Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I love Christmas carols and I thought a wonderful way to say merry Christmas to everybody and celebrate the next couple days with you folks is to share our favorite Christmas carols with each other. :)

Just post a link to your favorite Youtube Christmas carol. If you don't know how, all you have to do is copy and paste the address of the page that the video is one.

I'll start it out, here goes,

Nat King Cole, The Christmas Song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQa6d2AzE5I

And Charlotte Church, Oh Holy Night
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRqy...wthread.php?t=6625761&feature=player_embedded

nephilimiyr

I've Been Keepin My Eyes Wide Open
Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This evening, as every Christmas for years, our village held it's open air carol service.

It seems to grow every year - I'm sure there were just a few hundred of us there when we first came here 13 years ago, but last year there were 2000, and this year looked to be somewhere around 3000 people gathered on the square to sing - from a village of a little over 2000 houses.

We always sing the same handful of well known carols, with a few verses cut, to keep it all short and simple, and it works - despite the fact that very few of those present have a living faith, every year they come back to sing Christian carols and listen to the traditional short gospel readings as our Baptist, Anglican, Methodist and Roman Catholic ministers come together to lead this special service.

For me it's a very special time because one or two of the people dear to me will come, even though they call themselves atheists. It's the real start of Christmas for me.

I love to look around me as we sing in the crowd and pray quietly in my heart that people will be touched by God as they join in the "singalong" that might mean nothing but tradition to them as yet...those words are so powerful!

""I love Thee Lord Jesus, look down from the sky, and stay by my side until morning is nigh..."

"Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay close by me forever and love me I pray..."

Oh Lord, take those words and burn them into their hearts! Make the prayer a genuine heartfelt appeal to enter into relationship with You, their Saviour.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTanq0Jh5g&feature=related

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Neph,

Come over, carolling is a way of life in the pacific nations. Plus we have blue skies and 30 Degrees Celcius weather.....

I'd more than love to come and visist you face to face there in the beautiful south Pacific NaLuvena but I hope it's never during Christmas. I'm from the great white north of America and Christmas to me is snow, cold, sitting by an open fire, snowmobiling, and all that good kind of stuff! However, later in January, it's a total different thing! :D

I pray the best Christmas memories rule your days during this most blessed time of year. :)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
This evening, as every Christmas for years, our village held it's open air carol service.

It seems to grow every year - I'm sure there were just a few hundred of us there when we first came here 13 years ago, but last year there were 2000, and this year looked to be somewhere around 3000 people gathered on the square to sing - from a village of a little over 2000 houses.

We always sing the same handful of well known carols, with a few verses cut, to keep it all short and simple, and it works - despite the fact that very few of those present have a living faith, every year they come back to sing Christian carols and listen to the traditional short gospel readings as our Baptist, Anglican, Methodist and Roman Catholic ministers come together to lead this special service.

For me it's a very special time because one or two of the people dear to me will come, even though they call themselves atheists. It's the real start of Christmas for me.

I love to look around me as we sing in the crowd and pray quietly in my heart that people will be touched by God as they join in the "singalong" that might mean nothing but tradition to them as yet...those words are so powerful!

""I love Thee Lord Jesus, look down from the sky, and stay by my side until morning is nigh..."

"Be near me Lord Jesus, I ask Thee to stay close by me forever and love me I pray..."

Oh Lord, take those words and burn them into their hearts! Make the prayer a genuine heartfelt appeal to enter into relationship with You, their Saviour.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=bCTanq0Jh5g&feature=related
Away in a manger was always one of my favorites as a kid! :clap:

That must be such a great thing when it happens, traditions like that are what can make Christmas such a special time of the year to everyone no matter the circumstance. :)

In my town they tried to make one of those Guiness world records by promoting a caroling downtown. the most people in one spot to carol christmas songs. Many people were excited about it, even I was. Then the song list came out, big mistake. None of the songs had anything to do with Jesus. There was a big protest, people writting into the paper and all. The promoters of the thing claimed it was an over sight and added Silent Night and The First Noel to the list but by that time most people were turned off to the event and only several hundred showed up. :sigh:
This year, there was nothing. :(

Anyway, this ones for you!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o8-eLZhrOA

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NaLuvena

Nov 18, 2008
Apia, Samoa
✟10,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd more than love to come and visist you face to face there in the beautiful south Pacific NaLuvena but I hope it's never during Christmas. I'm from the great white north of America and Christmas to me is snow, cold, sitting by an open fire, snowmobiling, and all that good kind of stuff! However, later in January, it's a total different thing! :D

I pray the best Christmas memories rule your days during this most blessed time of year. :)

Well, the weather is the same here all year round. Always sunny.

Merry Christmas my friend, from your friend, originally from the country that sees the first Christmas sunrise every year, posting from the country that sees the last Christmas sunrise every year.

BTW, when you do come, let me know, I know of a few "topics" that can surely occupy us ^_^^_^

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
BTW, when you do come, let me know, I know of a few "topics" that can surely occupy us ^_^^_^
I'd love to come but my budget wont allow me. :(

As for topics, LOL, do we really need to plan in advance?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Thanks Neph, I've finished caroling because it now 365 days to Christmas in my country.
Hmmm, Well, Christmas is about the season Eljah2, not the day. Especially when you realize that December 25th really is not jesus's birthday. ;)

Upvote 0

nephilimiyr

Jan 21, 2003
Wausau Wisconsin
Visit site
✟40,552.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Here in the Central time zone of America it is now after midnight, 12:00 high, Christmas day!

Time for the Creme de la creme :)
Handel's Messiah

For he shall reign for ever and ever! :clap:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Elijah2

No weapons formed against me will prosper.
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
✟26,096.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm, Well, Christmas is about the season Eljah2, not the day. Especially when you realize that December 25th really is not jesus's birthday. ;)

Sorry mate, I was just making a point that the countdown in my country to CHristmas 2009 had just begun, another 365 days to Christmas, as your country is 24 hours behind us.:)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.