jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Again, it is a story about inividuals, not about the people of Israel as a group. AND since it is a story about individuals, ANY individual of ANY nation can apply it to themselves.

openheart,

1. I agree with you that it is a parable of spiritual illustration and I said it can be applied to anyone who needs to come back to God.

2. I am not trying to go to seed as much as some do because parables are illustration of truths and not necessarily details as a general rule.
The individual jews make up the nation and the nation of Israel was backslidden and out of covenant with God and was to come back to God and they will in the future.

3. To be more specific, the KoH parables in Matthew 13 are more direct in the rejection of Jesus.
For example, the parable of the sower of the good and the bad ground were different types of soil likened to people produced a crop and showed that the majority of people would reject the kingdom. This historical covenant example is only for the jews and not the gentiles.

4. There is a parable in Matthew 21:33-41 about the vineyard and the wicked tenants beating the servants and eventually killing the son who was the heir and then the Lord will come and kill those wicked servants.
5. The good fish and the bad fish, wheat and tares, foolish and wise virgins were all written in the context of the KoH which was not a message to the gentile for they had no covenant. Do you believe this or do you just think this is for the church? Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
For example, the parable of the sower of the good and the bad ground were different types of soil likened to people produced a crop and showed that the majority of people would reject the kingdom. This historical covenant example is only for the jews and not the gentiles.
I just don't think the parable of the sower is only for the Jews. I'm sorry, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I just don't think the parable of the sower is only for the Jews. I'm sorry, but we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this.

open heart,

1. I am saying in its historical context and their covenant promises of the KoH it is only for the jews.
It doesn't mean that you can't make a spiritual application of sowing on bad and good ground of believers today.

2. This is what I am saying about the prodigal son. Historical context and a spiritual context. I am not throwing the baby out with the bath water. One has to understand the historical context and who is being spoken to and what covenant they are under before you can apply to another covenant of what it means to them.

3. For instance, Luke 6:38 says give and it shall be given unto you pressed down and shaken together running over shall men give unto your bosom. The historical context was to Israel under the law covenant of a specific blessing and cursing system of which we the church were never under and still are not. If they lived the Mosaic law in covenant with God men would give unto their bosom. This doesn't mean there is no spiritual application for the church at all but look at how many extreme doctrines of giving that go to seed because they either don't know the historical and covenant context or else they try to add on to that revelation.

4. Surely you can understand the difference between covenants and their covenants.
When I was growing up, many times I almost didn't know the jews were in the gospels because people just automatically inserted the church in its place. Do you understand what I am saying? I believe in being fair in exegesis of the scripture because we are to rightly divide the word not what we just think it says. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
open heart,
don't you know how to disagree agreeably?

And try to be succinct. I give you one or two sentence replies, you give me entire pages in response. Wow. It makes it difficult to try to have a discussion with you.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
don't you know how to disagree agreeably?

And try to be succinct. I give you one or two sentence replies, you give me entire pages in response. Wow. It makes it difficult to try to have a discussion with you.

open heart,

1. No disrespect but we all could hold hands and sing kumbya. We are talking about the true context and rightly dividing the word not about you go to your church and I'll go to mine. There are certain contexts that can fall in that category and this is not one.

2. I agreed with you and because I showed the historical and covenant context you say I disagree with you.
You call yourself a hebrew catholic and yet you avoid the historical and covenant context of the passage which is hebrew. This is improper hermeneutics.

3. I apologize if the posts are too long for you, but those last couple of posts were not that long and the point was made and you continues to skate away from it and only believe your point of view which I agreed with. But you can't debut what I said scripturally and yet you want to give the impression that I am not right by disagreeing. What I said in these last couple of posts are pretty easy to understand if one is willing to understand it. To give a proper rebuttal one has to understand what the other person is really saying before you can debunk what they say. You think it is hard to converse with me because you have your mind made up which is your choice and right and cannot prove what I said to be wrong and it is just as difficult for me to converse with you when you are skating away from the truth I presented and cannot prove it wrong and give the perception that I am wrong. All I ask is to be fair. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is not another gospel? There is only one.

