Belton, TX
✟139,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do. I haven't seen every episode but I still really like it especially season 1 (Digimon Adventure). I love the story of the children and how they come to be a team and family. Of course the monster battles are also pretty cool. I watch Japanese subbed episodes whenever possible because it's so much better than the American dub.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I loooooooooooooooved Digimon as a kid!! XD

Watched series 1-3, but then it stopped showing or a grew up or something I didn't see the 4th :p

Ah, remember the times when the hardest thing about my day was getting back home in time to watch that days episode of Digimon :D

Gatomon FTW!!

Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I never really saw the show when it was on and wasn't really interested in what I did see. I saw some of Tamers, but that was more of a following voice actors thing (hearing Steven Blum doing a voice that didn't sound a thing like Spike Spiegel got me intrigued).

But now I think that I might check out some of the movies. I really loved The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and Summer Wars, and so would like to see more of director Mamoru Hosoda's work. And apparently he directed the first two Digimon movies. But also apparently, those aren't available in America except in a heavily edited form so I don't know what I'll do. But then again I've watched horribly edited movies for Gundam so maybe I'm used to it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jasminoodle

Aug 2, 2012
✟7,674.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
oooh yes, pees me off when people say that its copied pokemon... its COMPLETELY different. season 1 is the best of course, I could actually draw a few Christian parallels from it as well (what with the whole devimon/angemon thing and what have you) season 2 was good as well, even though the original guys looked a bit weird older ( but I had a massive crush on T.K when I was younger so I was not complaining ;) ) season 3 as most people have said, was epic, it was just the whole serious edge to it that got me going "digi-modify!"
frontier looks crap, I watched one episode and wasn't impressed so I was like screw that.
Ive watched a couple of data squad episodes and it seems ok, but its one of those that i'll happily watch if its on, but im not gonna go out and buy the DVD. it jus dosent have that digimon magic that it used to tbh. (and what happened to Agumon guys?!!)
so yeah, that's my lowdown on Digimon!
btw... I have a massive debate in my head as to which is my favourite digimon, coz theres so many I equally like. its deffo between Renamon, Gatomon or Gabumon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums