Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Eh, I don't find this convincing and even you get into how the placement will really not matter.

No, I suggested that from a monetary, banking point of view it will be more efficient and more secure to standardize the location of the chip. Most of the world is right handed and the hand is the most swipe-accessable appendage on the body.

I suggested that there will almost certainly be exceptions and that the forehead will make-do as an alternative for circumstances like amputees. Or, perhaps the forehead will be reserved for a governmental or social status issue, or maybe just as an issue of vanity.

Right hand or forehead. I don't see how you got, "you said the placement won't really matter".

Tech already is closer to not needing a chip to be in any certain place but can be scanned no matter where it is.

Sure, it's possible to scan a chip no matter where it's put on the body, but why is that even an issue here? The prophecy says there are two possible locations. I gave some reasons for why those locations make sense in real-world practical terms. What did you think of those reasons?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Right hand or forehead. I don't see how you got, "you said the placement won't really matter".

Oh...looks like you mistyped:

It also makes sense that at some point, for security and efficiency, that the new tech will become standardized, meaning that the locations in which the chip can be placed will be limited so that people can put them in their feet, or bottoms just to be silly.

I now see you meant CAN'T

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Rev_13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

It could also be the plain and simple money.

Mark = cash or physical money, coins, paper money, etc. From the Greek of
χάραγμα "Mark" means printed, engraved...sounds like cash eh?

Name of the beast = the beast could represent the money system, in this case, it could be the name of the bank or the card holder.

Number of his name = transaction number OR account number OR credit card number.

Everyone, keep in mind that a prophecy may not be interpreted literally. If these came from visions, then St. John might have witnessed a modern transaction.

Indeed, you cannot buy nor sell today without cash or without an account number and bank name.

Equally using a credit card (if online) requires a name and number in the transaction.

Someone might hate me for suggesting money......but when such time comes and I'm wrong in my interpretation, then you won't be able to buy nor sell either....

So if someone didn't liked what I said here, you will likely take the mark.... This is both a test and I'm also forwarding a different but entirely possible interpretation. The deception will be so huge even the elect will be deceived....

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

prophecy link in my profile!
Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It also makes sense that at some point, for security and efficiency, that the new tech will become standardized, meaning that the locations in which the chip can be placed will be limited so that people can put them in their feet, or bottoms just to be silly.

I now see you meant CAN'T

Yes, thank you for spotting the typo. Does that change your response in any way?

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. The mark of the beast is not technology related IMO.

You may be right, but the Mark will be used to control buying and selling. That's proabably the most objective evidence we can hope for. All we have to do is keep our eyes open to any circumstance in which buying and selling is combined with the right hand or forehead.

Microchip implants fit this criteria perfectly.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I first heard of these chips and the link to the mark of the beast 20-25 years ago before i was a Christian along with a few other things. For example, the bible tells us that the number of the beast is 666. Did you know the double lines at the beginning, centre and end of a bar code are the same lines as for number 6? The conspiracy theoryists who told me this claimed the mark, or barcode, will be etched on people. Their view was people will have it on their hand and those that refuse it will have it forceably inserted in their head.

You also need to consider Revelation 7:2-3 which says the angel with the seal of God seals the servants of God on their foreheads. It says this is the 144,000 from the tribes of Israel and then goes on to say about the multitude from the tribulation saying "Salvation belongs to our God" before the throne of God. I think this may mean these events are after the rapture so all who have received salvation will have been taken up to heaven already.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TurtleAnne

Dec 25, 2016
Michigan U.S.
✟20,919.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It could also be the plain and simple money.

Mark = cash or physical money, coins, paper money, etc. From the Greek of
χάραγμα "Mark" means printed, engraved...sounds like cash eh?

Name of the beast = the beast could represent the money system, in this case, it could be the name of the bank or the card holder.

Number of his name = transaction number OR account number OR credit card number.

Everyone, keep in mind that a prophecy may not be interpreted literally. If these came from visions, then St. John might have witnessed a modern transaction.

Indeed, you cannot buy nor sell today without cash or without an account number and bank name.

Equally using a credit card (if online) requires a name and number in the transaction.