While there are two different reactions to the gospel, there is still only one gospel. The gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:6-12 KJV
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: [7] Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. [9] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. [10] For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. [11] But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. [12] For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Which is not another gospel? There is only one.

While there are two different reactions to the gospel, there is still only one gospel. The gospel of Christ.

Galatians 1:6-12 KJV
I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: [7] Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. [8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. [9] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. [10] For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. [11] But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. [12] For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it , but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.

kingskid,

1. I did say there is only one gospel and two different revelations and how and what to respond to. This is the spiritual aspect.

2. The gospel of the kingdom was the Kingdom of Heaven which was the physical kingdom reign on earth that Jesus offered the jewish nation because of their covenant promises.

3. Entrance into this physical kingdom reign was conditioned on them repenting which was receiving the spiritual aspect of the Kingdom of God.

4. One has to understand the big picture of the KoH and the KoG.
Physically the KoH is the earth and the earthly reign. Physically the KoG is the whole universe of which the KoH as the earthly sphere is out of harmony with the universal KoG.

5. The Spiritual aspect of the KoH is the things contained in it. The spiritual aspect of the KoG is the spiritual rule of the heart by way of salvation. The KoG they were to seek and came without observation.
They were never told to seek the KoH.

6. The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven was different in the fact of Israel being at the head of the nations.
In the tribulation, Matthew 24 says the gospel of the Kingdom of will be preached will be to all nations. Israel will proclaim God is coming back to establish the kingdom and this will be a threat to the antichrist and the governments. Revelation 11:15 says the Kingdoms of this world have become Christ and this will happen at Armageddon.

7. So the gospel of the kingdom in that day will be more about Christ conquering the NWO. This is why Israel will be hated of all nations and this period is called Jacob's trouble and why she travails in Revelation 12 and will be rescued as in Isaiah 66:6-7 a nation born in one day and Zion brings forth his children and the law will go out of Zion isaiah 2:2-4.

8. The gospel of the kingdom is different than the gospel of grace.

9. Galatians is the gospel of grace and today there is only one gospel which is the death, burial and resurrection.

10. The bottom line is that the word gospel is associated with salvation alone and that there cannot be another kind of gospel with a different context.
Also, with the word gospel it is associated with the death, burial, and resurrection message to believe in as the finished work.

11. Israel had no understanding of the finished work of Christ because he didn't preach it and he hadn't died yet. They were believing in Messiah to forgive sins as entrance into the physical kingdom. Because the two responses are different to law and grace which were two different covenants is why people mention 2 gospels. They were two different revelations.

12. Today, there is only one gospel and it is based on the finished work of Christ. Anyway you slice it, it is important to understand how those under the law of Moses came to forgiveness before Messiah and in the day of Messiah. I hope this helps. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kingskid,

1. I did say there is only one gospel and two different revelations and how and what to respond to. This is the spiritual aspect.

2. The gospel of the kingdom was the Kingdom of Heaven which was the physical kingdom reign on earth that Jesus offered the jewish nation because of their covenant promises.

3. Entrance into this physical kingdom reign was conditioned on them repenting which was receiving the spiritual aspect of the Kingdom of God.

4. One has to understand the big picture of the KoH and the KoG.
Physically the KoH is the earth and the earthly reign. Physically the KoG is the whole universe of which the KoH as the earthly sphere is out of harmony with the universal KoG.

5. The Spiritual aspect of the KoH is the things contained in it. The spiritual aspect of the KoG is the spiritual rule of the heart by way of salvation. The KoG they were to seek and came without observation.
They were never told to seek the KoH.

6. The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven was different in the fact of Israel being at the head of the nations.
In the tribulation, Matthew 24 says the gospel of the Kingdom of will be preached will be to all nations. Israel will proclaim God is coming back to establish the kingdom and this will be a threat to the antichrist and the governments. Revelation 11:15 says the Kingdoms of this world have become Christ and this will happen at Armageddon.

7. So the gospel of the kingdom in that day will be more about Christ conquering the NWO. This is why Israel will be hated of all nations and this period is called Jacob's trouble and why she travails in Revelation 12 and will be rescued as in Isaiah 66:6-7 a nation born in one day and Zion brings forth his children and the law will go out of Zion isaiah 2:2-4.

