law under the old ethic of the weakness of the commandment that made them live to the frailty of man from self effort. They have the better promises of the new covenant. Doing mitzvahs and training their children about the word with the jewish methods etc. and celebrating the jewish feast which were eternal from the beginning are fine. Even if a gentile were to keep a dietary law like not eating pork because it is not good for one physically is fine.

8. Paul used the law to win jews not to get them to live the old ethic which would cost the struggle and make the person fall into sin.

9. The jews cannot keep the law of moses because it is the old covenant and the new covenant replaced it. Hebrews 8:6-7.

10. The jews believe that the law was not abolished but only the self righteous works or just the sacrificial law etc. or something to that effect.

11. I believe the law of Moses was one whole unit and ethic for a specific time till the seed should come. It has to be understood from the whole of what it was, why it was, the time factor, how it made them respond and why the Lord had to fulfill it during his earthly ministry and why he satisfied the law and why it had to be abolished after it was satisfied. They cannot even keep it perfectly if they tried because there is no temple.

12. They are still blinded in the reading of the old testament to this day.

13. It is not about being lawless for law was before the Mosaic law just like there was grace and love. However, one has to understand the correct statements in the correct context and put them together to reconcile them properly understand and comprehend and rightly divide the word. Let me know if this helps and if you want to know more details or want to interject something. Food for thought. Jerry kelso

I forgot my question...lol...so the kingdom within....or another may say in the mist? Idk..is a holy heart? Or accepting him as king. So they needed to have a heart of repentance from what?

I see the kingdom as having heaven on earth now....accepting the one from heaven as Lord and savior. But hard for me to understand ...how they would be any diff from us...who still repent from trusting in ourselves to trusting in God. It seem Jesus capable of forgiving sins even before he died on the cross....yet we know he had to go to the cross.....So how is it he was going to set up this kingdom...if he didn't die? Was he going to die first...I'm talking bout something I heard u say in the past..if the Jews had all accepted him he would have set up his kingdom...then that would have left the Gentiles out right?.So that sets up questions...as he said my kingdom is not from heat, if it were my "
people would fight for me."...1. What does that mean...considering we r throwing the word spiritual around. 2. How many kingdoms does he have. 3. Jesus didn't know what God knew? Or God knew that the Jews would not accept..thereby brings the people that never seem to have a chance to provoke the Jews to accept him...but then that leaves out the ELECT. Is it that now they all have to come by faith through the cross...or before the cross just believe who he was as I think you said earlier readings? For in Romans he said he had a set of ELECT..set aside.....so then how does this order work. Hope u understand all my confusion? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I don't know all the scripture on prophesy...so I knoa I won't be accurate in my understanding, However..the way I think I am suppose to see it So far..there will be a time....when Jews......whoever they are..for I don't know what a Jew looks like today ..will accept Jesus and it will be through faith in his death burial and resurrection....and some how some covenant he has with them establishes a kingdom on earth with them..but this is not the final kingdom I suppose...and this then is the kingdom whera??? And what happens next....???

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I forgot my question...lol...so the kingdom within....or another may say in the mist? Idk..is a holy heart? Or accepting him as king. So they needed to have a heart of repentance from what?

I see the kingdom as having heaven on earth now....accepting the one from heaven as Lord and savior. But hard for me to understand ...how they would be any diff from us...who still repent from trusting in ourselves to trusting in God. It seem Jesus capable of forgiving sins even before he died on the cross....yet we know he had to go to the cross.....So how is it he was going to set up this kingdom...if he didn't die? Was he going to die first...I'm talking bout something I heard u say in the past..if the Jews had all accepted him he would have set up his kingdom...then that would have left the Gentiles out right?.So that sets up questions...as he said my kingdom is not from heat, if it were my "
people would fight for me."...1. What does that mean...considering we r throwing the word spiritual around. 2. How many kingdoms does he have. 3. Jesus didn't know what God knew? Or God knew that the Jews would not accept..thereby brings the people that never seem to have a chance to provoke the Jews to accept him...but then that leaves out the ELECT. Is it that now they all have to come by faith through the cross...or before the cross just believe who he was as I think you said earlier readings? For in Romans he said he had a set of ELECT..set aside.....so then how does this order work. Hope u understand all my confusion? :)

corinth77777,

1. I understand your confusion as I have been there before and it took a while to sift out what my understanding was before that brought forth of the same questions.

2. In the light of the Abrahamic covenant Israel the nation would be born. Abraham was a gentile from Ur of the Chaldees. In the line of Abraham in Matthew 1 you can see the gentiles like Ruth. This is a shadow of the gentiles and jews both would be saved.

3. The gentiles had to be grafted in because the covenant was with Israel in a theocracy with God personally manifesting himself in different ways. It was a specific covenant with a specific nation for a specific time to bring forth the Messiah who would bring redemption. This Messianic prophecy started in Genesis 3 after Adam and Eve sinned; Genesis 3:15. This prophecy would be shown through shadows and types through this whole period of Israel and the Mosaic law.

4. The law and prophets prophesied until John Matthew 13:11 is because the reality had come who was Jesus. This was not a time factor even though many dispensationalists say it is because of Galatians 3:19 the law was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise would come.
Redemption and salvation was always about the sacrifice and the death, burial and resurrection. In the old testament it was prophesied and shown through types and shadows. In Jesus day as the reality he taught believing in him directly that he was Messiah of which John baptize him to manifest him to Israel John 1:31 and fulfill the covenants about the land for Israel Genesis 12-15; Matthew 5:5 and the Kingdom reign under the Davidic covenant Isaiah 9:6-7.

