✟15,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
http://www.christianforums.com/t3791305&page=9

After having read this thread and shaken my head over and over again at how miry the conversation became, I realized something.

It is beautiful to see the RCC, EOC, and OOC posters backing each other up like they are. I know this happens fairly regularly in GT. And I won't deny that (especially between RCC and EOC), we come to our impasses, and I, naturally, take the EOC side. But when it comes to an issue like Apostolic Succession? That's very cool to see.

It just ministers to my soul to see us stick together. I am really reminded to pray for RCC/EOC/OOC reconciliation in Truth and in Love. It won't be easy. It won't go quickly (unless God speeds it all up). But I hope and pray that it will happen.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on us. :crosseo:

Your thoughts?

Epiphanygirl

Don't De-Rock Me
Oct 6, 2004
Behind you :)
✟11,873.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm glad you noticed this. I too truly admire the work that our famed EO/CC/OO Apologists do here at CF. It is a thankless job. We would do well to always keep them in our prayers:groupray: .....it is very hard work they do, battling those who try to inflict harm, sometimes intentionally, at it is never ending.
May the Lord and His angels guide and protect through the cesspool of GT.:crossrc:

Upvote 0

CrusaderKing

Senior Veteran
Aug 24, 2006
United States
✟24,759.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We have a common history in the original Apostolic church established by Christ. This is something the churches established in the last 500 years lack, even though I can name one in particular that claims to have this authority. We are much stronger together than apart and it shows in GT. Could this be the work of the Holy Spirit guiding us towards unity?

Upvote 0

Davidnic

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
✟788,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
I've always been of the opinion that the best way that we can serve the cause of unity is focus mainly on what we have in common. Sure, there are places we disagree and disputes will happen.

But one on one, if we grow in understanding and love and support of one another then the cause of unity led by the Holy Spirit will grow in our hearts. With that, all of the high level meetings and talks will be driven on by our hearts meeting together in support and prayer with and for each other in the Holy Spirit.

We share so much in belief and history, but we rarely share what we share with each other.

My prayers for this to continue. One to one. Two to two. Three to three. In hopes of unity and that we may grow in understanding and love on a difficult path together.

Upvote 0

irishseventysix

Jude Thaddaeus
May 18, 2006
Portland, OR
Visit site
✟15,845.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But one on one, if we grow in understanding and love and support of one another then the cause of unity led by the Holy Spirit will grow in our hearts. With that, all of the high level meetings and talks will be driven on by our hearts meeting together in support and prayer with and for each other in the Holy Spirit.

Bingo! This HAS to happen for any agreement on any level to be truly, pragmatically valid. Yeah, we have our differences. And minimizing their importance won't help. But talking through them in humility, patience, and love just might.

We, the laity, have to do our part on our level as our leaders (God willing) continue to hash things out for the purpose of unity in truth and love.

When we're together...boy it's nice!

Peace,

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.