Someone might hate me for suggesting money......but when such time comes and I'm wrong in my interpretation, then you won't be able to buy nor sell either....

So if someone didn't liked what I said here, you will likely take the mark.... This is both a test and I'm also forwarding a different but entirely possible interpretation. The deception will be so huge even the elect will be deceived....

I don't know what the mark of the beast is or is going to be, but I agree with you to at least some extent that there will probably be a lot of deception involved, because it is hard for me to imagine most of the world accepting an obvious mark of the beast, as has been written about in prophecy thousands of years ago, in the most widespread religion on Earth. Does that make sense? Like if some government came out and was like, "Everyone take this chip into your hand or forehead, or else you won't be able to buy or sell anything," just seems like the entire world would flip out like THATS THE MARK OF THE BEAST and then it would confirm the prophecy as true, and so then why would ANYBODY take the mark??? That is just so difficult to even imagine, but then at the same time, it was God's will that the people would execute Jesus, and the crowds also made no sense whatsoever in choosing to release a murderer over Jesus, so there is also that.

Upvote 0

GirdYourLoins

Nov 27, 2016
Brighton, UK
✟122,682.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The other thing about these chips is the impact they will have on crime. They can be used for tracking the person already, so there is a clear human rights issue and criminals will certainly not want something that can be used to prove they were at the scene of a crime. Maybe this is how they will convince people they have to have it, or maybe it will be sold as a technology upgrade. Maybe mobile phones will move on to be these chips instead. The "mark" in the forehead could be the ultimate hands free phone - people would rush to get that.

Also the vicitims of robbery would have to have their hands cut off or cut open. Criminals will always find a way to duplicate them as well. We already have electronic pickpocket programmes that criminals use to scan for mobile phones with Apple Pay or similar contactless payment functions active and copy the details so they can use them to buy thing. They will develop programmes that will be able to scan these chips as well.

Upvote 0

Jonathan Mathews

Dec 5, 2015
Indianapolis
✟33,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi all. The video is roughly 6 minutes long. The title is fairly self-explanatory. I look forward to hearing what others think.

No, a microchip is not necessarily the Mark of the Beast. The Mark is the 3 symbols John wrote on the scroll that Jesus gave him on Patmos Island, and all the earliest manuscripts and church fathers agree.

This is the Mark of the Beast:
images - Google Search
(It's 600+60+60 in Greek or the "Bismallah" in Arabic)

God has personally confirmed this to me by having me live with a demon possessed man who was given this Mark by Satan (his own words) in the flesh of his right hand, between his right forefinger and thumb. Therefore, I personally know people taking this Mark ("Xes") as well as "666". The Mark is real, and if you take it you will burn eternally in the Lake of Fire, but you cannot get it if you have the Seal of God. The man of sin is coming soon, and so is Jesus Christ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The Seal of God is placed on those that keep the Commandments of God and have the faith of Jesus Christ, which is the spirit of prophesy. Satan only counterfeits what God does so the mark will be related to anti worship.... those that don't keep the Commandments.
Remember Jesus said, if you love Me keep my Commandments, so those that receive the mark will show their disloyalty to God (antiworship) by not doing as He has asked.
There is only one Commandment that is not being universally kept by those that profess Christ. it is the one that connects Creative power to God, the one thing Satan cannot counterfeit.

Upvote 0

Psalm3704

And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Aug 10, 2015
✟7,925.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
@Endtime Survivors,

You can stick 100 chips in your body but it's no different than someone putting any other objects in their own body such as an artificial heart, a pacemaking, metal screws and plates, a needle. God doesn't send people to hell for implanting medical devices like these to improve one's life.

I've mentioned it to you before, it's a person's allegiance and belief of who they wish to follow as their god.

If you choose to follow allah over Yahweh and accept a mark that indicates your faith, that is your mark of the beast. It's a person's freewill, their choice and God will not force them to accept Him but to deliver them to who they wish to follow.

The physical mark is what you see below, the arabic bismillah.

images - Google Search

:oldthumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟299,619.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Everyone take this chip into your hand or forehead, or else you won't be able to buy or sell anything," just seems like the entire world would flip out like THATS THE MARK OF THE BEAST and then it would confirm the prophecy as true, and so then why would ANYBODY take the mark???

