Are any of you Essene Christians?

Onieu

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,209.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Its a Jewish Christian denomination. Doesn't really exist currently but I'm trying to restore it. Scholars do not agree that it is a christian movement, but I disagree with those scholars due to my own research into the Essene beliefs.

See the article on wikipedia about the Essenes for more information on what the scholars say about the Essenes

i dont associate with the "Modern" groups listed on wiki, as they are gnostic.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Its a Jewish Christian denomination. Doesn't really exist currently but I'm trying to restore it. Scholars do not agree that it is a christian movement, but I disagree with those scholars due to my own research into the Essene beliefs...

Šalom buddy
So then you're looking for Believers with a bent toward the DSS then, in short ?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

xDenax

Jewish
Jul 20, 2009
United States
✟13,510.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Onieu

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,209.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
This doesn't make sense...

...with this.

Yeah, because it wasn't.

Why do you think you know more than those who have studied the topic?

Its an extinct denomination in other words. I am restoring it, but it died long ago.

I think I know more than the scholars who are biased towards anti religious opinions. For example, all atheist scholars date Daniel to the mid 1st century BC because they believe it was impossible for it to have been actual prophecy. The scholars have a bias which clouds their judgment. Likewise the scholars on the Essenes they have a bias which hinders their ability to think clearly and interpret fairly.

I take what the Church Fathers and the Essene writings said themselves. If they contradict what the scholars say, i go with the ancient witnesses. They are more reliable than the wild speculations of modern scholars.

Also the books i accept as Scripture teach certain doctrines that only the Essenes believed. So that's how i know they were identical because I abide by Scripture as of the supreme authority whereas the scholars are fallible. Scripture is not fallible but those men are.

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟498,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
This is starting to sound like the Samaritan Messianic we had in here a few months ago.

I call Poe.

Hey now, I'm a New First Reformed Southern Greek Eastern Sunni Orthodox Hindu Jew and I feel Offended.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Its an extinct denomination in other words. I am restoring it, but it died long ago.

I think I know more than the scholars who are biased towards anti religious opinions. For example, all atheist scholars date Daniel to the mid 1st century BC because they believe it was impossible for it to have been actual prophecy. The scholars have a bias which clouds their judgment. Likewise the scholars on the Essenes they have a bias which hinders their ability to think clearly and interpret fairly.

I take what the Church Fathers and the Essene writings said themselves. If they contradict what the scholars say, i go with the ancient witnesses. They are more reliable than the wild speculations of modern scholars.

Also the books i accept as Scripture teach certain doctrines that only the Essenes believed. So that's how i know they were identical because I abide by Scripture as of the supreme authority whereas the scholars are fallible. Scripture is not fallible but those men are.

You need to offer more details so we can understand what you mean. What do you mean: "Also the books i accept as Scripture teach certain doctrines that only the Essenes believed." The denomination that went extinct was the Judaizing Christians.

Upvote 0

Hoshiyya

Spenglerian
Mar 5, 2013
✟24,676.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Exactly how do you know what I believe?

If you read carefully, you will see I'm not quoting you, I'm quoting Onieu:

Originally Posted by Onieu
.... I abide by Scripture as of the supreme authority whereas the scholars are fallible. Scripture is not fallible but those men are.

Upvote 0

Onieu

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,209.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You can try the Shakers forum here. It doesn't exist though, because the Shakers don't exist for much the same reason the Essenes no longer exist.

How can there be Essenes here if they don't exist?

How old are you?

Dan C

There can be Essenes because I am one. So i am the first, therefore they exist only in the sense that I exist. But an actual denomination doesn't exist, since a denomination tends to require more than one person. I'm 21 turning 22 later this month

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can try the Shakers forum here. It doesn't exist though, because the Shakers don't exist for much the same reason the Essenes no longer exist.

How can there be Essenes here if they don't exist?

How old are you?

Dan C

err i dunno... the shakers have a new label under pentacostal circles :p

Upvote 0

Onieu

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,209.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
You need to offer more details so we can understand what you mean. What do you mean: "Also the books i accept as Scripture teach certain doctrines that only the Essenes believed." The denomination that went extinct was the Judaizing Christians.

Yes the Essenes were according to modern Christians a Judaizing group. But the doctrines i was referring to are such as: 1.Communism 2.Three Year Conversion Process 3.Baptism for the Remission of Sins 4.Sacred Meal of Bread in White Garments 5.Celibacy as the Preference and the Ideal 6.Acceptance of the Apocrypha as Authoritative 7.Acceptance of a Religious Calendar Differing from the Pharisees 8.Excommunication

All these things and more the Essenes and the first Christians believed the same

Upvote 0

Onieu

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,209.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If you read carefully, you will see I'm not quoting you, I'm quoting Onieu:

Originally Posted by Onieu
.... I abide by Scripture as of the supreme authority whereas the scholars are fallible. Scripture is not fallible but those men are.

I believe in the textual corruption of Scripture yes, but if I have no reason to suspect it is textually corrupt I will not presume to think it is, that would be unfair basis of interpretation and not really reflective of a truth seeker.

Upvote 0

GuardianShua

Feb 2, 2004
✟10,653.00
Faith
Yes the Essenes were according to modern Christians a Judaizing group. But the doctrines i was referring to are such as: 1.Communism 2.Three Year Conversion Process 3.Baptism for the Remission of Sins 4.Sacred Meal of Bread in White Garments 5.Celibacy as the Preference and the Ideal 6.Acceptance of the Apocrypha as Authoritative 7.Acceptance of a Religious Calendar Differing from the Pharisees 8.Excommunication

All these things and more the Essenes and the first Christians believed the same

The Essenes did allow marriage, and they did use a solar calendar.

Upvote 0