IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ugh. The house is a mess since I've not been able to really use my hand since Tuesday. (it's better now). Unfortunately that means I have to clean it up now that I can use it again. UGH. Hate cleaning. Is there any way to talk yourself into liking this stuff?

R

RayofSun

Yup, but there's a large difference between cleaning and organizing.
I love love love to organize things (yes I realize this is almost unhealthy :D) However general house cleaning isn't the most pleasant thing to endure. Is there anything worse than laundry though? I have seriously considered buying new clothes rather than having to go home and do a couple loads. Luckily my laziness hasn't gotten the better of me. Phew *wipes brow and pats wallet*

Upvote 0

leothelioness

Apr 4, 2006
Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I hate it and I'm absolutely horrible at it. As a kid, my idea of "cleaning" my room consisted of putting all the junk either in my closet or under my bed. :D

So, I either hope to marry a man who is good at cleaning house or I'll just hire a maid. lol

Upvote 0

Revived

Fighting the good fight of faith.
Mar 25, 2009
Planted by the water
Visit site
✟30,494.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Is there any way to talk yourself into liking this stuff?

24.gif

No.

Upvote 0

IreneAdler

more binah in her finger than in your whole body
Oct 12, 2009
✟22,392.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
lol, I can keep it clean as long as my "schedule" isn't interrupted. Problem is that happens and it's like an A bomb went off in the house (with a 5 yo and teenager there) after a couple days.

I think what irritates me most is trying to find places for things and/or the repetitive cleaning things no one else does (like dishes, or putting toilet paper on the roll - how hard IS that really?)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stravinsk

Neo Baroque/Rococo Classical Artist
Mar 4, 2009
Australia
✟9,955.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ugh. The house is a mess since I've not been able to really use my hand since Tuesday. (it's better now). Unfortunately that means I have to clean it up now that I can use it again. UGH. Hate cleaning. Is there any way to talk yourself into liking this stuff?

Yes - but you must replace the red with a new attitudes and *act* on them.

I don't know anyone, including myself, who doesn't like things clean. It's much nicer when things are clean around your place - and cleaning means in part - more organisation - which makes life easier.

I try to remember the above, but I'm not perfect either. I let things get messy sometimes. But - No one will do my cleaning for me - and I'll not hire someone to do it. Having a grumbling attitude towards it makes it 1000x more of a chore than it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.