• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

April is Autism Awareness Month

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
trying to understand and to draw the line between what makes one such. it feels pretty blurry... like... people with social anxiety seem to be able to relate in some ways due to shared "lack of developed normal social skills". I can't even sort my own self out at this point and the human brain is so amazing that I feel there is still much mystery to be unfolded.

also i'm watching youtube videos to try to understand. reading some blogs too.

in school I had a friend named "billy" and lots of people loved him and he was obviously autistic. he prob had more friends than I did lol, so it's nice to know that they won't necessarily become loners.

there is still so much to learn. for instance, can this kind of soul understand the bible from a more contemplative pov since they are said to be literalist?... literalism is a huge problem that 'normal' christians/people suffer from in regards to understandings the bible.

I want to understand what effects meditation and mindfulness can have on autistic brains as well. autistic people are said to have more white matter than normal? meditation does the same thing + other things to the brain.

Upvote 0

grandvizier1006

I don't use this anymore, but I still follow Jesus
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2014
MS
✟664,118.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Eh...I've never liked "awareness month"s. It's autism awareness month, and sexual assault awareness month as it says in your signature, and possibly mental illness awareness month. it seems kind of moot when you've got a bunch of awarenesses competing against each other to be discussed about. And don't even get me started on "X history month".

I'm ok with awareness, though.

Upvote 0