Apologists, catechists, theologians: Wake up!

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,664,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
After perusing the latest Pew Study on why young people are leaving the active practice of Christianity, I confess that I just sighed in exasperation. I don't doubt for a moment the sincerity of those that responded to the survey, but the reasons they offer for abandoning Christianity are just so uncompelling.

Continued below.
http://www.wordonfire.org/resources/article/apologists-catechists-theologians-wake-up/5257/

what passes with the responders as their 'reasons' are actually what happened to their brain when it came into contact with the myriads of college professors who are athiests.

We know that by looking at those reasons that every one of them can easily be refuted. But all during their shool years these students have been taught that 'the teacher is always right' and 'the teacher knows more than I do, which is why they are the teacher."

They haven't been taught (or else haven't been given permission to question) what they are being taught.

so when they get to high school and they actually begin to really think about things and realize that there could be more than one 'correct' idea out there, they have a very difficult time in breaking through that pre-conditioning that has gotten them passing grades as a result of just parroting the responses all through their school years.

This happens because instead of being taught to think and analyze and put down good roots of thought and analysis, they have been spoon fed the answers to the tests, only to regurgitate without understanding what it is that they have learned--and that is a very detailed script.
That scripting in turn leaves them vulnerable when in college. those roots that should have been previously developed, are in turn assulted with athiestic thought patterns, such as the ones that are evident in their responses.

All those answers represent is that which has been taught to them in college (and which they are now agreeing with because they know nothing different), and are subsequently parroting as their own thoughts.
Just like they have been taught to do by the educational system.

There is a song written in 1962 that records this perfectly.
http://people.wku.edu/charles.smith/MALVINA/mr094.htm

Upvote 0