Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Revelation 13:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

The vatican is not a man.

The words on the Popes hat = 666

VICARIUS FILII DEI

666.jpg

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The names and numbers I gave you relate to specific government entities and ideologies represented by a succession of SIX men.

So the number is 666, not 6666.

666 is not the mark of six men. John cited one individual.

Revelation 13:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
Here is wisdom. Let him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man: His number is 666.

Do your homework from reading the bible, not history books on America Russia and the Vatican.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the Christians are not raptured before the tribulation, will they not be beheaded when the beast takes control?

I'm pretrib. Your answer is in Revelation 20:4. Read the bible and find your answers there, not digging the internet for nonsense like the info you posted below to find out what 666 means.

VICARIUS FILII DEI

666.jpg

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So do you wanna share your thoughts on who the beast is?

You cannot have the mark of the beast before the beast comes on the scene. The beast comes first then the mark.

Revelation 13:16 New King James Version (NKJV)
He causes all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hand or on their foreheads,

The conundrum is this:

1/ There are billions of Christians today.
2/ The mark of the beast is a sure ticket to hell.
3/ Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

So, what about the Christians? Are they still here? Are they already raptured? If they are still here, what happens to them when they cannot buy or sell, work, travel....??
If they are not here, then, all would mean ALL would take the number, except the 144 thousand converted Jews. Right?

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretrib. Your answer is in Revelation 20:4. Read the bible and find your answers there, not digging the internet for nonsense like the info you posted below to find out what 666 means.

VICARIUS FILII DEI

666.jpg

I am pre-trib too, for this exact reason.

As for the 666 of the popes hat.... there are soooo many things that people have came up with that show a sum or product of 666 that it just goes to show that we don't know who it is. The Antichrist will be revealed when the time is right and it is too late for the world.

Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
666 is not the mark of six men. John cited one individual.

Wrong again. The Books of 1 and 2 John are all over the place. The antichrist is described variously as relating to a specific individual, who is also mentioned in Daniel and Matthew 24 and is called the "Abomination of Desolation". 1 John also refers to the "antichrist" as a spirit, (! John 2:18, 4:2-3) and 2 John 2:18 refers to many (multiple) antichrists who are in the world at the Time of the End.

You would have done better to reference 2 Thessalonians which only speaks about the antichrist in "singular" form, (2 Thess. 2:1-4 and 2:7-10), which was written by the Apostle Paul.

The Revelation also mentions (multiple) two principle antichrist figures, the Beast and the False Prophet who are both thrown alive and together into the Lake of Fire at the Final Judgment, (Revelation 19:20).

And again. Please do your homework (and read your Bible) before making nonsensical posts.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Like I said, the 666 beast system (of the Cold War era) is history.

The first beast system rises out of the "sea" (a metaphor commonly used in the Bible for some part of humanity) and is composed of ten kingdoms represented by ten horns, (Revelation 13:1).

This prophecy was fulfilled in 1947 when the Iron Curtain fell across Eastern Europe and the ten kingdoms of the Soviet empire became the East Bloc.

They were the Soviet Union, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, East Germany, Romania, Albania, Yugoslavia and the Roman Catholic population of Eastern Europe representing the Vatican State. Count'em (ten kingdoms) !

Go back and read the Book of Daniel, and you'll see where this beast system is composed of "iron" and "miry clay". The "Iron" is self evident (Stalinism) and "miry clay" is described in Psalm 40:2 as "infirm" spiritual beliefs, like a theocratic form of Christianity manifest by the Vatican State.

Daniel goes on to say the "Iron and miry clay" are mixed together, but they do not cleave to one another.. That sounds like a pretty accurate description of the historic clash between the RCC and Stalinism in Eastern Europe during the Cold War era, don't you think ?

