Are Baptist Chruches really wanting new members?

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, just in my experience, i did attend a KJV only church a few times and they were teaching dispensationalism, and I thought it was a bit nuts.

It didnt bear scrutiny to scripture, when I searched it myself, so rather than argue with the preacher about it...it would take hours, i chose not to go back. Im sorry but when a church members are against tongues to the point that they completely forbid it, and take theology from left behind novels, and one of their own elder members left the church cos he had an affair with somebody..and become an atheist im kinda thinking, somethings wrong here...

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If MrJim is as concerned with delving into God's truth as he seems to be, perhaps he could look around for an independent Bible study group – the type where all questions and comments are taken seriously, and the Scriptures searched earnestly for answers and resolutions that are mutually consistent.

Kind of the direction I'm heading perhaps....;)

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
well, I hope you find one that you feel comfortable in.

I just think that...some people aren't actually interested in God's truth and try to bring their own agenda into a small group bible study as well. And I don't appreciate that, as bible studies are for mutual edification and iron sharpening iron not goading christians.

I just had one example of a girl I know who wants to argue science all the time and place it over the top of God's word, like I laugh at silly ideas like 'the big bang' but she takes it seriously and is convinced that's exactly how God created everything, when she has no evidence but what fallible men claim and say. And as far as I know, Gods word does not say in the beginning there was a big bang.

So it is fruitless trying to reason with her, because basically she's calling God a liar and trying to make him fit into her own ideas or what the world says. I have to wonder sometimes if we worship the same God if she's not even open to what He says in His word.

Upvote 0

MrJim

Legend 3/17/05
Mar 17, 2005
FEMA Region III
✟42,622.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well, I hope you find one that you feel comfortable in.

I just think that...some people aren't actually interested in God's truth and try to bring their own agenda into a small group bible study as well. And I don't appreciate that, as bible studies are for mutual edification and iron sharpening iron not goading christians.

I just had one example of a girl I know who wants to argue science all the time and place it over the top of God's word, like I laugh at silly ideas like 'the big bang' but she takes it seriously and is convinced that's exactly how God created everything, when she has no evidence but what fallible men claim and say. And as far as I know, Gods word does not say in the beginning there was a big bang.

So it is fruitless trying to reason with her, because basically she's calling God a liar and trying to make him fit into her own ideas or what the world says. I have to wonder sometimes if we worship the same God if she's not even open to what He says in His word.

I'm not sure that "feeling comfortable" is the gauge...but I know showing up just to argue isn't my calling ;)

Upvote 0