Archaeological Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tychicum

May 4, 2006
✟8,592.00
Faith
Protestant
After digging to a depth of 100 metres last year, Russian scientists found traces of copper wire dating back 1000 years, and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network one thousand years ago.

So, not to be outdone, in the weeks that followed, American scientists dug 200 metres and headlines in the US papers read: "US scientists have found traces of silica, indicating 2000 year old optical fibres, and have concluded that their ancestors already had advanced high-tech digital telephone 1000 years earlier than the Russians."

One week later, the Irish newspapers reported the following: "After digging as deep as 500 metres, Irish scientists have found absolutely nothing. They have concluded that 5000 years ago, their ancestors were already using wireless technology.

11w3fut.gif

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
shernren said:
Yes, because if it were really alive, it would be a living disproof of evolution. :p

Because if it were really alive, it would be a living abomination.

Good joke, by the way, Tychicum. The father of one of my childhood friends was of Irish descent, and was always telling Irish jokes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Assyrian

Basically pulling an Obama (Thanks Calminian!)
Mar 31, 2006
Wales
✟27,286.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Willtor said:
The father of one of my childhood friends was of Irish descent...
Forgive the quibble, I may not be up to date on the latest genetic research, but doesn't that mean your friend was of Irish desent too, not just his father?

Has Tychicum found the missing false teeth yet?

Upvote 0

Willtor

Not just any Willtor... The Mighty Willtor
Apr 23, 2005
Cambridge
Visit site
✟32,287.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Assyrian said:
Forgive the quibble, I may not be up to date on the latest genetic research, but doesn't that mean your friend was of Irish desent too, not just his father?

Has Tychicum found the missing false teeth yet?

His mother wasn't of Irish descent. His father, AFAIK, was a pure Irishman, but a few generations removed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.