Revelation 17:17 goes on to say these ten kingdoms will give their "power and authority unto the beast, until the Words of God are fulfilled. The Soviet Union, East Germany, Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia no longer exist. The Stalinist regimes of Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania. Albania, and Poland were all toppled. Only the Vatican State remains and has a special destiny in store (Revelation 18).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

stephen583

Jan 12, 2016
Salt lake City, UT
✟24,201.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
However, this first beast with ten horns is not the last beast mentioned in Bible Prophecy. This is the beast having two horns like a lamb, that speaks as a dragon and is seen rising out of the earth, (Revelation 13:11).

The word "earth" as it's used in the Bible has no metaphorical meaning.. It literally means "terra firma" (the ground beneath your feet). It could also refer to some "part of the earth" with regard to a certain culture, or people, or all the earth in the entire world, which may either refer to the "known world", or the entire planet, depending on how you interpret it.

In 2012, the threat of Climate Change grows exponentially by the day, (which kind'a relates to the Earth, doesn't it ?) and a global treaty is being pushed by the Vatican), when the "deadly wound" of the Cold War era first beast is "healed" as Vladimir Putin promises to restore Russia to its' former glory and resurrect the Soviet Union (Revelation 13:3).

Next thing you know, Washington "wonders after the beast" pushing the Paris Climate Change Accord and finds a new (ally ?) Russia in the "War on Terror" ! Only to be played by Putin and Russia.. and the second Cold War era begins.

"Who is like the beast, and who is able to make war with him" ?

Coincidence ? That's an awful lot of coincidence, don't you think ???

Seems to me you have a lot more to think about than some "electronic" chip..

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
However, this first beast with ten horns is not the last beast mentioned in Bible Prophecy. This is the beast having two horns like a lamb, that speaks as a dragon and is seen rising out of the earth, (Revelation 13:11).

The word "earth" as it's used in the Bible has no metaphorical meaning.. It literally means "terra firma" (the ground beneath your feet). It could also refer to some "part of the earth" with regard to a certain culture, or people, or all the earth in the entire world, which may either refer to the "known world", or the entire planet, depending on how you interpret it.

In 2012, the threat of Climate Change grows exponentially by the day, (which kind'a relates to the Earth, doesn't it ?) and a global treaty is being pushed by the Vatican), when the "deadly wound" of the Cold War era first beast is "healed" as Vladimir Putin promises to restore Russia to its' former glory and resurrect the Soviet Union (Revelation 13:3).

Next thing you know, Washington "wonders after the beast" pushing the Paris Climate Change Accord and finds a new (ally ?) Russia in the "War on Terror" ! Only to be played by Putin and Russia.. and the second Cold War era begins.

"Who is like the beast, and who is able to make war with him" ?

Coincidence ? That's an awful lot of coincidence, don't you think ???

Seems to me you have a lot more to think about than some "electronic" chip..
When has anyone needed a mark in order to buy or sell?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know but not all things in The Holy Bible or in our heads are true. I have tested visions and many did not come true. I have tested prayers and many did not come true even after saying Our Father. However I do believe GOD above all others! I believe GOD is the only perfect entity who came down being Jesus Christ 2017 years ago! Only GOD would go to his death willfully and for free for all our sins. I have tested my "bravery" and I would NOT die for no reason at all. I have families I want to live for. I have people I care about. So I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe being on the side of Jesus Christ is better because I have tested both sides.

Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Depends on what you mean by force. I'm guessing you mean strapping someone to a table and physically injecting a microchip into their hand? Sure, that's possible, but it's both unnecessary and unrealistic.

The other kind of force is more abstract; an engineered situation in which people have been taught to believe that they have no other choice but to buy and sell if they want to put food on the table, pay the bills, care for their family etc.

If we talk about Jesus' teachings on working for love vs money and the things money can buy, you'll quickly see this engineering come to the surface. People will say things like, "But we can't live without money", "money makes the world go round", "we'd all starve", "the world would fall to chaos" etc. After thousands of years of manipulation, we've come to firmly believe that we cannot survive without buying and selling, which means when the Mark comes, there will be a lot of panic.

