Are demons visible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chari

Mar 12, 2004
✟113.00
Faith
Christian
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie - it's nice to be here. Blessings to you all.
Wondered if people could offer thoughts on whether demons have a visible form - such as those angels take to appear to humans.
I've seen what I felt were demons on several occassions - all of which fled when cast out in Jesus' name. I know of others who have had similar experiences.
Thing is, I was always taught that demons do not have any form and cannot appear as angels do - in a visual way - but can only possess another living creature. I was taught this through RE and theology, but cannot find anything within The Bible to clarify it for me.
Any views?

Templedweller

Unexpected, But Always Meant To Be!!!
Apr 10, 2006
✟22,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When the Gaderene demoniac was approached by Jesus the spirits cried out to Jesus not to be tortured by him (they were in the man) Other places in scripture where Jesus came into contact with people oppressed and possesed of the devil he saw it happening to the people. My 1st reaction was going to be yes they can "show up" outside of human form but hmmmmm.....that requires more study.

I think in the Bible it states that where prayer is concerned it talks of heavenly pricipalities in high places and how at one point there was a struggle where the prayer was delayed in answering...If anyone knows of what I am referring to please help me out...this though is off topic of demons and whether they can show self outside human form. What is RE?

For now I think that's all i have.

Sincerely,
Templedweller:)

Upvote 0

DanJudge

Jun 17, 2006
✟9,491.00
Faith
Christian
When the Gaderene demoniac was approached by Jesus the spirits cried out to Jesus not to be tortured by him (they were in the man) Other places in scripture where Jesus came into contact with people oppressed and possesed of the devil he saw it happening to the people. My 1st reaction was going to be yes they can "show up" outside of human form but hmmmmm.....that requires more study.

I think in the Bible it states that where prayer is concerned it talks of heavenly pricipalities in high places and how at one point there was a struggle where the prayer was delayed in answering...If anyone knows of what I am referring to please help me out...this though is off topic of demons and whether they can show self outside human form. What is RE?

For now I think that's all i have.

Sincerely,
Templedweller:)
Brothers/Sisters, This is a chapter from the "little book" of Revelation chapter 10.
I hope all of you will have a clear understanding of what demons are today.