5. KoH in the physical aspect is the earthly sphere Daniel 7:27 that is a small part of the physical universal Kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 15:28 talks about the son giving back the KoG so God will be all in all. This shows the KoG as the universal kingdom that the KoH earthly kingdom is out of harmony with and will be brought back into harmony with the universal kingdom. The spiritual aspect is about spiritual things contained in the physical KoH. The spiritual aspect of the KoG was about salvation through forgiveness because God will not rule with man without a holy heart, saved and sanctified and full of the Holy Ghost.
Having the kingdom of God on earth is what we have now that is the spiritual aspect of being born again and that is peace, joy and love in the Holy Ghost.

6. Matthew 4:17: Repent for the KoH is at hand. The children of Israel were backslidden and out of covenant with God. The church is not to be backslidden from God. Israel had to come back into covenant to be saved by repentance Matthew 5:4. Mourn means to repent. They had to be meek to inherit the physical kingdom reign as head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4. Pure in heart to see God etc. They had to be saved to be eligible for entrance into the physical kingdom reign and to be in covenant and to be blessed for they were under a specific blessing and cursing system under the Mosaic law.

7. The rejected the KoH and the KoG message Matthew 23:37-39. Redemption was always about the sacrifice and the death, burial, and resurrection but was not fully understood through the types and shadow in the old testament or the patriarch period or the transition period of Christ who was the reality but under the Mosaic law and this is why he didn't teach specifically and directly for the jew to be saved through his death and resurrection. After they rejected him John 6:53-70 and Matthew 16-21-23 show they didn't have a clue what the death and resurrection was all about, including the disciples and Peter especially. After the rejection he started revealing more and even after the resurrection he had to open their understanding plainer of the significance of his death and resurrection and that was the basis of people being saved and not the sign of circumcision.

8. The KoH offer was valid because it was according to the covenants and their obedience to the covenant and this is why their covenant is unconditional and yet conditioned by obedience of the people unified. Romans 11:29.

9. If they would have obeyed is really neither here or there because it was prophesied they would reject him. Jesus knew this despite offering them the kingdom. They missed the fact that his primary goal was in Isaiah 53 about the suffering Savior and not the conquering King. Their generation will learn this in the tribulation and be seek the Savior who they pierced Revelation 1:7 and receive him and he will receive them and become the conquering King.

10. The kingdom would have come if they would have obeyed but Christ would have still had to die because the jews though fully saved as far as passing their probationary period would have not been perfect. The jews had to be perfected because only Christ could perfect for the blood of bulls and goats would not save. Hebrews 11:40 shows that they had to be perfected with us who would be after the cross. We are perfected today in our salvation because Christ has already died and arose.

11. Christ kingdom was not of this world because it was not time for the earthly KoH reign to begin and because the jews rejected him and Christ had to die and arise from the dead.
KoH, KoG physical and spiritual.

12. God has always had an elect and he did in Paul's day and these elect jews have continued and regenerated with the race and in the tribulation they will come of age to fulfill their covenants of Abraham and David.

13. A jew could only have faith by being led by the schoolmaster the law Paul taught in Galatians and quoted Habbakuk the just shall live by faith despite the law not being of faith. In Jesus day they were to have faith in the Messiah and the revelation they were given.
I hope this helps, I am kind of in a rush so I had to go a million miles a minute but God bless. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
corinth77777,

1. I understand your confusion as I have been there before and it took a while to sift out what my understanding was before that brought forth of the same questions.

2. In the light of the Abrahamic covenant Israel the nation would be born. Abraham was a gentile from Ur of the Chaldees. In the line of Abraham in Matthew 1 you can see the gentiles like Ruth. This is a shadow of the gentiles and jews both would be saved.

3. The gentiles had to be grafted in because the covenant was with Israel in a theocracy with God personally manifesting himself in different ways. It was a specific covenant with a specific nation for a specific time to bring forth the Messiah who would bring redemption. This Messianic prophecy started in Genesis 3 after Adam and Eve sinned; Genesis 3:15. This prophecy would be shown through shadows and types through this whole period of Israel and the Mosaic law.

4. The law and prophets prophesied until John Matthew 13:11 is because the reality had come who was Jesus. This was not a time factor even though many dispensationalists say it is because of Galatians 3:19 the law was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise would come.
Redemption and salvation was always about the sacrifice and the death, burial and resurrection. In the old testament it was prophesied and shown through types and shadows. In Jesus day as the reality he taught believing in him directly that he was Messiah of which John baptize him to manifest him to Israel John 1:31 and fulfill the covenants about the land for Israel Genesis 12-15; Matthew 5:5 and the Kingdom reign under the Davidic covenant Isaiah 9:6-7.

5. KoH in the physical aspect is the earthly sphere Daniel 7:27 that is a small part of the physical universal Kingdom of God. 1 Corinthians 15:28 talks about the son giving back the KoG so God will be all in all. This shows the KoG as the universal kingdom that the KoH earthly kingdom is out of harmony with and will be brought back into harmony with the universal kingdom. The spiritual aspect is about spiritual things contained in the physical KoH. The spiritual aspect of the KoG was about salvation through forgiveness because God will not rule with man without a holy heart, saved and sanctified and full of the Holy Ghost.
Having the kingdom of God on earth is what we have now that is the spiritual aspect of being born again and that is peace, joy and love in the Holy Ghost.

6. Matthew 4:17: Repent for the KoH is at hand. The children of Israel were backslidden and out of covenant with God. The church is not to be backslidden from God. Israel had to come back into covenant to be saved by repentance Matthew 5:4. Mourn means to repent. They had to be meek to inherit the physical kingdom reign as head of the nations Isaiah 2:2-4. Pure in heart to see God etc. They had to be saved to be eligible for entrance into the physical kingdom reign and to be in covenant and to be blessed for they were under a specific blessing and cursing system under the Mosaic law.

7. The rejected the KoH and the KoG message Matthew 23:37-39. Redemption was always about the sacrifice and the death, burial, and resurrection but was not fully understood through the types and shadow in the old testament or the patriarch period or the transition period of Christ who was the reality but under the Mosaic law and this is why he didn't teach specifically and directly for the jew to be saved through his death and resurrection. After they rejected him John 6:53-70 and Matthew 16-21-23 show they didn't have a clue what the death and resurrection was all about, including the disciples and Peter especially. After the rejection he started revealing more and even after the resurrection he had to open their understanding plainer of the significance of his death and resurrection and that was the basis of people being saved and not the sign of circumcision.

8. The KoH offer was valid because it was according to the covenants and their obedience to the covenant and this is why their covenant is unconditional and yet conditioned by obedience of the people unified. Romans 11:29.

9. If they would have obeyed is really neither here or there because it was prophesied they would reject him. Jesus knew this despite offering them the kingdom. They missed the fact that his primary goal was in Isaiah 53 about the suffering Savior and not the conquering King. Their generation will learn this in the tribulation and be seek the Savior who they pierced Revelation 1:7 and receive him and he will receive them and become the conquering King.

10. The kingdom would have come if they would have obeyed but Christ would have still had to die because the jews though fully saved as far as passing their probationary period would have not been perfect. The jews had to be perfected because only Christ could perfect for the blood of bulls and goats would not save. Hebrews 11:40 shows that they had to be perfected with us who would be after the cross. We are perfected today in our salvation because Christ has already died and arose.

11. Christ kingdom was not of this world because it was not time for the earthly KoH reign to begin and because the jews rejected him and Christ had to die and arise from the dead.
KoH, KoG physical and spiritual.

12. God has always had an elect and he did in Paul's day and these elect jews have continued and regenerated with the race and in the tribulation they will come of age to fulfill their covenants of Abraham and David.

13. A jew could only have faith by being led by the schoolmaster the law Paul taught in Galatians and quoted Habbakuk the just shall live by faith despite the law not being of faith. In Jesus day they were to have faith in the Messiah and the revelation they were given.
I hope this helps, I am kind of in a rush so I had to go a million miles a minute but God bless. Jerry kelso
Ok...so..I guess.......then....I agree..so then the only question...That I really should have had was......the tribulation period is when all this will take place? meaning the covenant promise being fulfilled with Israel is during this time?

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Ok...so..I guess.......then....I agree..so then the only question...That I really should have had was......the tribulation period is when all this will take place? meaning the covenant promise being fulfilled with Israel is during this time?

corinth77777,

1. The covenant promise of Israel and the land according to Abraham and the kingdom reign on earth according to David are eternal. Genesis 12-15. The nation would be blessed and the families of the earth would flow out of Israel for Israel will be at the head of the nations on earth and not the believers in the church age. Isaiah 2:2-4; Isaiah 9:6-7

2. The final regathering of Israel in Ezekiel 36 and 37 will not be until the end of the tribulation when they will have gone through Jacob's trouble which is jewish in nature and not the church.
At the end of the tribulation when Israel is in serious trouble of their national light being snuffed out God will come back and rescue them at the battle of Armageddon and make them the head of the nations in one day. Isaiah 66:7-8. Then Joel's prophecy that Peter quoted as something similar happening on the Day of Pentecost will actually happen. Joel's prophecy was not a fulfillment on the Day of Pentecost for there had to be a restoration of the land and the kingdom reign beginning and that didn't happen on the Day of Pentecost concerning the nation of Israel.

3. The partial regathering to Israel is based on Isaiah 66:7-8; Ezekiel 36:24 according to the school of thought of Dispensationalism.

4. It is that the jews were to be regathered to Israel unconverted and out of covenant and this is true for they are not in covenant today and the church age is still making them jealous for God as Paul taught in Romans 9-11.

5. Some argue that this is not true of the timing of 1948 but I would not doubt it completely. The reason being is that it leads to the nation's salvation by repentance when they look upon the one whom they pierced Revelation 1:7.

6. They will become the head of the nations in one day, but in 1948 this didn't happen. At the same time Israel's nation will not be completely overtaken in the tribulation for the outer court will be given to the gentiles and the gentiles will have a coalition from the Antichrist Armies and the whole world he assembles to come to Armageddon for the final showdown in Revelation 16 under the 7th vial.

7. If Israel's nation is totally taken over in the middle of the tribulation, then Armageddon would be not a war but an invasion. Of course Christ will make the war and win the war by surprise attack from heaven with the heavenly saints and angels etc.

