anyone who knows a young teen should watch this...

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Remember the B.T.K killer. He was an important person in his church. Wasn't he a preacher or something like that? I can't remember.

thirstforknowledge said:
Why?

Personality disorders and mental problems cause people to be pedophiles. This has an effect on everyone, everywhere. Honestly, the fact that people think religious people would be able to overcome this, doesn't mean that a belief in God or being a member of some type of church will really cause them to overcome this. Problems like this need years and years of treatment to overcome, and even that doesn't sometimes work.

You cannot change years upon years of social learning and conditioning, which causes this. YOu can only learn to control it. Once a person's personality is set, it just is.

Upvote 0
H

Helo

Actually I USED to see alot of this kind of thing happen in chatrooms, but Ive seen a marked decrease in the past two or so years.

Guys like this are affraid to do it because they dont know who could possibly be a stinger (online term for people who pose as young teenagers to get people like this). Plus this kind of thing is hard to prosecute if the predator doesnt initiate the conversation, if the stinger intiates it, it can be considered entrapment and the case will probably get thrown out

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's what I want to know. If I had kids that young I wouldn't let them go into chat rooms and I would try to monitor who they chat with and where they go. Since I would be the parent it would be my personal responsibility. My dad didn't get our family the internet until I was at least in the sixth grade to where I could at least have some consceious of what I was doing and they told me to not give out personal info etc. Even at church a good long time ago the youth leader had a sermon about things like that (it was Sunday night) dealing with your tv and computer etc.

BlessEwe said:
No, :D He plays internet games and I have already talked to him about giving out any personal info.

I can't beleave boys so young are in these chat rooms, where are the parents?

Upvote 0

LittlePinky82

Nov 26, 2005
Tennessee
✟950.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Oh I'm sure. And yes. Having the discussion or at least making them watch some report about it is the best thing you can do. Even to scare them. ;)

Helo said:
Its hard to keep up with a teenager or a kid online. My parents were worried about this thing but Ive had the internet for 10 years now and nothing bad has ever happend.

They tried those "child-proof" software bundles, theyre a joke, if you know what to jimmy the right way theyre as secure as tissue paper.

The best defense is brains

Upvote 0