Rhye

Legend
Mar 29, 2010
✟43,006.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
She was very proud of being Russian and thought that she was oh so very awesome and sexy because of it.

You know how when someone is acting vain and makes them look ugly?
That's what she was like.

I was trying to be her friend. She thought it would make her look better if she played the "mean girl", instead it earned her a swift kick out the door.

I don't know if there is anything wrong with being proud of who you are. Also, that sounds like it might have been a personality problem not nationality issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
E

Edwards1984

I don't know if there is anything wrong with being proud of who you are. Also, that sounds like it might have been a personality problem not nationality issue.

It most likely was a personality issue. In that regard, there is a difference between being proud of who you are, and being prideful of who you are. For example, I am proud to be an American. However, I do not use that trait of myself to lord it over others or act superior.

Upvote 0

white dove

(she's a) maniac
Jan 23, 2004
Out there, livin'
✟49,357.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
It most likely was a personality issue. In that regard, there is a difference between being proud of who you are, and being prideful of who you are. For example, I am proud to be an American. However, I do not use that trait of myself to lord it over others or act superior.

Yes. YES.

Also, I am suddenly reminded of all of those Aren't British People Great?, Aren't Mexican People Great?, Aren't Aussies Great?, Aren't Americans Great?, Aren't Zombies Who Eat Aliens Great? etc etc. threads.

Upvote 0

Daughter of Ararat

Yeshua's Rose of Hayastan
May 4, 2010
✟9,539.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Yes. YES.

Also, I am suddenly reminded of all of those Aren't British People Great?, Aren't Mexican People Great?, Aren't Aussies Great?, Aren't Americans Great?, Aren't Zombies Who Eat Aliens Great? etc etc. threads.
Uh, zombies who eat aliens are great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
*real talk moment here*

It's a double-edged sword. There are a lot of attractive Russian women out there, but at the same time the plight of the Russian woman does not cater well to the male appetite.

Let me elaborate on that. Russia and its former satellites are very poor on a local level. This means that, as you have probably seen on TV or even in a movie, there is a lot of human trafficking going on. Which means a lot of Russian women are in the sex industry.

Now what does that mean for the normal, red-blooded American man? inappropriate contentography. White (and not-so-white) men prefer white women. Since getting like regular white women to basically be humiliated for money is pretty hard, these poor Russian women fill up the slack. This means that the "gloss" (attractive women that men look over because of inappropriate contentography) tend to have a Slavic origin.

So what this means is that even though Russian women are attractive, their attractiveness is precisely the reason why they are being discounted.

Well the oldest profession in the world shows no signs of a slow down, even in recessions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nom De Guerre

Who amongst you doesn't see life as permanent?
May 6, 2005
Location, Location.
✟39,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I hate to sound like a humorless prude but am I the only one who finds threads about the sexual attractiveness of various ethnic groups disturbing? What's going on here? What are the motivations for these threads?

Pft, look at her everybody. She asks questions.

Clearly this was an offshoot of Rebecca Black's doing, her lyrics say that everybody is Russian; duh, winning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.