Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh! Ive seen all those except for facing the giants. Sorry I didnt get the reference.
I bought a copy of War Room today for a friend who really wants to see it. i saw it at the movies, really good.
Could start another thread about that or all the sherwood pictures if you want to discuss.

Reactions: royal priest
Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
What characters did ppl like? Which one annoyed you the most? Can you relate to any in particular?

Well, I suppose I can relate to the main guy (I cannot remember his name), since I am also kind of like that teenager who wants to stand for his case and prove that God is real.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,865.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Josh.
I relate to the girl from the muslim family even though im not muslim, living with an unbelieving family and atheist mother is like that. If she knew I was doing bible ministry she wouldnt like it.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Josh.
I relate to the girl from the muslim family even though im not muslim, living with an unbelieving family and atheist mother is like that. If she knew I was doing bible ministry she wouldnt like it.
I can so relate, Goodbook. So many Christians share this lonely lot. Matthew 10:35.

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Josh.

I can so relate, Goodbook. So many Christians share this lonely lot. Matthew 10:35.

I always have such great sympathy for such Christians who have been born in non-Christian families and only converted later. Having been raised in a Christian family and constantly supported by my parents whenever I wanted to go to church and/or work for the Lord, I truly recognise this as a great blessing, I thank God for it, and I pray that God may help you who have not had this blessing. However, I suppose that perhaps it still has its own advantages, right?

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I always have such great sympathy for such Christians who have been born in non-Christian families and only converted later. Having been raised in a Christian family and constantly supported by my parents whenever I wanted to go to church and/or work for the Lord, I truly recognise this as a great blessing, I thank God for it, and I pray that God may help you who have not had this blessing. However, I suppose that perhaps it still has its own advantages, right?
As painful and difficult as it may be, there certainly are good things that come out of it. By God's grace, I have enjoyed those advantages inherent in the trial as part of God's redemptive purposes for His people.
Your faith is definitely tried when some whom you have loved and trusted your entire life, begin to reject and criticize you.
The closer are to your family, the greater the tension and opportunities for them to persecute you. But, here is where the tender shoot of the soul thrives the most in the soil of Christ's love. It was when Paul was in prison, abandoned by his co-laborers, that he could say: 2 Timothy 4:16-17.
When God, the vinedresser prunes us of our hope in the things of this world, we discover that Jesus is our only real hope, and our roots are enabled to dig further into His love. Trials are God's pruning shears, and by His work of removing our confidence in this world, He enables us to bear fruit for the world to come.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So-called "Christian" movies, books or supposed ministries that do not preach the Gospel of Christ as He is in truth are pointless exercises in intellectualism. Biblical apologetics isn't trying to get someone to believe that God exists or to decide that God is real for if you do that what have you done for them? You have made them no better than the Jews who believe in God or the Muslims who believe in a god. No our mission and command is to preach the Gospel because it is the power of God unto salvation to them that believe. Modern apologetics is nothing more than an intellectual debate and useless. We are to do all that we can to ensure that sinners do business with Christ and His claims.

Here is what Paul said to the Corinthians:
(1Co 2:1) And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

(1Co 2:2) For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

(1Co 2:3) And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling.

(1Co 2:4) And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:

(1Co 2:5) That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

What have you done if all you do is use man's wisdom to cause a sinner to believe that God is? We are never to trifle with the souls of men. Paul didn't and we shouldn't either. The preaching of the Gospel is the power of God and that should be our aim always.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
So-called "Christian" movies, books or supposed ministries that do not preach the Gospel of Christ as He is in truth are pointless exercises in intellectualism. Biblical apologetics isn't trying to get someone to believe that God exists or to decide that God is real for if you do that what have you done for them? You have made them no better than the Jews who believe in God or the Muslims who believe in a god.
Very true. It's a sad testimony to the condition of our world. It is so godless and empty of religion that all it takes to get many Christians excited is the bare mention of the word, god. Sometimes all it takes is for a stranger, who professes to be a Christian, to mention God or that they go to church and we're convinced this stranger must be a Christian!