8. If anything, 1948 does show that God has not forgotten about his eternal covenant that is without repentance with the Nation of Israel.

9. Incidentally, the man child in Isaiah 66:7 was believed to be Christ but this is too general even though I dont' mind it as a historical context but not as a fulfillment of Revelation 12.

10. Also, the man child is said to be the jews in 1948 because they were a nation born in one day. Historically, this actually happened. Again, I don't mind the historical context but the final context would seem to be more in line with the 144,000 jews in Revelation 7 as being the man child because it is in the future context of the 10 horns time factor. The devil will be mad at this happening of their rapture because he knows his time is almost over Revelation 12:12-13. This is why he pursues the woman who is preserved in the wilderness and the scattered saved remnant will come through the fire according to Zechariah 13:9. Then Zion will travail for her children and the nation will come forth out of the ashes at the appointed time Covenant promises for Israel fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant and the Davidic covenant as the head of the nations is at the end of the tribulation when Christ and the saints come from Heaven at the battle of the Armageddon and the Kingdom of Heave Reign on earth will be set up. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In the end..like Dallas may have said it....The gospel is Jesus....and if one puts their trust in him they will also find forgivesness of sin......

So how does one still explain the fact that there is one Gospel when we see two mentioned? Is it safe to say...that progressive revelations allows us to find that forgivess of sin is in Jesus?...the same man that came to his own but received him not, now was given the power to save whosoever will.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
corinth77777,

1. The covenant promise of Israel and the land according to Abraham and the kingdom reign on earth according to David are eternal. Genesis 12-15. The nation would be blessed and the families of the earth would flow out of Israel for Israel will be at the head of the nations on earth and not the believers in the church age. Isaiah 2:2-4; Isaiah 9:6-7

2. The final regathering of Israel in Ezekiel 36 and 37 will not be until the end of the tribulation when they will have gone through Jacob's trouble which is jewish in nature and not the church.
At the end of the tribulation when Israel is in serious trouble of their national light being snuffed out God will come back and rescue them at the battle of Armageddon and make them the head of the nations in one day. Isaiah 66:7-8. Then Joel's prophecy that Peter quoted as something similar happening on the Day of Pentecost will actually happen. Joel's prophecy was not a fulfillment on the Day of Pentecost for there had to be a restoration of the land and the kingdom reign beginning and that didn't happen on the Day of Pentecost concerning the nation of Israel.

3. The partial regathering to Israel is based on Isaiah 66:7-8; Ezekiel 36:24 according to the school of thought of Dispensationalism.

4. It is that the jews were to be regathered to Israel unconverted and out of covenant and this is true for they are not in covenant today and the church age is still making them jealous for God as Paul taught in Romans 9-11.

5. Some argue that this is not true of the timing of 1948 but I would not doubt it completely. The reason being is that it leads to the nation's salvation by repentance when they look upon the one whom they pierced Revelation 1:7.

6. They will become the head of the nations in one day, but in 1948 this didn't happen. At the same time Israel's nation will not be completely overtaken in the tribulation for the outer court will be given to the gentiles and the gentiles will have a coalition from the Antichrist Armies and the whole world he assembles to come to Armageddon for the final showdown in Revelation 16 under the 7th vial.

7. If Israel's nation is totally taken over in the middle of the tribulation, then Armageddon would be not a war but an invasion. Of course Christ will make the war and win the war by surprise attack from heaven with the heavenly saints and angels etc.

8. If anything, 1948 does show that God has not forgotten about his eternal covenant that is without repentance with the Nation of Israel.

9. Incidentally, the man child in Isaiah 66:7 was believed to be Christ but this is too general even though I dont' mind it as a historical context but not as a fulfillment of Revelation 12.

10. Also, the man child is said to be the jews in 1948 because they were a nation born in one day. Historically, this actually happened. Again, I don't mind the historical context but the final context would seem to be more in line with the 144,000 jews in Revelation 7 as being the man child because it is in the future context of the 10 horns time factor. The devil will be mad at this happening of their rapture because he knows his time is almost over Revelation 12:12-13. This is why he pursues the woman who is preserved in the wilderness and the scattered saved remnant will come through the fire according to Zechariah 13:9. Then Zion will travail for her children and the nation will come forth out of the ashes at the appointed time Covenant promises for Israel fulfilling the Abrahamic covenant and the Davidic covenant as the head of the nations is at the end of the tribulation when Christ and the saints come from Heaven at the battle of the Armageddon and the Kingdom of Heave Reign on earth will be set up. Jerry kelso
So was the answer yes, but at the end of the tribulation?

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
In the end..like Dallas may have said it....The gospel is Jesus....and if one puts their trust in him they will also find forgivesness of sin......

