Are King David and Solomon prophets?

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

The Bible directly refers to David as a prophet. Theres no doubt of that. But in Judges 6 verse 8, is it referring to Gideon as a prophet, or somebody else? The verse doesnt directly mention Gideon, but Gideon is spoken of several verses later.

When the Israelites cried out to the Lord because of Midian, he sent them a prophet, who said, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: I brought you up out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. I rescued you from the hand of the Egyptians. And I delivered you from the hand of all your oppressors; I drove them out before you and gave you their land. I said to you, ‘I am the Lord your God; do not worship the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you live.’ But you have not listened to me.”

The angel of the Lord came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites. When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, “The Lord is with you, mighty warrior".

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
And the Lord sent a prophet unto the children of Israel,.... "A man, a prophet" (f), as in the Hebrew text, not an angel, but a man; and this not Phinehas, as say some Jewish writers (g); for it is not probable he should live so long as more than two hundred years; and had he been living, it is very much he should not have been heard of in the times of the preceding judges, and that he was not made use of before now to reprove the people for their sins; but who the prophet was we have no account now nor hereafter, here or elsewhere. Abarbinel supposes he was raised up for a short time:

The Bible directly refers to David as a prophet. Theres no doubt of that. But in Judges 6 verse 8, is it referring to Gideon as a prophet, or somebody else? The verse doesnt directly mention Gideon, but Gideon is spoken of several verses later.

Upvote 0