8. The gospel of the kingdom is different than the gospel of grace.

9. Galatians is the gospel of grace and today there is only one gospel which is the death, burial and resurrection.

10. The bottom line is that the word gospel is associated with salvation alone and that there cannot be another kind of gospel with a different context.
Also, with the word gospel it is associated with the death, burial, and resurrection message to believe in as the finished work.

11. Israel had no understanding of the finished work of Christ because he didn't preach it and he hadn't died yet. They were believing in Messiah to forgive sins as entrance into the physical kingdom. Because the two responses are different to law and grace which were two different covenants is why people mention 2 gospels. They were two different revelations.

12. Today, there is only one gospel and it is based on the finished work of Christ. Anyway you slice it, it is important to understand how those under the law of Moses came to forgiveness before Messiah and in the day of Messiah. I hope this helps. Jerry kelso

So if I understand..Jesus will be dealing with Israel through the end so that He can give them this "land" that is also to be burned up and replaced with a new heaven and new earth?

What sort of gospel would that be? Gospel means good news.

What would help would be to stop calling such a "gospel". There is only one. The gospel of Christ.

How it is revealed to each does not change that. Thank the Lord for His long suffering.

2 Peter 3:10-15 KJV
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. [14] Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. [15] And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
So if I understand..Jesus will be dealing with Israel through the end so that He can give them this "land" that is also to be burned up and replaced with a new heaven and new earth?

What sort of gospel would that be? Gospel means good news.

What would help would be to stop calling such a "gospel". There is only one. The gospel of Christ.

How it is revealed to each does not change that. Thank the Lord for His long suffering.

2 Peter 3:10-15 KJV
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. [11] Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, [12] Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? [13] Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness. [14] Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless. [15] And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

kingskid,

1. The new heaven and the new earth is renovated by fire which renews and not annihilates. The reign of Christ will begin with 1000 years in establishing the kingdom and getting rid of all sin and rebellion. It will change from one condition to another.

2. The same scripture says there will be no more sea which couldn't be the thought of totally no seas for there will be an abundance of rivers, lakes and small seas on the earth forever for the earth was made to be eternal. There will be an evaporation of the large oceans would make habitable for coming generations of natural people. This will stem from the fervent heat of 2 Peter 3:10-13. There will actually be a renovation of creation right before the millennial kingdom. Read Joel and the flourishing of the land and the wolf laying down with the lamb in Isaiah. This is talking about the millennial kingdom. Hebrews 12:26 talks about the shaking of the earth and heaven. Removing the things that are made that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire. This is not annihilation but a renovation.

3. Matthew 24 specifically says the gospel of the kingdom. So it is different from the gospel of grace. Gospel means good news and the kingdom coming of which Jesus mentioned in the Lord's prayer was good news for the jews. In the tribulations their nation will almost be destroyed and unlike their disobedience the first time they will repent as a nation and look upon whom they have pierced and God will save them and will birth them as a nation born in one day (Isaiah 66:6-7). It will be good news for Israel and the earth as well because of the restitution of all things.

4. The gospel of the physical kingdom is not taking the place of the gospel of grace for it takes the gospel of grace in order for Israel to enter the physical kingdom.

5. I already said that people are stuck into the word gospel can only be in conjunction with grace and this is not true. The bible plainly says the gospel of the kingdom and shows it is different from the gospel of grace. Either one believes the truth in that plain statement and its context or they don't. They are 2 different contexts that use the word gospel. This is rightly dividing the word.

6. This is like saying, when Paul said I die daily can only be associated with dying to sin or crucifying the flesh and cannot be associated with physical resurrection because you can't die everyday. The spiritual aspect is not in the context.

7. Proper exegesis is that there are 2 different context using the word gospel; 1 for the physical kingdom and 1 for the gospel of grace. Jerry kelso

Reactions: MWood
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kingskid,

1. The new heaven and the new earth is renovated by fire which renews and not annihilates. The reign of Christ will begin with 1000 years in establishing the kingdom and getting rid of all sin and rebellion. It will change from one condition to another.

2. The same scripture says there will be no more sea which couldn't be the thought of totally no seas for there will be an abundance of rivers, lakes and small seas on the earth forever for the earth was made to be eternal. There will be an evaporation of the large oceans would make habitable for coming generations of natural people. This will stem from the fervent heat of 2 Peter 3:10-13. There will actually be a renovation of creation right before the millennial kingdom. Read Joel and the flourishing of the land and the wolf laying down with the lamb in Isaiah. This is talking about the millennial kingdom. Hebrews 12:26 talks about the shaking of the earth and heaven. Removing the things that are made that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: For our God is a consuming fire. This is not annihilation but a renovation.

3. Matthew 24 specifically says the gospel of the kingdom. So it is different from the gospel of grace. Gospel means good news and the kingdom coming of which Jesus mentioned in the Lord's prayer was good news for the jews. In the tribulations their nation will almost be destroyed and unlike their disobedience the first time they will repent as a nation and look upon whom they have pierced and God will save them and will birth them as a nation born in one day (Isaiah 66:6-7). It will be good news for Israel and the earth as well because of the restitution of all things.

4. The gospel of the physical kingdom is not taking the place of the gospel of grace for it takes the gospel of grace in order for Israel to enter the physical kingdom.

5. I already said that people are stuck into the word gospel can only be in conjunction with grace and this is not true. The bible plainly says the gospel of the kingdom and shows it is different from the gospel of grace. Either one believes the truth in that plain statement and its context or they don't. They are 2 different contexts that use the word gospel. This is rightly dividing the word.

6. This is like saying, when Paul said I die daily can only be associated with dying to sin or crucifying the flesh and cannot be associated with physical resurrection because you can't die everyday. The spiritual aspect is not in the context.

7. Proper exegesis is that there are 2 different context using the word gospel; 1 for the physical kingdom and 1 for the gospel of grace. Jerry kelso
Jerry keldo, if you wish to believe in 2 gospels so be it. While you are at it why not believe in 4.. gospel of matthew , mark, luke, and john?
The truth of the matter is there is only 1. If we would stop trying to exegesis over each other, we could see that simple truth.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jerry keldo, if you wish to believe in 2 gospels so be it. While you are at it why not believe in 4.. gospel of matthew , mark, luke, and john?
The truth of the matter is there is only 1. If we would stop trying to exegesis over each other, we could see that simple truth.

kingskid,

1. Why do you negate what the bible says in a plain statement and its context. Are you going to tell me that Matthew didn't say the gospel of the kingdom? Are you going to tell me that it doesn't deal with the physical kingdom?

2. As far as believing in 4 gospels is what man put on it and it not a scripture. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are all about the last part of the age of the Mosaic law and the calling of Israel in the KoH and the KoG message.

3. I am sorry but all you are doing is disagreeing and cannot produce any scripture to prove what I have presented according to the scripture. I cannot help that you don't understand exegesis but if you are going to rightly divide the word you need to understand it and proper biblical hermeneutics as well. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

kingskid

Kid of the Most High
Jan 19, 2002
VA
✟1,916.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kingskid,

1. Why do you negate what the bible says in a plain statement and its context. Are you going to tell me that Matthew didn't say the gospel of the kingdom? Are you going to tell me that it doesn't deal with the physical kingdom?

2. As far as believing in 4 gospels is what man put on it and it not a scripture. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John are all about the last part of the age of the Mosaic law and the calling of Israel in the KoH and the KoG message.

3. I am sorry but all you are doing is disagreeing and cannot produce any scripture to prove what I have presented according to the scripture. I cannot help that you don't understand exegesis but if you are going to rightly divide the word you need to understand it and proper biblical hermeneutics as well. Jerry kelso

Mark 1:14-15 KJV
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, [15] And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

The Lord did not say repent and believe in two gospel.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Mark 1:14-15 KJV
Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, [15] And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.

The Lord did not say repent and believe in two gospel.

kingskid,

1. I said the Kingdom of God in the Kingdom of Heaven message was the spiritual rule of God in their heart and this is why Jesus said, Repent and believe the gospel. I never disagreed.

2. The Kingdom of Heaven is the term used only in Matthew and it is about the physical kingdom that Christ offered and the condition was obedience as a nation to enter the covenant.
The passage in Mark and Luke that use the Kingdom of God in the physical sense is because the Physical Kingdom of God is the whole universe that God rules of which the earthly Kingdom of Heaven is but a small sphere.

3. This gospel of the Kingdom of God jews had to repent and believe in the Messiah in order to be saved and eligible to enter the physical kingdom. The rejected Christ and could not receive the Kingdom at the same time. The gospel of the Kingdom of God they didn't have to believe in him dying and rising again because they didn't have this revelation because Christ didn't preach it. If he would have they would have gone on and killed him so they could have the kingdom.

4. After his rejection he began to tell his disciples that he would be killed and rise again. Peter said I won't let nobody kill you and Jesus said, Get thee behind me Satan for you don't savor the things of God. This was a double reference to Satan for using Peter and his lack of understanding of the finished work. Read Matthew 16:21-23.

5. This is no new teaching but it is from the proper hebraic perspective and historical and covenant context. The physical and spiritual kingdoms both need to be properly understood. A jew repented to the gospel of the Kingdom of God in the spiritual aspect. They did not repent to the gospel of the physical aspect of the Kingdom of Heaven to be saved. Matthew 6:33 says they were to seek the Kingdom of God and this harmonizes with the scripture that you gave in Mark 1:14-15. I already told you the jews were never told to seek the physical Kingdom of Heaven as in Matthew 6:33. Can you understand what I just said in this last paragraph. It is not really that hard if you think on what I said and not what you think I said. Let me know. Jerry Kelso

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Jesus alludes to two types of Gospels in
Matthew 5:17-19
*One for those who keep and teach the Law
*One for those who teach the Law is annulled

hebrewvaquero,

1. I understand why people get stumbled over the word gospel and try to paint two different gospels according to redemption because the word gospel is associated with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

2. I agree that basically the word gospel is associated with the spiritual aspect of Christ finished work.
Matthew 4:17: From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Repentance was the spiritual aspect and condition in order for a jew to enter the physical Kingdom of Heaven reign.

3. Matthew 6:33 says; Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. We are never told to seek the Kingdom of Heaven to be saved. The jews were backslidden under the law and had to repent in order to come back into covenant with Yeshua.

4. The poor in spirit, the mourning, being meek, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, being merciful, being pure in heart, being peacemakers, being persecuted for righteousness sake, and being blessed when they persecute you were all spiritual attributes that they had to do in order to be blessed in the covenant and in trying to be who they were. For some it was and other not. The old covenant was the best God gave at that time to Israel but, it had some things not of itself bad for the law was holy and good but the law could not make you do the commandment and save you, it could only say, Thou shalt not. Because the law of sin and death took advantage of this weakness of the commandment it made them live to the frailty of man as in Romans 7.

5. Today because of the power of the cross and resurrection and the intercession at the throne we have better promises and the power of an endless life to be able to have our lives of being who we are and not what we do. We are to do because of who we are. When people do to receive instead of being who they are this is called being under the spirit of the law and this is why many times we are not consistent in the way we conduct our daily lives. This is not the only reason but it is one big reason, especially to learn what Jesus teachings really meant under the Mosaic law of which we were never and are not now.

6. Matthew 5:17 is Jesus talking to jews under the Mosaic law and he is not trying to teach anything new but in proper perspective. The message of the Kingdom deals with the physical and spiritual kingdoms. In their specific context of the Kingdom of Heaven-physical kingdom, Matthew 4:17; the Kingdom of God-spiritual; Matthew 6:33 and Luke 17:20.

7. The law was one whole unit of spiritual commandments and physical commandments and obedience was always required to carry through the physical commandments in order to be blessed and if not performed it brought specific curses and they could not gain entrance into the physical KoH.

