Apology to the Board, especially TEs

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullietdodger

Jan 17, 2006
✟15,209.00
Faith
Christian
Some of you have seen may challange thread. I started the challange to day and during part of my time with God He revealed to me that I have not had a good attitude towards the TEs on this board. I am not apologizing for what I believe, I am apologizing for my attitude and at times lack of respect to those who believe the TE side. I am sorry for my actions and words. I also need to apologize to the whole board as my actions does effect the whole body. I am sorry if my actions and words have affected you in a negative way. I ask all of you to please forgive me.

I have decided that I need to leave this forum because I get very passionate about what I believe and this is not necessarily a good thing on this board as it causes disunity in the body of Christ. Wish you all well.

Bullietdodger.

PS. I still encourage everyone to spend more time with God each day. It is vitally important to spend more time with Him. God bless!

Reactions: theFijian

Battie

Veteran
Dec 6, 2004
Northern Virginia
Visit site
✟9,989.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
No worries. I understand how easy it is to get fired up over issues that you find interesting. I have also struggled myself with the reality that while I enjoy debating I may be contributing the the discord between my fellow Christians.

And thank you for the encouragement to spend more time with God. While I did not agree with the premise of your challenge, it did remind my that I do not spend enough time with the Bible and that is something I need to fix.

God bless you wherever you go!

Upvote 0

laptoppop

Servant of the living God
May 19, 2006
Southern California
✟16,420.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thanks for the apology. No problem around here with strongly held opinions -- its just important to let others have them too, and to interact with respect and love. Also, nothing wrong with encouraging others to spend more quality time in the Word and in prayer - listening for that still small voice of our Father.
-lee-

Upvote 0

rmwilliamsll

avid reader
Mar 19, 2004
✟7,946.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
I think it is when emotions are strongest, where we are most carried away by them, that we need to step back and control them.

Passion is not a bad thing, but being carried to points unknown by it is not a wise thing to do. Passion supplies the push, the drive, but the direction and the means ought to be under reason's control.

look at James 3 where the tongue is compared to the rudder of a great ship, it could just as well been a metaphor for the relationship of reason and passion. Allow reason to guide the journey of your great ship, but the sails billow with the passions, with those great desires.

Upvote 0

pastorkevin73

Jan 8, 2006
Canada
✟16,029.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Awesome. Great job bullietdodger! It is great that you have humbled yourself.

By the way, your challange is a great thing. Being challanged to spend more time with God is always a good thing. We all could probably spend more time with God. I know that I should have the tv off more and spend more time with God and come more intimate with Him.

Upvote 0

Lilandra

Princess-Majestrix
Dec 9, 2004
state of mind
Visit site
✟19,703.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
It helps to post stuff like this. I know sometimes I get a skewed view of YECs. Alot of the time. I hear from ones who are happy to tell me I am going to Hell etc.

Although sometimes I haven't been as Christian during a debate myself, I have never told someone that they aren't a Christian, etc.

Perhaps YECs and TEs can try harder to edify each other as Christians despite doctrinal disputes.
bullietdodger said:
Some of you have seen may challange thread. I started the challange to day and during part of my time with God He revealed to me that I have not had a good attitude towards the TEs on this board. I am not apologizing for what I believe, I am apologizing for my attitude and at times lack of respect to those who believe the TE side. I am sorry for my actions and words. I also need to apologize to the whole board as my actions does effect the whole body. I am sorry if my actions and words have affected you in a negative way. I ask all of you to please forgive me.

I have decided that I need to leave this forum because I get very passionate about what I believe and this is not necessarily a good thing on this board as it causes disunity in the body of Christ. Wish you all well.

Bullietdodger.

PS. I still encourage everyone to spend more time with God each day. It is vitally important to spend more time with Him. God bless!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.