• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are the Walton's Family(Walmart) Christians?

vodreaux

Nov 14, 2004
✟124.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
re the Walton's Family(Walmart) Christians? Or even any of the other major religions around the world?

The reason I am asking is because Sam Walton(deceased) and ther family do not practice any true Christian Values or any other religious values from other religions.

They are the majority shareholders in Walmart. They seem to care about all the employees working for them. Walmart aka Waltons' Family pays as little as possible for their employees, exploit labor, use child labor, rather see their employees die from poor healthcare coverage. We all know the story.

Also, Waltons family barely in any contribute or donate to any charities, religions, or churches. They lack any moral or ethic values. They lack any Christian, Jewish, or any other religious values.

They are probably the selfish family in the world. Borderline Evil!

A

Anti Existance

Do not judge , because with the measure you judge you will be judged.

Only God truelly knows the Waltons, therefore be utterly carefull with saying things about the personalities of these people.

Its exactly the reason why they became rich, simply said you don't become rich from spending money,whatever they save on employees or do not give on charities flows back into their own pockets.

You only look at the waltons because they come in the news, it only proves that your views are narrow, why are you conserned about the Waltons instead of all the people shooting eachother? Why do you condemn them not being Christians while you don't see the stake in your own eyes? Surely you are right exploitation is a bad thing that should be adressed, but have you noticed that they are 'out of reach' for you? You should draw a circle of reach within your mind and keep yourself busy into loving and helping those people which your hands can reach. Maby if you one day can reach the waltons you could bring your message of consideration to them, i don't blame you for adressing this , but you can only reach out to those who you can touch,right?

I can only tell you that there is justice in the universe, and that all the explotation and the eventual bad stuff that makes the waltons live in darkness will come back on them, please also take in consideration that you 'can't' do anything about it on 'being' a walton, i bet most of the kids aren't even involved rather sucked up by the company, and on the other hand you should also 'try' to see a positive side on it, namely that they provide a service too. Most people that shop there i hear are rather content about wallmart, the people who work there are treated like garbage however. You also have to take in aspect the 'size' of a company, the bigger it is the harder it becomes to maintain in a proper manner. These people have a lot of responsibility for a lot of people, and scandals aren't uncommon for major companies like microsoft,wallmart,or enron. The unions have to properly fight for their personel, and wallmart should be forbidden to forbid their employee's enlisting to a union.

I myself have worked in a supermarket too in europe, and they treated me absolutely like crap. So its not wallmart alone, i still have traumas from it, its just horrible when they shout at you, but really it happens in more companies. Maby there's a christian union there in America who could fight for the rights of the people who work in wallmart? Even the waltons have to learn their life lessons here on earth, God put them there to begin with so please do not condemn because your only condemming yourself.

Reactions: BOJAX
Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

I am a Child of the King:)
Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟44,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
vodreaux said:
re the Walton's Family(Walmart) Christians? Or even any of the other major religions around the world?

The reason I am asking is because Sam Walton(deceased) and ther family do not practice any true Christian Values or any other religious values from other religions.

They are the majority shareholders in Walmart. They seem to care about all the employees working for them. Walmart aka Waltons' Family pays as little as possible for their employees, exploit labor, use child labor, rather see their employees die from poor healthcare coverage. We all know the story.

Also, Waltons family barely in any contribute or donate to any charities, religions, or churches. They lack any moral or ethic values. They lack any Christian, Jewish, or any other religious values.

Just wanted to warn you if I was you I wouldn't judge them why, b/c God is going to judge you on the same thing on everything you just judged them on there christian values and everrything you metioned on this. That counts are for those days when you weren't saved and good right by God.For we really don't know if they are or aren't. Instead of judging them start pray for them. But how can you take the beam out of their eye and you have a mold in you own (a verse in the bible somewhere had to parahize it) I will be pray for both you and the walton's family :) God Bless:)

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
I think Jon-Boy is a Christian because he always says good night to his mother, and I think Mary-Lou might be a Buddhist because she spends a lot of time on her own, and Jim-Bob is always thinking how to get rich so he might be ...

Oh... those Waltons... that Walton family...

Sorry, wrong thread...

;)

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟44,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Zzub said:
I think Jon-Boy is a Christian because he always says good night to his mother, and I think Mary-Lou might be a Buddhist because she spends a lot of time on her own, and Jim-Bob is always thinking how to get rich so he might be ...

Oh... those Waltons... that Walton family...

Sorry, wrong thread...

;)

Which one were you talking about??:)God Bless you indeed:)

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
Hey You Again...

I guessing 14 is too young to know about the WALTONS...

These are the Waltons I was talking about...