FOR PHARAOH WILL SAY TO YOU
WORK A MIRACLE THEN

PART VI: ON THE NATURE AND TRUE EXISTENCE OF THE DEMONS

The veneration of images of Revelation 9:20 is surely known to all of us, the worship of the demons —“destroyers,” literally, in the Hebrew — being that accorded to elitists of past ages long since consigned to the fire, and as in Luke 16:19-31 and Revelation 14:9-11, Huitzilopochtli of the Aztecs and his comrades in all lands, waiting with that patience known only to the dead for the buffeting of annihilation in that haven of theirs in the depths of the lake, fire for fire (the Greek word in question having the sense of “buffeted” or “rocked to its base” as in, for example, Matthew 14:24, merging into “buffeted in torment,” depending on the context) — and sometimes they wander here, though still in the dimension of the fire then as well, seeking hosts (and see Luke 8:30-33; and note that the name Legion is Latin and not Greek, these having been a multitude of the Roman wealthy, and how in their terror of the Abyss, “and they implored Him that He would not command them to go back to the Abyss,” they forgot that they could only function through the minds of humans, and how having once entered they were trapped within their hosts and were forced to destroy them in order to leave). And some of the living say they are gods (I Corinthians 10:20-21; Deuteronomy 32:17; Psalm 106:37-38) and others call them intercessors, but they were rulers and merchants, and estates and serfs were under them — but surely the redeemed in the dimension of the Garden know of us and our affairs (and compare I Samuel 28:3-20; also Luke 16:19-31); and how unlikely it is that the Lord would reject a petition from the holy Mary, blessed among women, who is without question the precise image of His own mother in the waking state, even as the Scripture testifies, “Through the majesties of the Holy One and from the sought for womb was Your youth begun for You” (Psalm 110:3), or that He has never sent her back to this our world for the aid and comfort of His elect, she whose soul was pierced as well, having become a sign spoken against to this very day, that the thoughts of many hearts might be revealed (Luke 2:34-35), during the course of so many Christian ages as have already passed, though the transcendent significance of this mother of the blessed God, she who first taught class war among men, has surely been veiled and hidden in the wording of the New Testament, even as that of Jesus is within the Old, forsee her in celestial glory in Revelation 12:1 with the moon of Islam in manifest subjection under her feet, the imagery being so resplendent that the woman of this verse must represent not only Israel, but an idealized all-perfect Israelitess as well, the perfection and splendor of all womankind; and further, “Let no one defraud you who might wish to regarding the humility and worship due the angels, basing himself only on what he sees,being vainly puffed up through his carnal mentality; for such a one does not accept the Head either, from whom the entire body being fully supplied and held together through arteries and ligaments grows with a growth induced by God” (Colossians 2:18-19), and the same word means either angel or messenger in the Greek as in the Hebrew, and Elijah who sent a letter back to this earth after his translation (II Chronicles 21:12; and compare 21:1; II Kings 2:11-12; and 3:11), also the book of Malachi, “My messenger” (compare Malachi 1:1; 3:1; and 4:5), surely represents the coming of the beatified saints made messengers of this Christian dispensation foreshadowed by he seemingly impersonal angels of the Old Testament, though these latter, of course, themselves at any rate doubtless of the elect of former ages, still exist to His glory — and they are the root of all mental disorder and the root of most disease, and they are the demonized of the rulers, men and women, Judaics, tyrants, militant atheists, militant racists, and the Old World Russians of this our time, these latter as bearers in attenuated form of what is manifestly the very fullness of the Judaic mind-set, whose source is the fire and who pass to the fire and who shall yet be consumed even here by the fury of a raging, banked up and pulsating fire, for “there is sin that must entail death” (I John 5:16), and their Lord in the perfection of His hatred for these whom He formed in the image of His enemies and placed under the ban forever has prepared for them a fire, and they are fugitives here and the most harmful of all in human guise; but truly they will be turned back to the fire and will not escape. “And Samuel said, ‘Bring me Agag king of the Amalekites.’ Then Agag came to him trembling. And Agag said, ‘Surely the bitterness of death is past.’ But Samuel said, ‘As your sword has bereaved women, so shall your mother be bereaved among women!’ And Samuel hewed Agag to pieces before the LORD in Gilgal” (I Samuel 15:32-33).“If anyone has no dwelling in Me, he is to be expelled like a branch and wither; and men gather these together and cast them into the fire that they might be burned” (John 15:6). He “desires all men to be saved” (I Timothy 2:4), yet He has enjoined for some an implacable and perfect hatred, degradation, bereavement and death, a most extreme vengeance — but these are in truth no longer human.

Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen — and she was the habitation of demons and the haunt of every impure spirit, and the haunt of every impure bird as well, and the haunt of every impure and hateful beast — because all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the greatness of her luxuries!

— Revelation 18:2-3

Praise to the LORD forever! Amen and Amen!

— Barry I. Hyman CHRISTIAN REVOLUTIONARY BROTHERHOOD

Peace be with You All
DanJudge

Upvote 0

Murdock

May 8, 2007
✟537.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie - it's nice to be here. Blessings to you all.
Wondered if people could offer thoughts on whether demons have a visible form - such as those angels take to appear to humans.
I've seen what I felt were demons on several occassions - all of which fled when cast out in Jesus' name. I know of others who have had similar experiences.
Thing is, I was always taught that demons do not have any form and cannot appear as angels do - in a visual way - but can only possess another living creature. I was taught this through RE and theology, but cannot find anything within The Bible to clarify it for me.
Any views?

As I understand it, demons themselves are spirits who manifest themselves sometimes in human form. So the demon itelf is as unseen as the Holy Spirit. But the effects of demons can be seen in all evil behavior and actions. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chickapee

Dec 18, 2006
U.S
✟17,973.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quote:
Originally Posted by <><
Can demons appear as the mother of Jesus?

Or as Jesus Himself?

yes sis the spirit of many antichrists .

we are spirits/souls dont you think ? not always of Christ though :(

.1Jo 4:3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God:

and this is that [spirit] of antichrist,

whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

or in this case it was JESUS COMING TO THEM :)
Mat 14:26And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
peace c...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.