Are there any miracles you guys have experienced that have encouraged you or others?

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Seeing that there have been many moments where others have wondered on common ground issues, I have written this in order to see what you guys feel and think about the issue of miracles. Specifically, with the churches you go to, what exactly have you witnessed that you'd define as miraculous and what things historically have you seen that really inspired you - and made you think about God's working in the world? Is there anything you have seen that really encouraged you when seeing miracles in the life of others? And to be clear, yes, I have seen many myself and do believe in the continuation of God working the miraculous :)

“Miracles are not impossible from a logical standpoint, and right reason does not deny them. Natural laws do not have the claim to be the only ones, nor are they threatened with being overturned by the appearance of other laws, supernatural ones, which also are conducive to the development and furtherance of creation… Miracles are a consequence of the Creator’s love for his creatures.”

St. Nektarios of Aegina

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,634.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I suppose that I need to first ask how you to define what you mean by a miracle.

That's just what I was wondering.
For myself, I am certain that God healed me from M.E, which I'd had for 18 years. I was healed overnight, and have had no symptoms for over 6 1/2 years. My GP didn't believe in M.E, however, and if she was willing to concede anything, she probably would have said that I went into remission. She would probably doubt that it was a miracle, and other people might also say that my illness disappeared naturally.
I am certain it was a miracle. The way it happened, it can only have been God - not my diet, prayer habits, positive confession or anything else. But I know that, technically, it couldn't be classed as one.

Upvote 0

farout

Standing firm for Christ
Nov 23, 2015
Mid West of the good USA
✟14,048.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Seeing that there have been many moments where others have wondered on common ground issues, I have written this in order to see what you guys feel and think about the issue of miracles. Specifically, with the churches you go to, what exactly have you witnessed that you'd define as miraculous and what things historically have you seen that really inspired you - and made you think about God's working in the world? Is there anything you have seen that really encouraged you when seeing miracles in the life of others? And to be clear, yes, I have seen many myself and do believe in the continuation of God working the miraculous :)

“Miracles are not impossible from a logical standpoint, and right reason does not deny them. Natural laws do not have the claim to be the only ones, nor are they threatened with being overturned by the appearance of other laws, supernatural ones, which also are conducive to the development and furtherance of creation… Miracles are a consequence of the Creator’s love for his creatures.”

St. Nektarios of Aegina

I was having a difficult time breathing, I had a hard time breathing and walking as I got very light headed. Went to the ER at the VA Hospital In Columbia, MO. The ER doctor did a blood test, and had me admitted. The next day I had a Cat SCAN done with contrast, and returned to my room with my wife waiting for my return. About an hour later my Primary Physician came in. He said my lungs were filled with emboli. (blood clots) The head radiologist read the CAT Scan images, as other technicians felt they wanted absolutely sure of their diagnoses. The head radiologist said in 32 years he had never seen someone so completely impacted with emboli. My PP said I needed to go home and make sure my affaires were in order. My chances of survival were doubtful. He was supprised I was not bleeding or in terrible pain. He took my wife and daughter aside and told them if I had symptoms of a stroke to get me to the nearest ER and ask for a "Block Buster" But it was only a matter of time either way for me, I was never to be left by myself.

I went home and called our pastor. I asked him and the church to pray only that I be in the center of Gods will. He anointed me with oil and we prayed, over and over. I stayed in bed for a good while, and slowly I insisted to be allowed to move about. My family was on pins and needles. I kept feeling better, and after 5 weeks I called the radiologist. I asked him when I would get the next CAT SCAN? H said "I thought you were dead by now", come tomorrow.

The next day A second CAT SCAN was dome. We waited for three hours the results. My PP sent his nurse and said they had the University next door verify what they had seen. The emboli were gone! We went home in praise of what the Lord had done. The next day I called the radiologist. I asked if the emboli totally and completely gone? He said in his thirty two years as a radiologist he had never seen anything like this with the emboli gone completely. He asked us to come to his office the next week. He said we have no medical explanation for what happened to you. Then he said as a Christian, by His stripes you have been healed! He was a Christian too. He gave me the before and after CAT SCAN images and the two radiological reports because no one will believe this unless you have proof. That was in 2004. To this day when a new doctor reads my records they say how very unusual I am to have lived. I give the Lord Jesus Christ all the Glory. I have shared this and people are amazed, especially when I show the CAT SCANs and reports. Does God do very special healing? I affirm he surely does. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ, again and again, over and over!

This miracleis100% provable and the medical evidence is available.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I was having a difficult time breathing, I had a hard time breathing and walking as I got very light headed. Went to the ER at the VA Hospital In Columbia, MO. The ER doctor did a blood test, and had me admitted. The next day I had a Cat SCAN done with contrast, and returned to my room with my wife waiting for my return. About an hour later my Primary Physician came in. He said my lungs were filled with emboli. (blood clots) The head radiologist read the CAT Scan images, as other technicians felt they wanted absolutely sure of their diagnoses. The head radiologist said in 32 years he had never seen someone so completely impacted with emboli. My PP said I needed to go home and make sure my affaires were in order. My chances of survival were doubtful. He was supprised I was not bleeding or in terrible pain. He took my wife and daughter aside and told them if I had symptoms of a stroke to get me to the nearest ER and ask for a "Block Buster" But it was only a matter of time either way for me, I was never to be left by myself.

I went home and called our pastor. I asked him and the church to pray only that I be in the center of Gods will. He anointed me with oil and we prayed, over and over. I stayed in bed for a good while, and slowly I insisted to be allowed to move about. My family was on pins and needles. I kept feeling better, and after 5 weeks I called the radiologist. I asked him when I would get the next CAT SCAN? H said "I thought you were dead by now", come tomorrow.