8. It is true that they misunderstood the suffering Savior of Isaiah 53 and were focused on the physical kingdom of Isaiah 2:2-4 as the head of the nations. Their covenant of the kingdom was eternal through David but conditioned on obedience of the whole nation 1 Chronicles 28:7, and the result of disobedience happened more than once and in Jesus day they disobeyed again and the result was the rejection of Christ Matthew 23:37-39.

9. The gospel of the kingdom in Jesus day did have to do with the physical kingdom reign. The spiritual aspect was required and was based in the death of a sacrifice according to the types just like in Abraham offering up Isaac. However, the disciples didn't understand the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as we understand it for Peter shows this in Matthew 16:21-23 and Christ said, Get thee behind me Satan for you don't savor the things of God, but those that be of men. The things of God was Calvary and men's was the physical kingdom for that was what the jews desired.

10. The spiritual qualification for the jews in Messiah's day was believe in him John 3:5 as the Messiah and this is why John the Baptist baptized John 1:31. This is why Christ was a stumbling block as the cornerstone.
What is different is the actual revelation and not the basis of the gospel. The basis of the gospel was in all ages even before Abraham and Moses and the law.

11. Matthew 24:14 talks about enduring to the end, the same shall be saved. This is speaking to the jews in that day for this is where the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet in Israel; Revelation 11:1-3 and 2 Thessalonians 2-4.

12. Jeremiah 31:31-34 was to happen at Calvary for the jewish nation to inherit the covenants but they rejected him. Hebrews is the same wording and will be the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:34 because they will accept the Messiah.

13. The progression of Jeremiah are the same as in Hebrews 8. After those days; this is talking about the tribulation days. The Lord will put his law in their inward parts and write it in their hearts: and will be their God and they shall be my people.

14. The first coming the Lord did not do this for they had the Mosaic law and they rejected him. The second coming they will accept him for the new covenant is in effect and has been since Calvary. Some dispensationalists believe this progression shows that all Israel has to do is accept Christ as the Messiah and not repent and then he will put his laws into their hearts, etc. I do not believe this is necessarily true even though they will accept him as Messiah so their physical kingdom will not be totally annihilated again but even in the first coming they still had to repent and believe in the Messiah for forgiveness of sins and this was always true in the old testament. The jews in this day will understand the new covenant for Revelation 1:7 says that they will look on him whom they have pierced. The jewish nation was the one who crucified the Lord for if they had known they would have not crucified the Lord of Glory.

15. The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is the physical aspect and the role of Israel according to the head of the nations and being over the kingdoms or governments of the world. This will make those in power and allied with the Antichrist as mad as all get out and fuel the hatred for the jewish nation.
The gospel of the Kingdom of God in it's spiritual aspect is the condition of obedience for God to save them and bless them in their covenants.

16. The gospel of redemption to save the individuals of the nation of Israel is only the new covenant. The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is the physical kingdom and entering into the covenants which God has promised he will do concerning the head of the nations and the law going forth out of Zion. This has never happened before.

17. If people will understand and keep the proper contexts to the correct terms their should be no confusion. When people go to seed over a wording and one context only as an absolute and refuse to understand the subject of a context they will continue to be confused and lack understanding of rightly dividing the word because of tunnel vision. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

HebrewVaquero

Nov 22, 2015
✟828.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
hebrewvaquero,

1. I understand why people get stumbled over the word gospel and try to paint two different gospels according to redemption because the word gospel is associated with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ.

2. I agree that basically the word gospel is associated with the spiritual aspect of Christ finished work.
Matthew 4:17: From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the Kingdom of Heaven is at hand. Repentance was the spiritual aspect and condition in order for a jew to enter the physical Kingdom of Heaven reign.

3. Matthew 6:33 says; Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you. We are never told to seek the Kingdom of Heaven to be saved. The jews were backslidden under the law and had to repent in order to come back into covenant with Yeshua.

4. The poor in spirit, the mourning, being meek, hungering and thirsting after righteousness, being merciful, being pure in heart, being peacemakers, being persecuted for righteousness sake, and being blessed when they persecute you were all spiritual attributes that they had to do in order to be blessed in the covenant and in trying to be who they were. For some it was and other not. The old covenant was the best God gave at that time to Israel but, it had some things not of itself bad for the law was holy and good but the law could not make you do the commandment and save you, it could only say, Thou shalt not. Because the law of sin and death took advantage of this weakness of the commandment it made them live to the frailty of man as in Romans 7.

