CelticRebel

Site Supporter
May 21, 2015
✟60,615.00
Faith
Christian
Well, I've done it again -- gotten involved in debating when I was informed that this was not the purpose of this forum. So, I apologize. I do appreciate being welcomed back.

I really did want to know more about the EOC, from its members. I know what I believe, so I don't need to debate. But it's too easy to get into that, so I'll have to make a concerted effort not to do so.

Reactions: All4Christ

Antony in Tx

a sinner
Dec 25, 2009
Texas
✟25,560.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Celtic Rebel, I echo the sentiment that I, too, am a sinner in need of forgiveness. As God forgives, I forgive, please forgive me. The one bit of advice I would extend is too not worry as much about what you believe as to praying fervently for God to allow you to discern the Truth, whatever it may be. I am often surprised that what I "believe" falls tremendously as I move through my life. It's not lkie "someday, I'll have it all figure out and I'll be ready." It's more like, "I am coming to realize that I will never be able to grasp even a shred of God's Glory, I hope that I can be ready to face His Uncreated Light when I am put in His presence in the next life." ...and so we all work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. You obviously have a lot of knowledge of the works of man, and a strong desire to understand the Works of God. Stay, fellowship with us, and see where this all takes you.

Upvote 0

CelticRebel

Site Supporter
May 21, 2015
✟60,615.00
Faith
Christian
Celtic Rebel, I echo the sentiment that I, too, am a sinner in need of forgiveness. As God forgives, I forgive, please forgive me. The one bit of advice I would extend is too not worry as much about what you believe as to praying fervently for God to allow you to discern the Truth, whatever it may be. I am often surprised that what I "believe" falls tremendously as I move through my life. It's not lkie "someday, I'll have it all figure out and I'll be ready." It's more like, "I am coming to realize that I will never be able to grasp even a shred of God's Glory, I hope that I can be ready to face His Uncreated Light when I am put in His presence in the next life." ...and so we all work out our own salvation with fear and trembling. You obviously have a lot of knowledge of the works of man, and a strong desire to understand the Works of God. Stay, fellowship with us, and see where this all takes you.

I appreciate your kind and thoughtful words; there is wisdom in them.

Ever since I became briefly an agnostic at about the age of 20, a long time ago, I have had a passion for the truth, for objective facts, and not just opinion. I began my search then, and it continues to this day. I want to know what is true, wherever it may lead.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,019,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A quick note (I've been meaning to write more)...very happy to have you back, and I understand how easy it is to get into debates! We all feel strongly about what we believe, which makes it extremely personal to us. As others said, stay to fellowship, discuss things and hopefully we all can learn from the discussions held here.

Upvote 0

CelticRebel

Site Supporter
May 21, 2015
✟60,615.00
Faith
Christian
A quick note (I've been meaning to write more)...very happy to have you back, and I understand how easy it is to get into debates! We all feel strongly about what we believe, which makes it extremely personal to us. As others said, stay to fellowship, discuss things and hopefully we all can learn from the discussions held here.

Thank you, friend. That means a lot to me.

Upvote 0