I would imagine even if that is the case, many Christians would actually take the mark...

Imagine life without money. Many will take the bait.

Upvote 0

Phillip Huffman

Kingdom Technologist
Dec 27, 2016
San Antonio, TX
✟14,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Peace,

Apply scripture with reason and let your fears be put to rest concerning technology.

Consider, the scripture refers to a mark, which it identifies as having an identifiable shape such as the name of the beast. We're discussing something visible, probably on the surface.

In the God-less world you are discussing the majority of people either have already willingly followed the beast or are deciding to do so. It makes good sense in this horrible time for the beast's followers to want to be able to identify both fellow disciples of the beast and also those who do not conform.
To make things difficult for the few who obey God, and perhaps to encourage co-operation and obedience from the yet-undecided (and seal their doom), the command is put forth that all should receive a mark to identify themselves with the beast and that all merchants identify their customers as having the mark.

The mark doesn't need to be a piece of technology of any kind, a simple branding or tattooing would be sufficient to identify and would be ideal. You don't need electricity or anything man-made to see a visible skin mark while with RFID or any other electronic tech, you need equipment, which given the state of things in those times, is probably frequently unavailable.

You have nothing spiritual to fear from Radio-Frequency IDentification (RFID) technology.
It's not the devil's work.

That being said, do be wise. Do seek useful knowledge and understanding. RFID has had some inherent security problems that made it not suitable for certain applications. Unless an improvement has been made, it's still far too vulnerable for a basis of positive identification.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,656.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe, that in this day and age, with crime the way it is, theft and scamming.... when the technology is introduced, to remove the need of paper money and coins, bank cards and credit cards with PINs, money orders, whatever..... this will be marketed as a way to track all your funds. Nobody will be able to steal from you as you will be the only one with your bank access.

People will beg to be marked. All your possessions could be logged and then everyone in a system.... no body could possess stolen goods, steal anything, scam anything. And, no plastic, no paper, no wallets... nothing.

It will be a mark of some sort. It will be mandatory on the hand or forehead. It will be a sign of devotion to the beast, a sign of allegiance. It will be visible and easily displayed for government and military recognition.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,348.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, a microchip is not necessarily the Mark of the Beast. The Mark is the 3 symbols John wrote on the scroll that Jesus gave him on Patmos Island, and all the earliest manuscripts and church fathers agree.

images - Google Search

God has personally confirmed this to me by having me live with a demon possessed man who was given this Mark by Satan (his own words) in the flesh of his right hand, between his right forefinger and thumb. Therefore, I personally know people taking this Mark ("Xes") as well as "666". The Mark is real, and if you take it you will burn eternally in the Lake of Fire, but you cannot get it if you have the Seal of God. The man of sin is coming soon, and so is Jesus Christ

just randomly trolling the internet looking up "XES" (the greek 'x' , 'chi'/ E, 'xi'/ and sigma S) because in the US "X" is very prominent in propaganda here with 'X- men' and the stylized "S" , the stigma , is actually the 'S' on Superman's chest. Anyhoo found some ... weird stuff out of Malaysia, just a random woman's blog about a shoe store in a mall 5 Little Angels: XES's Tales of Olympus Collection with Classic and Rich Grecian Tales

xstigma.png

one eye symbol, the 666 hand symbol, the XES... it's all out in the open for anyone to see whats going on

Upvote 0

Fere222

...Love each other... ‭‭~John‬ ‭13:34‬ ‭
Jul 25, 2016
USA
✟18,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
I think the RFID chip could possibly be "the mark". Of course, no one knows for certain at this time. I believe that Christians will KNOW the mark of the beast when it comes into play. By refusing the mark, you will not be able to buy or sell, you will not be able to buy food or other items you need or your family needs. By taking the mark you are essentially rejecting God.

Revelation‬ ‭14:9-10‬
“Then a third angel followed them, shouting, “Anyone who worships the beast and his statue or who accepts his mark on the forehead or on the hand must drink the wine of God’s anger. It has been poured full strength into God’s cup of wrath. And they will be tormented with fire and burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and the Lamb.”
‭‭ ‭

Upvote 0

Endtime Survivors

Apr 4, 2016
Africa
Visit site
✟30,738.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You can stick 100 chips in your body but it's no different than someone putting any other objects in their own body

Depends on the context. The Mark prophecy isn't just about "sticking chips in the body". It's about demonstrating loyalty. People who depend on the Beast for their daily bread will show their loyalty by taking the Mark so that they may continue buying and selling.