People who have never considered what it means to seek God's kingdom first won't know what to do without buying and selling because they've rarely, if ever, been encouraged to believe that something outside of the monetary system is impossible.

These people will feel forced into making a decision, and their reliance on buying and selling will almost certainly cause them to come up with an array of convenient doctrines to legitimize their choice to continue with buying and selling.

I disagree. Plus, you completely ignored commenting on my comparison of the metaphorical mark of Yahweh in Exodus with the mark found in Revelation 13. Either way, Revelation 14:9-11 states, "If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."

Worshiping the beast and receiving the mark are directly correlated here. You cannot do one without the other. Those with the mark will not be saved from God's eternal wrath. What does the very next verse say? Revelation 14:12, "Here is a call for the endurance of the saints, those who keep the commandments of God and their faith in Jesus." To avoid eternal damnation and the mark, one must be saved by the work of Christ on the cross.

If this is true, how can the mark be identified with something physical if the antithetical position is immaterial - keeping commandments of God and having faith in Jesus?

I'm not saying that the global economy wont be controlled by the Antichrist or that faithful Christians wont find it difficult to survive in this economy. I'm just saying the mark is not physical.

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Sealed:

G4972
σφραγίζω
sphragizō
sfrag-id'-zo
From G4973; to stamp (with a signet or private mark) for security or preservation (literally or figuratively); by implication to keep secret, to attest: - (set a, set to) seal up, stop.

mark:

G5480
χάραγμα
charagma
khar'-ag-mah
From the same as G5482; a scratch or etching, that is, stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue): - graven, mark.

I think it's noteworthy to compare the seal of God and the mark of the beast as they are similar IMO. I don't believe the sealing is a literal "stamp" so I see the mark as being a counterfeit type of a sealing and would likewise not be a literal "stamp".

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Plus, you completely ignored commenting on my comparison of the metaphorical mark of Yahweh in Exodus with the mark found in Revelation 13.

Ahh, sorry about that. Not ignored. Triage. It's an interesting point and I do have what I think is a pretty reasonable interpretation for it, but recently I've been trying to keep my posts shorter. Let me know if there is any point in particular you'd prefer I to respond to.

Anyway, the spiritual vs the physical was an important theme for Jesus. He repeatedly reminded his disciples to be wary of materialism, even to the point that basic necessities like food and clothing should be questioned. "Humans do not live by bread alone". Our bodies are designed to function on food, but food doesn't give it life. It's pretty easy to lose sight of that over time which is exactly what the Mark of the Beast will gauge on a global scale.

The Mark represents trust in materialism; buying and selling for our daily bread. It makes sense that this Mark will be physical, as a counterfeit to God's spiritual. We've been groomed for a long time to believe that we can't live without the physical. Greed and fear are two of our most dominant weaknesses when it comes to the physical world, incredibly easy to exploit. This manipulation was so effective that Jesus spent huge portions of his life addressing it.

For the Beast to abandoned thousands of years of consistent strategy right at the last minute for some vague concept of "thoughts in your head" as the Mark makes no sense.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
mark:

G5480
χάραγμα
charagma
khar'-ag-mah
From the same as G5482; a scratch or etching, that is, stamp (as a badge of servitude), or sculptured figure (statue): - graven, mark.

I thought one of the more (if not the most) common interpretations was that of agreement, which I think goes back to the idea of choosing sides. God or money.

Also, I think it makes sense that John used a vague word like "mark" in the first place because he did not recognize what he was seeing. Sculpted figures, etchings, cattle branding, scars, stamps, and tattoos would have all been familiar to John. Those things already existed and he would have used the appropriate word if that's what he saw.