Waltons.jpg

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
vodreaux said:

I doubt if you got any of this information from investigating for yourself but are probably repeating what you have been told by others who probably have a vested interested in bad-mouthing the Waltons.

Wal*Mart is the largest, most successful retailer in the world and is non-union. When that happens the unions that would like to be involved start a smear campaign to try to get public support for their cause. So far Wal*Mart employees have turned down unions.

Before you continue your smear compaign I would suggest you write or call the Wal*Mart coporate office and ask them the questions you want answered.

As far as wages are concerned they pay as much as McDonalds or any other fast food chain and no one is forcing anyone to work for whatever it is Wal*Mart pays. And Wal*Mart has many employees who have worked their way into supervisory and management positions who have been with the company for many years.

Upvote 0

Topaz

Dec 14, 2004
Angels Camp
✟11,662.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[BIBLE]Matthew 7:1-6[/BIBLE]

This states not to hypocritically judge another. Well, we must DISCERN others because ...

[BIBLE]Matthew 7:16[/BIBLE]

... we should not get tangled up with them if they are not right with God.

It seems like almost everyone gets this all mixed up. :sigh:

Upvote 0

Godslilgurlalways

Supporter
Oct 19, 2005
Earth now heaven later
✟44,865.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Zzub said:
Hey You Again...

I guessing 14 is too young to know about the WALTONS...

These are the Waltons I was talking about...

I think I may be too young I don't think I have seen them (like on tv or anything before:)God Bess you indeed:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
The Net is repleat with dirt on Wal Mart. Just Google up "Wal Mart sucks" and have yourself a good read. What Wal Mart really does in my opinion is kill competition and has put under many mom and pop out of business. I shop at local businesses if at all possible and if I have to "buy corporate" Wal Mart is dead last on my list. ;) Investing in local businesses by actually *shopping* at them is very important to any local economy.

I used to go to Wal Mart quite often even if I didn't need anything. I'd almost just go to hang out. I'm glad I woke up!

Upvote 0

Just Me Garry

Feb 5, 2005
Arkansas
✟1,625.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Maybe one needs to work for them and then you will find out. I have worked for them before and I saw a lot of ungodly profanity while working for ISD at the GO.

I believe there are a lot of good people who work for Wal-Mart both Christian and non-Christian, but the company is just in it for the money. I know for fact becasue I had worked for them and was worked to death and could not get any help when I asked for it.

BTW- Stacy Walton was fired from Wal-Mart. So just because your a Walton that does not mean anything. I know that for fact. I guess he fired me and then got fired himself.

I do not have much use for Wal-Mart as I believe they are going to be part of this Beast system. Like I said I worked at the corporate office and I know first hand how stuff goes on there.

I will be attacked for speaking this truth, but I am going to speak it anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

madison1101

Senior Veteran
Sep 17, 2004
Pennsylvania
✟5,939.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
vodreaux said:
vodreaux said:

I do not shop at WalMart because the AFL-CIO has asked union members to boycott both WalMart and Sam's Clubs because of the way they treat their employees.

My son also told me that they do not contribute to charities, nor do they support their employees in medical emergencies.

They also destroy the economies of the small towns they are in.

All in all, the company is a perfect example of corporate evil in America. Capitalism at its worst.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
madison1101 said:

I do not shop at WalMart because the AFL-CIO has asked union members to boycott both WalMart and Sam's Clubs because of the way they treat their employees.

My son also told me that they do not contribute to charities, nor do they support their employees in medical emergencies.

They also destroy the economies of the small towns they are in.

All in all, the company is a perfect example of corporate evil in America. Capitalism at its worst.
Ditto to post #17! I went to Wal-Mart to get a couple pics made and I felt all weird. I hadn't been there for a while. I think I made a quick stop there a year before to pick up a kids coat to give to a charity drive. There's irony! ; )

Upvote 0

revrobor

Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
Checotah, OK
Visit site
✟13,495.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

That's the big lie. The AFL-CIO doesn't want you to shop there because Wal*Mart is non-union and the AFL-CIO cannot make any money off Wal*Mart employees. I was an AFL-CIO member for 25 years so I'm familiar with their tactics.

Upvote 0

KingZzub

Blessed to Be A Blessing
Dec 23, 2005
Dagenham
Visit site
✟19,473.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Conservative
revrobor said:
That's the big lie. The AFL-CIO doesn't want you to shop there because Wal*Mart is non-union and the AFL-CIO cannot make any money off Wal*Mart employees. I was an AFL-CIO member for 25 years so I'm familiar with their tactics.

Sounds like the unions to me...

Of course, people hate and attack success... it is the human way...

Not God's way though...

Upvote 0