People who trust God for their daily bread will refuse the Mark, even though it will mean a harder life for them in a world which is controlled via a monetary system which has very little sympathy for the poor. The 3 key criteria used when describing the Mark is that it will be global (i.e. rich/poor, free/slave, small/great), that it will be on/in the right hand or forehead, and that it will be used to control buying and selling (i.e. if you don't take it, you can't buy/sell).

When trying to formulate a theory about what the Mark of the Beast may be, we should keep those criteria firmly in mind.

such as an artificial heart, a pacemaking, metal screws and plates, a needle.

None of which matches the criteria.

I've mentioned it to you before, it's a person's allegiance and belief of who they wish to follow as their god.

And on this we agree, but the essence of concepts like "allegiance" and "belief" can only be recognized through behavior, or as James said, we only know Abraham had faith because he acted on that faith. A decision to either take, or reject a "mark" on the hand so that one may continue to buy/sell is a choice which will reflect allegiance; the Beasts' system of fear and worry for food and clothing, or God's system of seeking his Kingdom first?

Remember when Jesus talked about serving two masters? He said God is one master, and the other is mammon (money and the things money can buy). And Paul did not say that Satan is the root of all evil, but rather the love of money.

Not much effort is made in the Christian world to identify practical guidelines about what it means to love money, or to have serious, open, honest dialog among members about whether or not they think there is any money-loving happening in their church. It's largely ignored.

And this is what the Mark represents; God's final effort to get through to the human race regarding our dependence on materialism for our daily bread. The prophecy is nearly 2000 years old and yet it accurately predicts what's happening in world banking right now; tap-and-pay technology.

If you choose to follow allah over Yahweh and accept a mark that indicates your faith, that is your mark of the beast.

Where do the 3 main criteria fit in? Sure, Islam is a huge religion, but it doesn't reasonably account for "all rich/poor, free/slave, small/great".

I guess Islam has its various symbolism like any other group in the world, so you could speculate that it may eventually require its adherents to wear a special arm band or maybe a patch of some kind which you could then point to as a "mark" on the hand, but then how do you account for buying/selling?

Only Islamist will be able to buy or sell? And how could an arm patch regulate buying and selling? It does seem like Islam will have some part to play in the end time, but it being responsible for the Mark just doesn't make practical sense.

• Agree
Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0

Apex

Radical Centrist & Ethicist
Jan 1, 2017
the South
✟47,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let’s be a little pragmatic here. The mark of the Beast simply cannot be a physical mark. If it were, it could be forced upon someone. The context of Revelation suggests those with the mark of the Beast willfully accept it. Everyone gets caught up in how it affects buying and selling and wrongly assume this must mean something physical. The mark does not need to be physical for this to be true, it must only manifest itself as evident to others.

What is the mark of the Beast? It is analogous to the mark given to the followers of Yahweh. Exodus 13:9-10 states, “And it shall be to you as a sign on your hand and as a memorial between your eyes, that the law of Yahweh may be in your mouth. For with a strong hand the Lord has brought you out of Egypt. You shall therefore keep this statute at its appointed time from year to year.” Now read Revelation 13:16, “Also it causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand or the forehead.” The connection is easy to spot.

Interestingly enough, the Orthodox Jews have misinterpreted Exodus 13:9 to mean something physical as well. Their mark is called Tefillin – the little boxes that they wrap around their arm and forehead. Google it. However, most Christians recognize that this verse should not be taken literally. It is instead a metaphor for the feast of unleavened bread (see the verses leading up to v.9). In this same way, the mark of the Beast is a metaphor for the celebration or worship of the Beast. Those who follow the Antichrist will be made apparent by their evil words and thoughts (forehead) and evil actions (right hand). Similarly, those who follow Yahweh will be made apparent by their holy words, thoughts, actions.

Reactions: ewq1938
Upvote 0