• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Are panic attacks spiritual warfare please help

angie baby

Jul 14, 2013
✟7,615.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Friday night it seemed I was wrestling w an evil spirit that kept trying to bring me into the world of panic attacks. I won victory over it in Jesus name. It tried to push me down the stairs and made my lights turn off and on. It was the spirit of fear. Has this happened to anybody else can it hurt me? Does anybody else feel like they are in another world of spirituality when they have an attack. What is going on? Is this spiritual warfare or a mental illness? How do I fight this? They way I fought it the other night was to keep casting it away in Jesus name but it came right back. I cast it away until it finally stopped. It took all night long. I say I won victory bc I would not let it give me a full blown attack by screaming in fear you will not hurt me you will leave me alone I will not fear you in Jesus Christ name amen. Please respond

saved2day

Jul 3, 2013
✟15,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
The Bible says in Ephesians 6:12, "For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." So, yes I believe that panic attacks are a result of spiritual warfare. I've had my share of them, but I've never experienced your situation. However, I have been attacked by spirits when I'm asleep. I usually say 'Jesus'and they'll go away. Rebuking them in the name of Jesus like you did is very effective. In 2nd Corinthians 10:4-5 says "For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Chris." I encourage you ask a few members of your church to pray in your house to cleanse it of bad spirits. Don't give the devil permission to torment you in your own house. Sin usually opens the door for him to come in. I encourage you to talk to your Pastor about this situation. Hope this answers your question. I'll be praying for you, God bless.

Upvote 0

saved2day

Jul 3, 2013
✟15,298.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I almost forgot! I highly recommend you to read Perry Stone's book, Purging your House, Pruning your Family Tree: How to rid your home and family of demonic influence & generational oppression. It helped me a lot to understand what I was going through (well still dealing with). Hope it helps you.

Upvote 0

Fuchsia flowerCrimson

Jul 4, 2013
✟15,156.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Friday night it seemed I was wrestling w an evil spirit that kept trying to bring me into the world of panic attacks. I won victory over it in Jesus name. It tried to push me down the stairs and made my lights turn off and on. It was the spirit of fear. Has this happened to anybody else can it hurt me? Does anybody else feel like they are in another world of spirituality when they have an attack. What is going on? Is this spiritual warfare or a mental illness? How do I fight this? They way I fought it the other night was to keep casting it away in Jesus name but it came right back. I cast it away until it finally stopped. It took all night long. I say I won victory bc I would not let it give me a full blown attack by screaming in fear you will not hurt me you will leave me alone I will not fear you in Jesus Christ name amen. Please respond

It is spiritual warfare google it n u will see my anxiety is being used against as a weapon by the Enemy

Upvote 0

chaoticfirefly

reform jew
May 20, 2011
Visit site
✟109,506.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This doesn't work for everyone, but it was given advice to me whenever I feel like I am about to have a panic attack (I have near-crippling social anxiety):

Get away from situation:

-Try deep breathing
-Drink some tea
-Imagine yourself elsewhere, somewhere calming and relaxing, like a beach
-And some therapy, to learn how to manage it better.

Upvote 0

woodpecker

Mar 10, 2011
✟17,212.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This doesn't work for everyone, but it was given advice to me whenever I feel like I am about to have a panic attack (I have near-crippling social anxiety):

Get away from situation:

-Try deep breathing
-Drink some tea
-Imagine yourself elsewhere, somewhere calming and relaxing, like a beach
-And some therapy, to learn how to manage it better.

Very good advice

Upvote 0

Strachan

Serving the most High
Jul 27, 2013
Mandurah, Western Australia
✟11,152.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, you are in spiritual warfare. Not always, sometimes it is medical. But it sounds like it might be spiritual. When did it first start, in context of what else happened around that time in your life? Anything of significance ? Could have been as simple as a trip to visit pagan temples. Blessings

Upvote 0

SMacGregor

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
✟7,724.00
Faith
Catholic
If we agree with God being omnipotent and omnipresent then we are not separated from God. God is within each one of us. We therefore, in the process of forgiveness of the perpetrator, we can do what is within our power. Forgiveness of yourself is important.
Flood any negative memories with those good events by visualising them taking place again inside your mind. I encourage you to practise forgiveness in every day life and observe how you feel – only when you are ready.

Kindest regards,
Sandy MacGregor

Upvote 0