So how does one still explain the fact that there is one Gospel when we see two mentioned? Is it safe to say...that progressive revelations allows us to find that forgivess of sin is in Jesus?...the same man that came to his own but received him not, now was given the power to save whosoever will.

cointh77777,
The gospel is Jesus but before the law in the antediluvian age didn't know Jesus for he was not Jesus in that day. They knew God for he made himself through nature and in some instances have been said as real manifestations. That is another subject.
There is an argument that the people under the law they were not really born again in the fullest sense as we after cross. This is true in one sense that they had to perform the commandments even though salvation was by grace and not of works because if you sinned in one part of the law you sinned in all the law. The jews were not perfected until Calvary and being born again in this perfection was prophesied in John 3 when Christ was talking to Nicodemus. Born of water was the type of the Red Sea deliverance and the second deliverance would be the reality of the Spirit deliverance at Calvary.
Being perfected does not mean that before the cross under the law of Moses they were not in right standing before the Lord otherwise none could have been in the hall of faith. It just means that the final and true sacrifice had to die and rise again to be complete the process of redemption. If Christ had not died no one would have been saved or could have been saved.
One gospel was the redemptive plan of God concerning Jesus to come and salvation of the world and he was slain from the foundation of the world. The plan was already finished before the creation, the plan was implemented at creation with Adam and Even and has been unfolding a little at a time through gradual revelation which was different as rule of life to obey.
Jesus forgiveness of sin was not perfecting as being complete in the process.
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. If they were complete in their salvation Christ would not have had to die for their transgressions so they would receive the promise of eternal inheritance. The old testament saints didn't have the full revelation like we do and they had to wait for Christ death to be able to receive the completeness and the eternal inheritance.
If they were complete in the old testament and it is just about believing in Christ then Christ would have not have had to die for they were complete before his death. One has to understand order in God's plan and why it is important. Are you telling me you cannot understand this? Let me know. Jerry Kelso

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So was the answer yes, but at the end of the tribulation?

corinth7777,
I said yes for the completeness of their covenants concerning the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants and becoming the head of the nations in their earthly calling. Genesis 12-15; Isaiah 9:6-7, Isaiah 2:2-4. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

bibledoctrine

Saint Son of my Father
Jul 30, 2011
www.abbafather.co
✟16,459.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The following website contains various articles from the Mid-Acts Perspective.

One of them, "Are There Really Two Gospels?," has yet to be disproven.

Biblical Advanced Basics - Doctrinal Topics

Paul was commissioned directly by Christ Jesus as the apostle to preach Gods grace to all saints, sons, ambassadors, pastor teachers for the mystery of the grace of God & Christ for the heavenly inheritance & blessings for the Body of Christ members which only started after the cross & after Christ revealed this truth to Paul.

Peter was commission by Jesus the Messiah to Israel to preach the gospel of the earthly kingdom for the promises made throughout the Old Testament scriptures for Israel salvation & earthly blessings in the earth.

Clearly different gospel programs and destiny.

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Paul was commissioned directly by Christ Jesus as the apostle to preach Gods grace to all saints, sons, ambassadors, pastor teachers for the mystery of the grace of God & Christ for the heavenly inheritance & blessings for the Body of Christ members which only started after the cross & after Christ revealed this truth to Paul.

Peter was commission by Jesus the Messiah to Israel to preach the gospel of the earthly kingdom for the promises made throughout the Old Testament scriptures for Israel salvation & earthly blessings in the earth.

Clearly different gospel programs and destiny.
I dont understand...does that mean peter did not preach the death burial and resurrection to the Jews?..and what did he preach about the gospel of the kingdom to the jews if it was not Jesus ?

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
corinth7777,
I said yes for the completeness of their covenants concerning the Abrahamic and Davidic covenants and becoming the head of the nations in their earthly calling. Genesis 12-15; Isaiah 9:6-7, Isaiah 2:2-4. Jerry Kelso
Lol I had to ask because you discuss things as I know what you talking about...like u wrote an article and I dont understand those events...you said the kingdom promised was an eternal kingdom right....what does that mean? Eternal on this earth after the end of all things? Meaning forever and ever a kingdom on earth? ..

Upvote 0

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
cointh77777,
The gospel is Jesus but before the law in the antediluvian age didn't know Jesus for he was not Jesus in that day. They knew God for he made himself through nature and in some instances have been said as real manifestations. That is another subject.
There is an argument that the people under the law they were not really born again in the fullest sense as we after cross. This is true in one sense that they had to perform the commandments even though salvation was by grace and not of works because if you sinned in one part of the law you sinned in all the law. The jews were not perfected until Calvary and being born again in this perfection was prophesied in John 3 when Christ was talking to Nicodemus. Born of water was the type of the Red Sea deliverance and the second deliverance would be the reality of the Spirit deliverance at Calvary.
Being perfected does not mean that before the cross under the law of Moses they were not in right standing before the Lord otherwise none could have been in the hall of faith. It just means that the final and true sacrifice had to die and rise again to be complete the process of redemption. If Christ had not died no one would have been saved or could have been saved.
One gospel was the redemptive plan of God concerning Jesus to come and salvation of the world and he was slain from the foundation of the world. The plan was already finished before the creation, the plan was implemented at creation with Adam and Even and has been unfolding a little at a time through gradual revelation which was different as rule of life to obey.
Jesus forgiveness of sin was not perfecting as being complete in the process.
Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. If they were complete in their salvation Christ would not have had to die for their transgressions so they would receive the promise of eternal inheritance. The old testament saints didn't have the full revelation like we do and they had to wait for Christ death to be able to receive the completeness and the eternal inheritance.
If they were complete in the old testament and it is just about believing in Christ then Christ would have not have had to die for they were complete before his death. One has to understand order in God's plan and why it is important. Are you telling me you cannot understand this? Let me know. Jerry Kelso
I get this....one gospel that unfolded...from symbols to reality..in my opinion

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

corinth77777

learner
Nov 15, 2013
✟99,135.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
corinth77777,

You said a lot of things...i dont understand so I can only start with number 1...on your list of points...and that is if this is the promise being fulfilled..what does it mean the families flow out of israel? And who are these people "Jews" are they people with human bodies unchanged? Will the Jews and Abrahams offspring raise from the dead...will these people have children and fill the earth?.....and are you saying we are in thw church age now...and that will be over...and thats a new age...is this the new heaven and earth where righteousness dwells?..and the church age people have no part in this?...so where are we?...so then the literal planet earth will always remain?