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Very true. It's a sad testimony to the condition of our world. It is so godless and empty of religion that all it takes to get many Christians excited is the bare mention of the word, god. Sometimes all it takes is for a stranger, who professes to be a Christian, to mention God or that they go to church and we're convinced this stranger must be a Christian!
What is sad is that there are so many who are trying to argue folks into the kingdom of God through Creation arguments and nonsense such as that but they never mention Christ Jesus the Lord. They want to make the world believe in God but do not care for their souls at all. They devote so much time and money to their intellectual arguments and debates over whether God created this world or not, whether it was a young earth or an old one and such nonsense that they are truly trifling with the souls of men. When Satan can get folks off of the true Gospel and on to prophecy, creationism and apologetics he has won the day. People must be made to deal with Christ and His claims.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
What is sad is that there are so many who are trying to argue folks into the kingdom of God through Creation arguments and nonsense such as that but they never mention Christ Jesus the Lord. They want to make the world believe in God but do not care for their souls at all. They devote so much time and money to their intellectual arguments and debates over whether God created this world or not, whether it was a young earth or an old one and such nonsense that they are truly trifling with the souls of men. When Satan can get folks off of the true Gospel and on to prophecy, creationism and apologetics he has won the day. People must be made to deal with Christ and His claims.
Christ is the offensive part. Acts of the Apostles 17:31-32

Reactions: mikedsjr
Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Christ is the offensive part. Acts of the Apostles 17:31-32
The natural man is always offended by the true Gospel. You might notice that when they preached the Gospel in the book of Acts one or both of two things happened: some believed and the rest wanted to kill the preacher. Nothing has changed. If you preach the true Gospel you will be in danger if they, especially the religious folks, can get away with murdering you. They want to shut you up. Not because they are offended by you but because they are offended by the true Christ who is God.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟897,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
It seems to me a lot of baptists, if they do go onto further tertiary study, tend to attend bible colleges. Of course.
But I wasn't brought up baptist, so never had the opportunity, my family or mum probably would have disowned me. Or they do things like nursing or teaching. Not law, as Josh in the movie did.

I did first year Law but quit for a promotion at work, so never say never :D

I liked the movie too and I agree that not every movie needs to be evangelistic. Some people don't like being told that they're being told what they need to hear. For people like that it's best to plant seeds, hope the Lord moves within them and they take it upon themselves to pursue what we hoped they would in either approach.

Was it War Room? The prayer one? That one wasn't evangelistic either really but I know for me it highlighted that I wanted to work more on my prayer life, so I am really grateful for that.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
The natural man is always offended by the true Gospel. You might notice that when they preached the Gospel in the book of Acts one or both of two things happened: some believed and the rest wanted to kill the preacher. Nothing has changed. If you preach the true Gospel you will be in danger if they, especially the religious folks, can get away with murdering you. They want to shut you up. Not because they are offended by you but because they are offended by the true Christ who is God.
And isn't the swift escalation of this danger of much concern here in the states.

Upvote 0

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,534.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
And isn't the swift escalation of this danger of much concern here in the states.
No more than it was during the time of the Apostles. God is in control to be sure. I will continue to preach His truth and His Gospel and leave all the rest to Him in whose hands I am.

Upvote 0

royal priest

debtor to grace
Nov 1, 2015
Northeast, USA
✟181,424.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No more than it was during the time of the Apostles. God is in control to be sure. I will continue to preach His truth and His Gospel and leave all the rest to Him in whose hands I am.
May God have mercy. Even so, it is notable to see the secularization of this nation changing with perhaps the greatest intensity ever experienced these past few centuries.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was it War Room? The prayer one? That one wasn't evangelistic either really but I know for me it highlighted that I wanted to work more on my prayer life, so I am really grateful for that.

I'm actually reading the book Fervent based from the real "Clara" and learning how to pray and be a warrior of light :p FFXIV pun, sorry had to.

Reactions: High Fidelity
Upvote 0