Instead, he witnessed something unfamiliar so he used a word which had a pretty broad range of meanings. But he did recognize that whatever it was, it was responsible for controlling buying and selling.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tienkhoanguyen

non-denominational Christian
Dec 17, 2016
Houston, TX
✟1,815.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I don't know! I did something really wrong a long time ago. I've seen microchips implanted into animals (I actually saw the part where they scan the animal and the numbers came up on the computer and that was pretty advanced stuffs and was surprising). I might have a microchip myself since my past put me away into a mental ward where I have to take pills now. When you are under you don't know what is around you!!! You wake up 8 hours later and thought it is strange except the night has turned into morning sunrise. So I could be considered a member of the mark of the beast since I did trespass to that point.

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I might have a microchip myself

Remember what the prophecy lists as the purpose of the Mark; to control buying and selling. Just having a microchip in your body doesn't equate to having the Mark. God is pretty smart and he's able to discern the heart in a way no one else can.

It works the other way, too. People can be guilty of "taking" the Mark without ever getting anything in their body. For example, one theory I've heard of on how to get around the Mark is for one person to take it, and then that one person will care for 5 other people who do not take the Mark, with the idea being that the one who takes it is laying their life down for the others (which in turn means that God will save them for their sacrifice).

But God isn't stupid. Those people depending on the one who took the Mark are still depending on the Mark, even if they didn't take it into their own body. God won't be fooled by technicalities. He cares about motivations and loyalty.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Wrong again. The Books of 1 and 2 John are all over the place. The antichrist is described variously as relating to a specific individual,

You might want to take your head out of the sand first before accusing others being wrong when the last 4 posts you wrote were specifically addressing the mark of the beast, not the beast himself. There's a difference.

If you forgotten already, go back and look at your last 4 posts, you practically plastered 666 everywhere.

The other things is, 666 is only found in one verse in the book of Revelation 13:18. This is not speaking about the same antichrist described in the books of 1st and 2nd John. There's also a difference here too, which amazes me that you don't understand the differences as this is basic elementary Sunday School material.

You would have done better to reference 2 Thessalonians which only speaks about the antichrist in "singular" form, (2 Thess. 2:1-4 and 2:7-10), which was written by the Apostle Paul.

If you want to change the subject and now argue about who the antichrist is, you would have done much better referencing the book of Daniel and other old testament prophecies as Paul isn't the expert on the antichrist. Paul's specialty is on the rapture of the church.

Dan 8:25. . . He shall stand up against the Prince of princes.
Dan 11:36 . . . He shall exalt himself above every god.
Dan 7:25 . . . Times and laws shall be given into his hand.
Dan 8:9 . . . He shall wax exceeding great.
Dan 8:24 . . . His power shall be mighty. . . . He shall destroy wonderfully.
Dan 11:36 . . . He shall do according to his will.
Dan 11:40 . . . He shall enter into the countries and overflow.
Dan 11:42 . . . He shall stretch forth his hand upon the countries.
Dan 8:11 . . . He will take away the daily sacrifice.
Dan 11:45. . . He will plant the tabernacles of his palace on the glorious holy mountain.
Dan 7:20. . . "The Horn that has eyes," as denoting intelligence and strength.
Dan 8:25a . . . By peace he shall destroy many.
Dan 8:25b . . . He shall be broken without hand.
Dan 9:27 . . . He (the Prince that shall come) shall confirm the covenant with many.
Dan 8:11 . . . He shall take away the daily sacrifice.
Dan 9:27 . . . He shall cause the sacrifice to cease.
Dan 8:19 . . . He shall prosper in the latter end of the indignation.
Dan 9:27 . . . till that determined is poured on the desolator.
Dan 8:9 . . . . He waxes great towards the pleasant land.
Dan 11:41 . . . He enters into the glorious land.
Dan 8:17 . . . At the time of the end shall be the vision.
Dan 9:40, 41 . . . At the time of the end shall he enter.
Dan 8:19, 24 . . . He prospers in the last end of the indignation.
Dan 11:36a. . . . He shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods.
Dan 11:36b . . . . . He shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished.
Dan 7:25 He shall speak great words against the Most High.
Dan 7:25 He shall change times and laws.
Dan 11:37, 38 . . . He shall not regard the God of his fathers, but honour another.
Dan 7:22 He shall continue until the saints possess the kingdom.