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Lol I had to ask because you discuss things as I know what you talking about...like u wrote an article and I dont understand those events...you said the kingdom promised was an eternal kingdom right....what does that mean? Eternal on this earth after the end of all things? Meaning forever and ever a kingdom on earth? ..

corinth77777,

1. Adam and Eve ruled the physical garden and had the spiritual rule of God in their hearts until they sinned and then they lost the physical rule and the spiritual rule.

2. Fast forward to the Messiah's ministry on earth these are the two kingdoms which were to be restored in connection with the Nation of Israel's covenants of Abraham concerning the land and of David concerning the Kingdom of Heaven reign on earth. This reign was conditioned by the spiritual rule which was the spiritual aspect called the Kingdom of God. This is why the Kingdom of Heaven message was only for jews and not the gentiles.

3. The jews rejected Jesus and therefore were not eligible to reign in the KOH because of disobedience.
At Calvary the spiritual rule was restored. The physical rule will not be restored until the time of the gentiles is fulfilled. The tribulation will be the purging of the jewish nation and this generation of jews will come to obedience to God and will then become the head of the nations in the KOH earthly reign.
The first 1000 years will be a theocracy with Israel as the head of the nations (Isaiah 2:2-4) The church will also be kings priest and rulers in this earthly kingdom. We are being trained right now in rulership training (2 Timothy 2:12). The church is being trained. Israel has to be purged. The church will also have rulership positions throughout the universal KOG. The earthly kingdom will be forever because it is tied to the restitution of all things including nature etc. Read Romans 8 about creation groaning. The purpose of the first 1000 years is to rid sin and rebellion. What this means is that the theocracy in the millennial kingdom will be with Christ ruling with the rod of Iron, with Israel as the head of the nations and the church with rulership positions throughout the kingdom.

4. The civil law will be in force and as long as an individual obeys it they can live in the kingdom. Generations will be propagated through this period and Satan will be locked up in the bottomless pit. If somebody disobeys the civil law they will be rendered the proper judgement. Also, not all will be a servant of God and at the end of the 1000 years Satan will be loosed and deceive these people of the nations they do not really love God in their hearts but who have obeyed the civil law. God will send fire out of heaven and put down this revolt. After this, Satan will be thrown in the lake of fire and the GWTJ will happen of sinners and then there will be the New Heaven and the New Earth which will be the final physical renovation of the earth which is not annihilation. The Holy City, the New Jerusalem will come down from Heaven to earth and God will tabernacle with men.

5. The bottom line is that the millennium is an eternal kingdom with a specific purpose for that period of ridding the earth of sin and rebellion. Paul said in 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 is when the KOH will become the KOG all in all. So the KOH is eternal even though it will be renovated and become the KOG all in all. The reason for this is that the KOH Physical geographical place is earth. It is out of harmony with the physical aspect of the KOG which is the whole universe. The KOH on earth has to be brought back into harmony with the universal KOG all in all. This is when the whole universe will be in harmony once again. Let me know if you understand this. Jerry kelso

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I get this....one gospel that unfolded...from symbols to reality..in my opinion

corinth77777,

1. One gospel that unfolded through gradual revelation of types and shadows to the reality.

2. Acceptance and belief in what ever point that revelation was given at in their time to believe in.
This is why everyone from Adam till now and beyond is saved by grace through faith.

3. Does one think that Genesis 3:15 which was the first prophecy about the Messiah understood it in its completeness like we do today?

4. Does one think that the Abraham really understood the end all or completion to the redemptive plan fully as Jesus Christ dying and rising again as we do today? He didn't understand a sacrifice and he didn't know Isaac was going to be a type of Christ but he did believe in being obedient to God and his obedience was accounted to him as righteousness by faith.

5. Does one think that the law keepers in Judaism understood the sacrifice was going to be Jesus and through his death and resurrection they would be saved plainly like we understand and are required to believe today?

6. All they knew is the law and they were backslidden and out of covenant at that time and they were more interested in the physical kingdom being set up and forgot that the condition to receive the physical Kingdom of Heaven was to believe in the spiritual Kingdom of God Messiah that he would forgive their sins and be born again Matthew 4:17; Repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. They were not required to believe in the death, burial and resurrection in the KOH and the KOG message in Jesus earthly ministry.

7. After the jewish nation rejected Jesus (Matthew 23:37-39) Jesus in John 6 told them he was the bread of life that came down from Heaven and they were to eat his flesh and drink his blood. We know today this symbolizes the death by crucifixion but they didn't have a clue including his disciples who had been with him for 3 years.

8. Peter in Matthew 16:22-23 didn't have a clue about the death, burial, and resurrection gospel as Jesus being the sacrifice to save the world in this way. Jesus started telling them more plainly and openly that he would have to die and rise again and Peter said I won't let anyone kill you and Jesus said, Get behind me Satan cause you don't savor the things of God. Peter was being used by Satan to thwart the redemptive plan of God without any knowledge that that was what was happening.

