Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Okay, I kinda out of luck cause I have had a android before in which I was not to fond of yet that is also my humble opinion as well.

What kind of android? What problems did you have with it?

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟433,756.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've been a loyal Apple user since 1989 when I was two years old; my dad's been a loyal Apple user since 1984. Being a teacher, he was always at the front of the line for a lot of their tech because Apple's always done well at fostering relationships with educators.

I've given PC's a fair shot many times over, as well as Android-based devices, but for what I use them for they just don't compare to OS X and iOS devices. I've lost count of how many important film projects I've lost during the post-production process on Windows machines. Their stability was just not reliable at all when you're dealing with heavy loads like realtime HD processing.

I have a Mac Pro as my film editing sweet, a Macbook Pro for light editing and for most of my school-related stuff, and an iPhone 6+. The only non-Apple device I would consider is a Nokia Lumia 1020, just because that 41 megapixel camera is spectacular.

Upvote 0

KitKatMatt

stupid bleeding heart feminist liberal
May 2, 2013
✟29,520.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
When it comes to electronics, I tend to be easy to offend, so I am always open to jumping to different brands.

I got a Toshiba laptop years ago. The thing was a tank, I loved it. I recommended Toshiba to everyone because of how well this thing ran and held up to the abuse I put it through (I am very clumsy and I had tile floors!).

However, the next Toshiba I got was a trainwreck. Hardware started failing right after the one year warranty ran out (of course!) and I was really upset because I actually had spent quite a bit of money on this thing. To top it off it never was never even put through the rigors that the first one was, I have never dropped that thing. I needed a powerful laptop to handle what I was doing, and then the thing started going to pieces. I will never buy another Toshiba again.

The next computer I got was an HP. I'm on it right now. I really enjoy it and it has made me happy. I will consider getting another in the future. The only downside to HP computers seems to be that they install tons of extra software, but other brands are catching up to their level so it really doesn't matter anymore (and I have time to spare to clean it up anyways).

I'll never buy another Dell because of my bad experiences with them over multiple computers (none of those were mine, thankfully). I had a Dell from before they started going downhill, so I really noticed the difference.

In terms of smartphones, I have had good experiences with LG and Samsung. I will happily buy either of those brands again but am still open to trying others. Will no longer buy Motorola because of my experience with my last phone.

I had to break down and buy an iPod because they were the only reliable MP3 players available, since they basically obliterated the market for any other company to make good ones. And even now I'm angry at it, because it updated and made everything even more "user friendly". I am not an Apple fan, I hate oversimplification and "user friendly"-ness. It means lack of control and customization to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheGirlOnFire

By order of the Peaky blinders
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2014
Hogwarts
✟124,782.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Yay have to agree with mehguy --shocker

I had every iPhone was until iphone6 I've cheated on Apple and went to Samsung S and well it's so much better than iphones, I feel really bad about saying that. Though I do have a ipod because I've spent so much money on iTunes over the years lol

Upvote 0

Orange Crow

Aug 16, 2014
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
✟39,246.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Never been a Apple fan. Only owned one IPod Touch.

My parents used all sorts of PC's running Windows, and so did I.

I am only using phones running on Android. I don't know any better system. Had stock Android first but now a highly customisable alternative on the OnePlus One. Enjoyable, runs smoothly, I can adjust many settings, the look of things, etc.