5. Today because of the power of the cross and resurrection and the intercession at the throne we have better promises and the power of an endless life to be able to have our lives of being who we are and not what we do. We are to do because of who we are. When people do to receive instead of being who they are this is called being under the spirit of the law and this is why many times we are not consistent in the way we conduct our daily lives. This is not the only reason but it is one big reason, especially to learn what Jesus teachings really meant under the Mosaic law of which we were never and are not now.

6. Matthew 5:17 is Jesus talking to jews under the Mosaic law and he is not trying to teach anything new but in proper perspective. The message of the Kingdom deals with the physical and spiritual kingdoms. In their specific context of the Kingdom of Heaven-physical kingdom, Matthew 4:17; the Kingdom of God-spiritual; Matthew 6:33 and Luke 17:20.

7. The law was one whole unit of spiritual commandments and physical commandments and obedience was always required to carry through the physical commandments in order to be blessed and if not performed it brought specific curses and they could not gain entrance into the physical KoH.

8. It is true that they misunderstood the suffering Savior of Isaiah 53 and were focused on the physical kingdom of Isaiah 2:2-4 as the head of the nations. Their covenant of the kingdom was eternal through David but conditioned on obedience of the whole nation 1 Chronicles 28:7, and the result of disobedience happened more than once and in Jesus day they disobeyed again and the result was the rejection of Christ Matthew 23:37-39.

9. The gospel of the kingdom in Jesus day did have to do with the physical kingdom reign. The spiritual aspect was required and was based in the death of a sacrifice according to the types just like in Abraham offering up Isaac. However, the disciples didn't understand the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ as we understand it for Peter shows this in Matthew 16:21-23 and Christ said, Get thee behind me Satan for you don't savor the things of God, but those that be of men. The things of God was Calvary and men's was the physical kingdom for that was what the jews desired.

10. The spiritual qualification for the jews in Messiah's day was believe in him John 3:5 as the Messiah and this is why John the Baptist baptized John 1:31. This is why Christ was a stumbling block as the cornerstone.
What is different is the actual revelation and not the basis of the gospel. The basis of the gospel was in all ages even before Abraham and Moses and the law.

11. Matthew 24:14 talks about enduring to the end, the same shall be saved. This is speaking to the jews in that day for this is where the abomination of desolation, spoken by Daniel the prophet in Israel; Revelation 11:1-3 and 2 Thessalonians 2-4.

12. Jeremiah 31:31-34 was to happen at Calvary for the jewish nation to inherit the covenants but they rejected him. Hebrews is the same wording and will be the fulfillment of Jeremiah 31:34 because they will accept the Messiah.

13. The progression of Jeremiah are the same as in Hebrews 8. After those days; this is talking about the tribulation days. The Lord will put his law in their inward parts and write it in their hearts: and will be their God and they shall be my people.

14. The first coming the Lord did not do this for they had the Mosaic law and they rejected him. The second coming they will accept him for the new covenant is in effect and has been since Calvary. Some dispensationalists believe this progression shows that all Israel has to do is accept Christ as the Messiah and not repent and then he will put his laws into their hearts, etc. I do not believe this is necessarily true even though they will accept him as Messiah so their physical kingdom will not be totally annihilated again but even in the first coming they still had to repent and believe in the Messiah for forgiveness of sins and this was always true in the old testament. The jews in this day will understand the new covenant for Revelation 1:7 says that they will look on him whom they have pierced. The jewish nation was the one who crucified the Lord for if they had known they would have not crucified the Lord of Glory.

15. The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is the physical aspect and the role of Israel according to the head of the nations and being over the kingdoms or governments of the world. This will make those in power and allied with the Antichrist as mad as all get out and fuel the hatred for the jewish nation.
The gospel of the Kingdom of God in it's spiritual aspect is the condition of obedience for God to save them and bless them in their covenants.

16. The gospel of redemption to save the individuals of the nation of Israel is only the new covenant. The gospel of the Kingdom of Heaven is the physical kingdom and entering into the covenants which God has promised he will do concerning the head of the nations and the law going forth out of Zion. This has never happened before.

17. If people will understand and keep the proper contexts to the correct terms their should be no confusion. When people go to seed over a wording and one context only as an absolute and refuse to understand the subject of a context they will continue to be confused and lack understanding of rightly dividing the word because of tunnel vision. Jerry kelso
Interesting contrasts taken between the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God.

However....
Just a thought....
Could the Kingdom of Heaven be the Kingdom of the Son which is handed over to the Father to become part of the Kingdom of God?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus alludes to two types of Gospels in
Matthew 5:17-19
*One for those who keep and teach the Law
*One for those who teach the Law is annulled
Matthew 5:17-19 doesn't even talk about the Law being annulled, but quite the opposite.

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Interesting contrasts taken between the Kingdom of Heaven and the Kingdom of God.

However....
Just a thought....
Could the Kingdom of Heaven be the Kingdom of the Son which is handed over to the Father to become part of the Kingdom of God?

hebrew vaquero,

Good observation! I have said this before in other posts and I am glad somebody really seems to get it.
1 Corinthians 15 shows the Son giving the Father back the kingdom so God can be all in all. This is the KoH reign on earth.
The physical aspect of the KoG is the universal kingdom of which this physical aspect of the KoH which is the earthly sphere is out of harmony with the universal Kingdom of God and this is because of sin and this is the reason for the restitution of all things.
This all started back in the garden of Eden with Adam and Eve who physically ruled the garden for they were given authority over all the creation. They were perfect before God and sinless they were created. When they sinned they were kicked out of garden and lost the physical rule because of the spiritual condition of their heart. God will not rule with man in the restitution of all things with out man having a holy heart. God bless! Jerry kelso

Upvote 0

jerry kelso

Food For Thought
Mar 13, 2013
✟104,142.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 5:17-19 doesn't even talk about the Law being annulled, but quite the opposite.

open heart,

1. Matthew 5:17-19 was the teaching of the law for Jesus was born of a woman made under the law of Moses. He didn't come to abolish the law in his ministry but to fulfill it. The law of Moses was only for a time till the seed should come. This has to be understood in the difference of the law of Moses and the law of Christ.

2. The law was forever for the jews because their culture was totally wrapped up in it. This is why Jews can still be jews culturally but they can not do it for purpose of attaining righteousness or salvation. This is why they are blinded as the nation itself for the most part. 2 Corinthians 3:1-16 explains this with Moses and the veil over his head for one: the children of Israel could not behold what would come concerning the old covenant and its glory passing away. This in no way disses the law of Moses for it was holy and good (Romans 7:12) but the new covenant was built on better promises and had to replace the law of commandments according to the Mosaic ethic and the endless life of the finished work of Christ (Hebrews 8:6-7).

3. The new covenant is not the old covenant reformed. The law of Moses was because of transgression but it was still the law of God and for a specific reason which was when the seed should come. This doesn't mean that Jesus taught the new covenant when he was born or in his ministry but he was the transition between law and grace and had to fulfill the law before he died and then the old testament law would have served its purpose and no longer needed for Christ made a better way through his finished work.

4. Just because there are similarities because of the moral aspect doesn't mean the old covenant is reformed. If you have a will you can change it and have similar, different and things that were exactly the same but they would not be considered the same in totality.

5. There are many things that had to be changed that were major they could not be the same and the ethic and the result of what that ethic and how it made them respond is different and Christ is the more perfect way to attain to salvation and righteous living in everyday life.

6. So, yes Matthew 5:17-19 was in a different age which we were never under that ethic and this is why that Christ didn't say anything about the law being abolished. If he would have taught anything else he would have never gotten anywhere in his ministry to the jews for the leaders would have automatically accused him of false teaching and got rid of him then. Proper context of proper time factors are important to understand the truth of what is being said and why. Jerry kelso

Upvote 0