One does not understand prophecy unless they have a grasp of the old testament.

The Revelation also mentions (multiple) two principle antichrist figures, the Beast and the False Prophet who are both thrown alive and together into the Lake of Fire at the Final Judgment, (Revelation 19:20).

Nope, you missed it again.

You left out this character found in Revelation 12:9, Revelation 12:12, Revelation 16:13, Revelation 20:2.

How in the world can you miss the devil? He's the baddest of all the baddies, the worst of the worst, the Antichrist of all antichrist.

Revelation 12:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
So the great dragon was cast out, that serpent of old, called the Devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was cast to the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 12:12 New King James Version (NKJV)
Therefore rejoice, O heavens, and you who dwell in them! Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and the sea! For the devil has come down to you, having great wrath, because he knows that he has a short time.”

Plus you missed the timing of when the a/c and false prophet are casted into the lake of fire. This doesn't happen at the final judgement. The final judgement is still 1000 years away.

And again. Please do your homework (and read your Bible) before making nonsensical posts.

After what you wrote above? LOL!!!

Please stop. It's too funny. Read the old testament.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
As for the 666 of the popes hat.... there are soooo many things that people have came up with that show a sum or product of 666 that it just goes to show that we don't know who it is. The Antichrist will be revealed when the time is right and it is too late for the world.

Here read this. The a/c is revealed after Jesus destroys him. By then, the tribulation will be almost over and the whole world will know who he was.

No need to try and figure out when it'll happen as Paul already showed us, he'll be revealed when Christ comes.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming.

2 Thessalonians 2:8 Good News Translation (GNT)
Then the Wicked One will be revealed, but when the Lord Jesus comes, he will kill him with the breath from his mouth and destroy him with his dazzling presence.

And I wouldn't exactly say nobody knows. Many people do know because not everyone's knowledge of prophecy is at the same level. Some know more than others, some know less and others know nothing. Those who does the will of God will be given more to serve His purpose.

Matthew 13:12 NLT
To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge. But for those who are not listening, even what little understanding they have will be taken away from them.

Matthew 25:29 NLT
To those who use well what they are given, even more will be given, and they will have an abundance. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

Luke 19:26 NLT

"'Yes,' the king replied, 'and to those who use well what they are given, even more will be given. But from those who do nothing, even what little they have will be taken away.

The prophecies of the a/c is given in many old testament prophecies revealing who he is. If God doesn't want some to know, we won't have prophecies about his identity as found in the book of Daniel. Plus some Christian have spiritual gifts, not all. Some have the gift of prophecy to help them understand prophecies better than others.

1 Corinthians 13:2 NLT
If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God's secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn't love others, I would be nothing.

John 16:13 NLT
When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future.

Compare yourself to a new Christian with no knowledge of prophecy. Do you think he knows as much as you? Not everyone is at the same level and should not view everyone in the same boat.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The conundrum is this:

1/ There are billions of Christians today.
2/ The mark of the beast is a sure ticket to hell.
3/ Revelation 13:16
And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

So, what about the Christians? Are they still here? Are they already raptured? If they are still here, what happens to them when they cannot buy or sell, work, travel....??
If they are not here, then, all would mean ALL would take the number, except the 144 thousand converted Jews. Right?

Your answer is right here.

Revelation 13:8 New King James Version (NKJV)
All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

It's not all when 144,000 are not worshipping him.

It's not all when he has to go to war against many nations during his 42 month reign. If it's all as in the whole world, there would not be a great tribulation during the 2nd half of the tribulation. The world would be at peace under one ruler during his 42 months.

It's all who chose to follow and worship him. Not 90% of his followers, not 95%, not 99%, but all his followers. He will cause them all to take a mark in allegiance to him.

Upvote 0