The next day A second CAT SCAN was dome. We waited for three hours the results. My PP sent his nurse and said they had the University next door verify what they had seen. The emboli were gone! We went home in praise of what the Lord had done. The next day I called the radiologist. I asked if the emboli totally and completely gone? He said in his thirty two years as a radiologist he had never seen anything like this with the emboli gone completely. He asked us to come to his office the next week. He said we have no medical explanation for what happened to you. Then he said as a Christian, by His stripes you have been healed! He was a Christian too. He gave me the before and after CAT SCAN images and the two radiological reports because no one will believe this unless you have proof. That was in 2004. To this day when a new doctor reads my records they say how very unusual I am to have lived. I give the Lord Jesus Christ all the Glory. I have shared this and people are amazed, especially when I show the CAT SCANs and reports. Does God do very special healing? I affirm he surely does. Thank you Lord Jesus Christ, again and again, over and over!

This miracleis100% provable and the medical evidence is available.
What you noted is an excellent example and it makes a world of difference :)

Upvote 0

patricius79

Called to Jesus Through Mary
Sep 10, 2009
✟21,391.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

St. Nektarios of Aegina

One of Peter Kreeft's proofs for God is "magic". And he is not referring to pagan magic or even to miracles. He means simply our free will. Our ability to choose to listen. Or to walk across a room. Or to wash the dishes.

I know what he means. Everything is a miracle.

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
When I was boy, my parents were visiting friends at their lake. This was in Northern Michigan, where there is a lake every two miles, and everybody is near one. Their lake looked very much like ours, and there was a dock on it that looked very much like the dock on our lake, so I did what I did every day on ours: I ran down the length of it and dove headfirst into the deep water.

Except the water in their lake was not deep. It was shallow and had a rocky bottom.

I hit the bottom head first, hard. My neck snapped and my vision went blue like being struck by lightning. Momentum carried me onto my back, and there I was, at the bottom of the lake, my nose, mouth and ears filling with water, paralyzed from the neck down.

I was alone.

What happened next was a miracle.

I did not tell anybody about it for three decades.

God is. Period.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
When I was boy, my parents were visiting friends at their lake. This was in Northern Michigan, where there is a lake every two miles, and everybody is near one. Their lake looked very much like ours, and there was a dock on it that looked very much like the dock on our lake, so I did what I did every day on ours: I ran down the length of it and dove headfirst into the deep water.

Except the water in their lake was not deep. It was shallow and had a rocky bottom.

I hit the bottom head first, hard. My neck snapped and my vision went blue like being struck by lightning. Momentum carried me onto my back, and there I was, at the bottom of the lake, my nose, mouth and ears filling with water, paralyzed from the neck down.

I was alone.

What happened next was a miracle.

I did not tell anybody about it for three decades.

God is. Period.

Wow....

Reactions: farout
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LaSorcia

Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2015
✟1,346,889.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I don't know if this is a miracle or not, but God was sure looking after us. My family was driving down a hill on a 2-laned road when we hit a patch of ice. There was a car behind us and a car in the oncoming lane. We did a 360- twice! But somehow no one managed to hit us and we were all safe, thank God.

I have experienced miracles from God, most recently, he saved my 2 day old baby's life. It's still not easy for me to talk about, so that's all I'll say.

Upvote 0

supersoldier71

Sinner, saved by Grace
Jan 19, 2011
Far, far away from home
✟10,260.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Depends on how you define "miracle".

It's a miracle that the Body of Christ grows and even thrives in North Korea.

I think it's a miracle that there are more Christians in China than in the US (numbers, not per capita).

I thought it was a miracle when a suicide bomber walked into a Christian church in northern Iraq...and walked back out again, having harmed no one.

Yes, I believe that God is still in the miracle business.

What is supernatural for us, is only natural for Him.

God bless.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Is there anything you have seen that really encouraged you when seeing miracles in the life of others?

I've seen men and women place their faith in Christ, receive baptism, and join the ranks of believers. Yes, God is still working.

I've also see charlatans and wolves with private jets and wearing $5,000 suits, fool the simple and desperate with smoke and mirror routines, followed by the greatest miracle I've ever witnessed: God didn't strike them dead on the spot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What qualifies as a genuine miracle ? I think this is a legitimate question. For example, if I visit hundreds of stage four terminally ill cancer patients in an oncology ward, and pray for them on one hundred different occasions, and eventually one of them recovers, has a miracle actually occurred ? In this instance I would have to say probably not.

Although it's rare, cancer remission (even late stage cancer) does occasionally occur, and is not outside the realm of medical probability. I can give you one example of a 22 years old woman who had an inoperable brain tumor the size of a wall nut in her head who was diagnosed as terminally ill. She volunteered for experimental treatment, and a benign form of the polio virus was injected into the tumor. Her bodies immune system aggressively attacked the now "marked" cancer cells, and six weeks later, the tumor was completely gone. She's still in remission and alive two years later.

However, what if I walked into a cancer ward on a single occasion, prayed over a terminally ill patient, who miraculously recovers, and upon an MRI scan later that day shows no signs of a brain tumor ever having existed ? I think that would have to qualify as a genuine miracle and something entirely outside the realm of scientific probability.

In fact, if you examine the miracles and healings described in the Gospel, most of them occurred "instantaneously", (or occurred within a very short period of time), and were "spontaneous". They were also characterized by very dramatic and unexplainable events. The resurrection of someone who has been dead for hours, days, or even hundreds of years, such as occurred immediately after the resurrection of Christ, where many of the dead rose from the grave and entered into Jerusalem testifying to the power of God, being one example of a genuine miracle.

Upvote 0