Upvote 0

Unix

Hebr incl Sirach&epigraph, Hermeneut,Ptolemy,Samar
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
ECC,Torah:ModeCommenta,OTL,AY BC&RL,Seow a ICC Job
Visit site
✟139,217.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
My best machines are, I still have them:
  • a maxed out MacBookPro3,1 with basically all parts changed including the motherboard. This is the one with best monitor out of my laptops. I have OS X 10.10 in it, I'll add 10.11 so that I can choose which one I boot.
  • an HP Pavilion dv6 quad-core i7, currently 2 GB RAM and a 128 GB SSD, I'm going to put 8 GB RAM in it instead. This computer is my oldest laptop but will be the fastest for most tasks in the Bible Study software thanks to the SSD and the cores (I rarely afford quad-core). Windows 8.1. I think I will lend this computer to a friend.
  • Lenovo Thinkpad X220 which I'm buying this weekend - great value for money i5 2nd gen. CPU. Windows 7. I'll max the RAM to 8 GB. When a period comes when I'll use it a lot, I'll put a 128 or 180 GB SSD in it depending on how intensely I estimate needing to use it then.
  • I wish I would afford to keep my Dell Latitude E5430 because it can take 16 GB RAM, the 3rd gen. i3 handles my internet connection extremely well and is OK for the Bible Study software. Windows 7 Professional. But I'm selling it because I only used it this Summer - I had stressful periods this Summer. But I'll require that the buyer is a Windows 7 fan and if he/she should upgrade to Windows 10 that that should only be done in the last minute. I would prefer to sell to someone at uni who would need Bible Study software (not my account of course, I don't want to get caught for misuse because they permanently remove all Your licenses if caught). Also great that both USB 3.0 ports work.
  • desktop computer: Acer Aspire XC600, Pentium G2030 3.0GHz CPU, 12 GB RAM. This particular CPU is excellent value for money, it's dual core. I have an OK BenQ monitor to it, no speakers. Windows 8.0
  • cell phone: Samsung GT-B2710, non-smart-phone. It can take moist and vibrations very well. I will never buy a smart-phone.
  • Blackberry Playbook with Playbook OS 2. This device is excellent, I got it very cheap used. 16 GB memory. I use the OliveTree Bible Study software on it with a couple of great resources but I really won't be buying more books in it, which is a software which I use very little otherwise. Unfortunately I don't have any other softwares for it though, so it serves as my only camera as well.
None of these are that new, the Mac is late 2007, the HP is 2009, Lenovo 2011, Acer is Q32013 and the Dell about the same age. The cell-phone is 2012.
Additionally I also have:
  • a 2012 model HP EliteBook 2540P, dual core i7, 4 GB RAM (I really should have put more RAM - as much as possible - into it if I would have afforded, perhaps one day). I haven't been using it for a few Months, because I hope it will last me many years. This computer is constructed with quality parts and can take vibrations better than the other computers so when I change the drive in it I'll put a hybrid drive in it. It has not been great at multi-tasking but I've used it for that anyway since I didn't have a better computer at the time.
I have more computers as well: two old desktop computers that are basically down one of which has an old quad core CPU - these computers need new drives and OS's (they have several monitors though - the ones mostly in use are Dell), one late 2009 Samsung laptop with SSD - this is my most worn computer I have to use an external keyboard, one HP 635 with a really low-budget AMD CPU, 8 GB RAM and hybrid drive, it became usable when I upgraded the RAM and drive, I've used it a lot actually - it's pretty stable thanks to the AMD CPU. These have older operating systems like Windows 7 Home Premium, and I'm thinking about in which installation I'll use my spare Vista Home Premium license and in which one the spare Windows 7 Professional.

For antivirus I use Avira, BitDefender, Kaspersky, Malwarebytes, and on some computers none.
For a mouse I prefer a PS/2 mouse in desktop computers, I'm tired of the bad accuracy of USB 2.0 -mouses. In the laptops I try to use USB mouses all the time except perhaps when riding the bus.
For a keyboard I prefer http://www.trulyergonomic.com

I also have two Nook HD 7" 8 GB tablets 2012 model, both have memory totally full with Bible Study software.

"My" cellular internet connection (which I don't even pay) starts slowly in most of my computers, the newer ones such as the Dell and the HP EliteBook being the exceptions. I don't actually have internet at home. I have data cap. I prepare for a time when I won't afford any internet connection, therefore I have books and Bible Study software features on the computers for offline use.

Upvote 0

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To the point of exclusivity? No, but if there's a brand I'm familiar with, they generally go higher on the list when doing comparisons for any particular item. Cost comes into it too, though.

I'd never buy a laptop, though; my experiences with the ones my parents have is enough to convince me that they're not really worth the hassle. If I want something less powerful than a desktop but portable, I'll get a tablet.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums