1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Anyone like Digimon?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by doctorwho29, Nov 20, 2011.

1. doctorwho29

doctorwho29 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    I do. I haven't seen every episode but I still really like it especially season 1 (Digimon Adventure). I love the story of the children and how they come to be a team and family. Of course the monster battles are also pretty cool. I watch Japanese subbed episodes whenever possible because it's so much better than the American dub.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider

Faith:
    Catholic
    Yep! I love digimon. It had so much character development than what I expected. I watched S1 to S4. S3 was one of my top fave as to how Digimon got gritty and darker and edgier than its parent show.

3. Paradoxum

Paradoxum Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!

Faith:
    Humanist
    I loooooooooooooooved Digimon as a kid!! XD

Watched series 1-3, but then it stopped showing or a grew up or something I didn't see the 4th :p

Ah, remember the times when the hardest thing about my day was getting back home in time to watch that days episode of Digimon :D

Gatomon FTW!!

4. doctorwho29

doctorwho29 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    Cool guys. Yeah I like season 3 for it's darkness but season 1 will just always have a special place with me.

5. MoonlessNight

MoonlessNight Vulpes non rectis iternibus currere potest

Faith:
    Catholic
    I never really saw the show when it was on and wasn't really interested in what I did see. I saw some of Tamers, but that was more of a following voice actors thing (hearing Steven Blum doing a voice that didn't sound a thing like Spike Spiegel got me intrigued).

But now I think that I might check out some of the movies. I really loved The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, and so would like to see more of director Mamoru Hosoda's work. And apparently he directed the first two Digimon movies. But also apparently, those aren't available in America except in a heavily edited form so I don't know what I'll do. But then again I've watched horribly edited movies for Gundam so maybe I'm used to it.

6. Lucy Feild

Lucy Feild Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    My brother loves Digimon and always play it in PS2.

7. doctorwho29

doctorwho29 Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    I'm not certain, MoonlessNight, but I think you can find the unedited movies on the internet (Youtube is a good place to look)

8. Azureknight 773

Azureknight 773 IXA the Knight Kamen Rider

Faith:
    Catholic
    Hey! Youtbe's got Toei's channel. It might not be found there anymore because Toei takes down any episodes that other users upload, like Kamen Rider W.

9. Fenny the Fox

Fenny the Fox Junior Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I used to love it (still enjoy it, of course), but only really watched the first 3, maybe 4, seasons.

10. bitter2sweet

bitter2sweet Newbie

Faith:
    Muslim
    i liked it until it go un digtial. they did the weird yugi oh thing where they swip the card for a digimon. i like the good old days when people could travel to the digimon world and meet they digimon like in season one. lol

11. Jasminoodle

Jasminoodle Newbie

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    oooh yes, pees me off when people say that its copied pokemon... its COMPLETELY different. season 1 is the best of course, I could actually draw a few Christian parallels from it as well (what with the whole devimon/angemon thing and what have you) season 2 was good as well, even though the original guys looked a bit weird older ( but I had a massive crush on T.K when I was younger so I was not complaining ;) ) season 3 as most people have said, was epic, it was just the whole serious edge to it that got me going "digi-modify!"
    frontier looks crap, I watched one episode and wasn't impressed so I was like screw that.
    Ive watched a couple of data squad episodes and it seems ok, but its one of those that i'll happily watch if its on, but im not gonna go out and buy the DVD. it jus dosent have that digimon magic that it used to tbh. (and what happened to Agumon guys?!!)
    so yeah, that's my lowdown on Digimon!
    btw... I have a massive debate in my head as to which is my favourite digimon, coz theres so many I equally like. its deffo between Renamon, Gatomon or Gabumon

12. Bristecom

Bristecom Newbie

Faith:
    Christian
    I like/liked the first few seasons of Digimon. Although I usually prefer subs, I really enjoyed this dub. The voice actors were good and there were jokes that certainly weren't from the original Japanese script. :p

13. raheelbs

raheelbs New Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I used to like it but that was a long time back, Currently Naruto is the best series going on

14. jw203

jw203 Newbie

Faith:
    Baptist
    I used to watch it as a kid.

15. LinkxPeach

LinkxPeach Member

Faith:
    Christian
    I like the first three seasons. I agree with the story though but I like it because of the character art and digimon design. I watch all of the digimon seasons including xros wars.