9. Even after the resurrection they had a hard time understanding and took a while to settle in and even Christ had to expound the scriptures of what the law and the prophets had said that were prophetic about him and veiled in types and shadows etc.
If the jews would have understood and had been required to believe in his death and resurrection they would have understood it plainly and would have looked forward to that day and not been in the dark.

10. So the redemptive sacrifice was unveiled gradually and comprehended gradually and belief required at whatever and wherever point the revelation was at at their appointed time until full fruition of when it happened and after the fact to the point of how we can understand it much clearer and understand of what we are required to believe in to be saved.

11. All this does not nullify that it was still the same gospel from Genesis 3:15 on in substance. It also does not nullify the fact that just because they were required to believe in their revelation before the cross which was not as full as ours doesn't mean that it was a different gospel. They could only believe in whatever part of the revelation they were given and believe by faith. Every point of revelation of redemption pointed to Calvary even though not understood in the way we understand after the cross.

12. Peter didn't understand gradual revelation like we do or should. He knew the gentiles were to be saved for they were to go to all the world and preach the gospel. But he didn't understand the mystery of Christ and his body of jews and gentiles on the same playing ground because all he knew was the Kingdom message of Israel and the death and resurrection of Christ. This said that the gentiles would be saved with Israel being at the head of the nations and the light of the world and the salt of the earth. But Peter couldn't overcome God and so he accepted it even though he had a time processing it all. Paul comes on the scene and brings it out by revelation of God and even clearer of the role of the gentile.

13. The death and resurrection caused all kinds of problems with understanding the role of the law of Moses that was the jews life before Peter got the vision and after and especially when Paul started his ministry with the gentiles.

14. Anyway, people need to use common sense about understanding gradual revelation and what they were required to believe by faith in that it was still one gospel instead of ignorantly using their human reasoning to make false accusations against the truth. This is what is done when they accuse the opposition of being 2 gospels which is not true. I know this has been long but I hope this helps you in the full understanding of what the word says and why there is only one gospel of redemption about the sacrifice of Christ that was unveiled in gradual revelation till it reached the full fruition and how we can understand it clearly what we are required to believe in to be saved after the fact. If we were born before the cross and were in the climate of society and were not taught directly of the big picture we would have reacted like Peter and been confuses as well. Jerry kelso

Reactions: Winken
Upvote 0

MWood

Jan 7, 2013
✟122,541.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The Gospel of the Kingdom is the Gospel that Jesus and the twelve preached while Jesus was on earth, and the twelve preached after Jesus ascended. This Gospel was to bring the Nation of Israel back to the covenant relationship with God. To get them to do away with the traditions of man and the laws they had put in place that set aside the laws of God.

The Gospel of the Grace of God is a new Gospel that was only revealed to the Apostle Paul by Jesus. This is the Gospel that explains what Jesus accomplished when He died on the Cross. In the Gospel of the Kingdom you had to repent and be Baptized for the remission of sins. In the Gospel of Grace your sins are forgiven by the Blood shed on the Cross. In the Gospel of the Kingdom there was no Redemption, Reconciliation, Sanctification, Justification. They were never preached, or offered. They couldn't be preached or offered, because the death, burial, and resurrection hadn't taken place yet.

So yes, in the new testament there are two Gospels. The Gospel of the Kingdom in the four Gospels, and the Gospel of the Grace of God that Paul preached. This is rightly dividing the truth of Gods word.

Reactions: bibledoctrine
Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Gospel of the Kingdom is the Gospel that Jesus and the twelve preached while Jesus was on earth, and the twelve preached after Jesus ascended. This Gospel was to bring the Nation of Israel back to the covenant relationship with God. To get them to do away with the traditions of man and the laws they had put in place that set aside the laws of God.

The Gospel of the Grace of God is a new Gospel that was only revealed to the Apostle Paul by Jesus. This is the Gospel that explains what Jesus accomplished when He died on the Cross. In the Gospel of the Kingdom you had to repent and be Baptized for the remission of sins. In the Gospel of Grace your sins are forgiven by the Blood shed on the Cross. In the Gospel of the Kingdom there was no Redemption, Reconciliation, Sanctification, Justification. They were never preached, or offered. They couldn't be preached or offered, because the death, burial, and resurrection hadn't taken place yet.

So yes, in the new testament there are two Gospels. The Gospel of the Kingdom in the four Gospels, and the Gospel of the Grace of God that Paul preached. This is rightly dividing the truth of Gods word.

mwood,

1. Your first paragraph is true but the Mosaic law which was fulfilled by Christ had reached it's goal and had to be done away with in order for the new covenant to come in. Hebrews 8:6-7.

2. After the resurrection the KOH and the KOG was finished for Christ had already pronounced judgement in Matthew 23:37-39 and Matthew 24:1-2 that the temple would be destroyed. Both the city of Jerusalem and the temple and the nation of Israel was basically annihilated by the Romans and didn't come back as a nation till 1948.

3. The Gospel of the Grace of God as far as salvation happened at Calvary for the whole world.

4. The new covenant was offered to Israel the nation but it was in connection specifically with the physical KOH reign of which they were to be at the head of the nations (Isaiah 2:1-4; 9:6-7).
Nowhere in the bible was it prophesied that Israel would accept the Messiah. And Christ had to die for the whole world and he did.

