Are homosexuals more at risk for STI and HIV ?

Are homosexuals more at risk for STI and HIV ?

• More at risk

• Equally at risk

• Less at risk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Let me get something straight with you, little owl, struggling sinner, who ever else needs straighten.... The homosexual community are human beings, people and them having SSA is not sinful in of itself. I do not have to hate them, ignore them, treat them any different then I would a straight person who has sex outside of marriage. That is not a Christian.

There's too many of you who have some serious issues when it comes to this. You think you're being a Christian and what you are being is a hate filled person. That is not a Christian.

This. We must treat the practicing homosexual just as we treat the person who got "remarried" without an anullment or the person who contracepts or the person eats meat on Fridays durring Lent. These are all mortal sins for the Catholic, but for some reason, there's an awful lot of focus on THE GAYS.

Upvote 0

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Trying to spread accurate information about homosexuals is non-Christian support and defence now? So what, it's our Christian duty to spread lies about them to further demonise them? I never got the memo...

The CCC is too liberal, so conservatives read 2358 through a filter so they actually comprehend it as:

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is irrelevant. This inclination, which is makes a person objectively disordered, constitutes for them a sign of reprobation. They must be treated with disdain, contempt, and apathy. Every kind of discrimination in their regard should be encouraged. These persons are the kindling that will set the fires of hell ablaze for all eternity and it's their own fault! God hates (insert plural form of British word for cigarette here)!"

Here's how:
The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

The Westboro Baptist Chipmunks - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blackwater Babe

Jan 10, 2011
United States
✟8,940.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Libertarian
The CCC is too liberal, so conservatives read 2358 through a filter so they actually comprehend it as:

The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is irrelevant. This inclination, which is makes a person objectively disordered, constitutes for them a sign of reprobation. They must be treated with disdain, contempt, and apathy. Every kind of discrimination in their regard should be encouraged. These persons are the kindling that will set the fires of hell ablaze for all eternity and it's their own fault! God hates (insert plural form of British word for cigarette here)!"

Here's how:
The number of men and women who have deep-seated homosexual tendencies is not negligible. This inclination, which is objectively disordered, constitutes for most of them a trial. They must be accepted with respect, compassion, and sensitivity. Every sign of unjust discrimination in their regard should be avoided. These persons are called to fulfill God's will in their lives and, if they are Christians, to unite to the sacrifice of the Lord's Cross the difficulties they may encounter from their condition.

The Westboro Baptist Chipmunks - YouTube
Um... wut? I'm all Poe-ed out from the idiots in the gun control threads. Are you being serious or sarcastic?

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This. We must treat the practicing homosexual just as we treat the person who got "remarried" without an anullment or the person who contracepts or the person eats meat on Fridays durring Lent. These are all mortal sins for the Catholic, but for some reason, there's an awful lot of focus on THE GAYS.

Just like we treat ourselves. As the saying goes, we are all sinners. He who is with out lust can cast the first stone. They act like homosexuals are some other kind of human, as if they are not people. That is beyond disturbing. Ignorance.

Upvote 0

audiologic

May 11, 2013
✟7,828.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
Once again not sure if bemused or horrified at the support and defense being given to the homosexual community by supposed Christians.

You miss the point entirely.

I am not part of the gay community. I am not gay. I do not go to gay bars. I do not attend gay events.

It does not change the fact that whether you're gay or not, if your partner doesn't have an STD, and YOU don't, God does not whip it out of thin air to punish you for your acts.

ALSO, there have been no documented cases of female-to-female HIV transmission, once again.

The church wants to publicize the health problems gay men, and yet I've never heard them talk about lesbians...probably because they can't find support for it.

You also failed to see what I was saying entirely. Christians want to claim homosexuals are violating God's law; this takes the focus off of promiscuous behavior completely.

If the truth is that sleeping around is what increases your chances of STDs, then don't sleep around.