5. The church was started with mainly jews and the jews culturally and religiously were always under the Mosaic law. The KOH and the KOG message of John the Baptist and Jesus was understood by the apostles and they still had that in mind. However, when they asked Jesus if he would restore the KOH, he said it is not for you to know the times and season of what the Father has put in his power. Even Christ didn't know for it was the father's decision.

6. The disciples didn't understand the death, and resurrection of Christ fully even when he arose. It came back to their mind of what he said at the last before it happened but he still had to expound the scriptures and prophecies in the law of Moses for them to get the big picture about salvation and what their mission was.

7. The jews knew that gentiles were to be saved by the new covenant but they basically proselyted them into Judaism under the new covenant of the finished work of Christ.
In the jewish community the leaders were having a dilemma because the message of Christ's death and resurrection was not the law of Moses of the old covenant and rocked their world.

8. The apostles still did not understand the wall of partition being torn down as far as the jew and the gentile in one body alike which was the mystery of Christ.
Peter got the vision of the clean and the unclean was to show that God was not respect of persons and jews and gentiles were on the same playing ground to come to God. This is not a part of the KOH gospel John the Baptist or Jesus preached before the cross.

9. When Paul left his ministry with the jews because they would not listen he went to the gentiles. He explained more of the picture of the Gospel of the grace of God which was the mystery of Christ of jews and gentiles in the body alike (Ephesians 3). Paul never said that he was the first one or the only one to propagate the Gospel of the grace of God concerning the mystery of Christ.

10 In verse 4 he said; Whereby, when ye read, ye may understand my knowledge in the mystery of Christ. Paul was giving his account of the knowledge in the mystery of Christ. Paul got many revelations and he waited many years before he went up to Jerusalem to confer with the apostles to be in harmony with them.

11. Verse 5 says, Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. Paul said this mystery was shown not only to him by the Spirit but the other apostle and prophets in those days by the Spirit. There were no apostles in the old testament and the context was about the gentiles being fellow heirs and of the same body and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel.

12. You said the gospel of the grace of God was about being forgiven by the blood of Jesus. Jesus told the disciples at the last supper that his blood was for the remission of sins and was the new testament and this is what the disciples did after the Cross and the death and resurrection is why they got into trouble with the jewish leaders and judaizers.
So Paul didn't start with salvation of the new covenant for Calvary had already happened before he even got saved and that is what he was saved by whether it stated it directly or not at all. This is a straw man built up to prove that the KOH message was preached under the old covenant standards and not new covenant which was Jesus death and resurrection.
There is no doubt that Peter and the other apostles still had the physical KOH mindset and that shows up in his epistles but that doesn't mean that the death and resurrection message wasn't preached. That is simply not true. Acts 4:2 Being grieved that they taught the people and preached through Jesus the resurrection from the dead.

13. Yes, the KOH and the KOG message was different because it was about the position of the head of the nations promised to Israel (Isaiah 2:2-4; 9:6-7) the Davidic covenant of the kingdom and the Land according to Genesis 15 of the Abrahamic covenant and this is why Jesus said in the Sermon on the Mount, Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.

14. The KOG in its spiritual aspect; Matthew 6:33 and Luke 17:20 was accepting Christ by believing he was the Messiah John 1:31 was the reason that Christ was manifested to Israel and they had to believe he would forgive them of their sins.

15. The didn't understand the death, burial, and resurrection like we do today plainly. Matthew 16:22-23 and John 6 prove this because Jesus didn't preach directly his death and resurrection.
Luke 24: 46: And said unto them, Thus it is written and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

16. The gospel of redemption concerning the substance of the sacrifice and Christ being the sacrifice was revealed in veils and prophecies is the same gospel of forgiveness of redemption from Genesis 3:16 to Calvary.

17. The difference was what form of the revelation of redemption they were given in their time to believe by faith.

18. Jesus said to the jews to believe in him and to be born again of the water and of the spirit. His death and resurrection he didn't preach in his earthly ministry but redemption still pointed to the sacrifice which was first stated in Genesis 3:15. Do you think that Adam and Eve totally understood the big picture of that prophecy? No! It was by gradual revelation that the redemptive plan of God and people in different ages were expected to believe by faith in the specific revelation they had in their time that pointed to Christ even though they didn't understand the big picture.

19. It is not true that the jews after the resurrection didn't preach the death and resurrection of Christ and when Peter got the vision the mystery of Christ was revealed and Paul bears out that the Spirit revealed to his holy apostles and not just him, though he made it much clearer to understand.

20. The four gospels are about the Kingdom Gospel and is good news about Israel's covenants being fulfilled that is not the same as the churches position in the Kingdom even though the church will be involved in the same KOH.

21. The KOG was basically the same as far as repentance and forgiveness of sins preached in Jesus name and the substance of what would be the death and resurrection of Christ.

22. The difference in the KOG in the KOH message in Christ ministry and today was that it was before the cross and they were only required to believe that Christ was the Messiah and that he would forgive their sins.

23. When the cross happened repentance and remission of sins was about Christ death and resurrection. So the gospel of the grace of God did not start with Paul, but it did start with the cross of Calvary.

24. The mystery of Christ of jews and gentiles in one body on the same playing ground was as a result of the cross but was not manifested until Peter's vision of the clean and the unclean and Paul's ministry to the gentiles which was after Peter's vision. This is rightly dividing the word. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0