Whether or not STDs are more prevalent in gay men (once again, what about the lesbians...?), and whether or not anal sex increases the chance of spreading said diseases, etc, let me (if everybody someone missed it) reiterate my initial point:

STDs do not occur if neither partner has one to begin with, and the two remain monogamous.

If you really want to argue "BUT THEY'RE SO PREVALENT AMONG THE GAY COMMUNITY!" then let's make sure that if for some reason you're in Africa - whether for mission work or whatever reason - don't marry an African woman. Two thirds of the people with HIV live over there.

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
tChristiant said:
I'm only concerned when they're almost encouraged by Christians. Paul seemed to have thought that homosexuals wouldn't inherit the kingdom of God. I tend to believe him. We don't encourage, support or defend adulterers, thieves, murderers, drunkards, etc. But for some reason, we handle homosexuals with kid hands. IT'S WRONG PEOPLE.

Trying to ensure what is said about homosexuality is actually true is encouragement? "X is wrong, therefore we should distort the truth to make it look bad"?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Struggling Sinner said:
The Catholic faith isn't liberal or conservative. It is simply the truth. :)

Then why do you disregard the teachings as promulgated in the official Catechism? Especially 2358?

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
\
The church wants to publicize the health problems gay men, and yet I've never heard them talk about lesbians...probably because they can't find support for it.
This is true. The part about no lesbian transmission of HIV. It's sodomy and multitple sex partners where the risk is very, very high.

To quote the late Joe Sobran, it should be tattooed on the backside of everyone (heterosexuals included) who participate in unmonogomous sodomy 'Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here'.

Even if you're in a monogomous relationship, it puts wear and tear on one's anus which is simply not healthy.

Upvote 0

audiologic

May 11, 2013
✟7,828.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
This is true. The part about no lesbian transmission of HIV. It's sodomy and multitple sex partners where the risk is very, very high.

To quote the late Joe Sobran, it should be tattooed on the backside of everyone (heterosexuals included) who participate in unmonogomous sodomy 'Abandon Hope, All Ye Who Enter Here'.

Even if you're in a monogomous relationship, it puts wear and tear on one's anus which is simply not healthy.

+1.

What bothers me is the way the church treats homosexuals vs. straight people. If you go to church and declare you're homosexual - whether you feel bad for it, you're proud of it, or undecided - you get weird looks, repulsion, and judgement (generally speaking).

Yet if you're promiscuous, even if you're not exactly ashamed of it, you get a hand on your shoulder and someone announcing, "God will deliver you from this difficult lifestyle".

I'm not speaking for everyone, either. But there's a lot more shock value in the church for being gay than for being easy. If they're both a sin, and fall in the same general category of sexual perversion, then they should be treated equally.

And even so, as long as the person is not trying to sabotage the moral fiber of the church (inviting others to bed, etc), then the church has no right to judge or condemn. Which, more often than not, they do.

Reactions: Gwendolyn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
audiologic said:
And even so, as long as the person is not trying to sabotage the moral fiber of the church (inviting others to bed, ...
And on that score a monogomous gay couple are less of a risk than a promiscuous hetrosexual.

Upvote 0
S

Struggling Sinner

I agree.

Gay Bowel Syndrome

:)

Upvote 0
S

Struggling Sinner

What bothers me is the way the church treats homosexuals vs. straight people. If you go to church and declare you're homosexual - whether you feel bad for it, you're proud of it, or undecided - you get weird looks, repulsion, and judgement (generally speaking).
Maybe that's the problem. Instead of going to the confessional, they go and proudly announce their sins to the whole world expecting everyone to congratulate them for their sins. People should not go to Mass with a confrontational attitude. And we should not expect the Church to congratulate sin. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Miss Shelby

Legend
Feb 10, 2002
✟88,282.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
And on that score a monogomous gay couple are less of a risk than a promiscuous hetrosexual.
True, in theory. However, sodomy is prevelantly practiced by homosexual men.

I dunno why, either. Oral and manual stimulation seem to be good enough for the lesbians. It would seem to be a lot safer. I also don't understand what would be enjoyable about it, but that's just me.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.