Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm feeling particularly down, Nobody invited me over for Thanksgiving, and even asked some of my relatives their plans, fishing for an invitation, they know I'm alone, and I still didn't get invited anywhere... and that disappointed and depressed me even more...

Anyone else in this position?

God Bless!

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm sorry you had to spend the holiday alone. You could just have invited yourself over.
I'm not the type of person to impose myself like that, and besides that it wouldn't mean the same if nobody invited you and you just show up, I can't do that but nobody in my family, who knew I was alone with no plans, when I asked them what they were doing for Thanksgiving, nobody cared enough to ask me what I was doing, that's OK it's not the first time my family (That's left alive, the good ones who would have all died) not the first time my family has let me down, thanks for caring,

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
I am by myself. My son took off earlier today and went to my sisters but I want to just stay home and cook a brisket and watch the Cowboys play the Panthers.

Later I am going to pop in The Searchers and enjoy it. The Godfather is on but I see no greatness in a movie that makes me want to kill my enemies.

I am very grateful for this day of rest. I may not be with family and friends but I am healthy and have plenty of food in the fridge.

Society puts too much pressure on celebrating holidays but I like being able to use that day for rest and learning how to be humble.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I am by myself. My son took off earlier today and went to my sisters but I want to just stay home and cook a brisket and watch the Cowboys play the Panthers.

Later I am going to pop in The Searchers and enjoy it. The Godfather is on but I see no greatness in a movie that makes me want to kill my enemies.

I am very grateful for this day of rest. I may not be with family and friends but I am healthy and have plenty of food in the fridge.

Society puts too much pressure on celebrating holidays but I like being able to use that day for rest and learning how to be humble.
You might not be able to appreciate them being gone, and some time to yourself if everyone was gone out of your life all the time, and everyday, 24 hours a day, there is no one, I'm 36, I have no surviving parents or grandparents, no siblings, no children, no mate, just me, disabled, spending 24 hours a day staring at four walls with no one to call...

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Matthew 12:46-49

I find God's Word a comfort when I am down and dwelling on the past. When I feel my spirit in such despair I turn to Him. Your physical family maybe out of the picture, but you have family in the Spirit of His Kingdom. Don't despair, rejoice! :D

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
You might not be able to appreciate them being gone, and some time to yourself if everyone was gone out of your life all the time, and everyday, 24 hours a day, there is no one, I'm 36, I have no surviving parents or grandparents, no siblings, no children, no mate, just me, disabled, spending 24 hours a day staring at four walls with no one to call...

Have you ever though about upgrading to a room with five walls? It would be like meeting somebody new. Just kidding.

Are you able to get out and volunteer at homeless shelters or other things?

If I may ask what is your disability?

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Matthew 12:46-49

I find God's Word a comfort when I am down and dwelling on the past. When I feel my spirit in such despair I turn to Him. Your physical family maybe out of the picture, but you have family in the Spirit of His Kingdom. Don't despair, rejoice! :D

So true.

I am learning that I am really tired of people of this world. They hate, power play, love evil and treat others badly.

I am finding that I find more comfort in being alone than being with worldly people. I do enjoy the comfort of Christians but they are few and far between.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Have you ever though about upgrading to a room with five walls? It would be like meeting somebody new. Just kidding.

Are you able to get out and volunteer at homeless shelters or other things?

If I may ask what is your disability?
No, most days I can't, I am a paranoid scitzophenic (I hear voices), with social anxiety, PTSD, depression, and mood disorders, this makes it difficult to socialize and make friends, when I'm having symptoms I can't do anything...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So true.

I am learning that I am really tired of people of this world. They hate, power play, love evil and treat others badly.

I am finding that I find more comfort in being alone than being with worldly people. I do enjoy the comfort of Christians but they are few and far between.

*nods* I can relate completely to this. Life is a constant battle between powers and principalities, but there is so much peace in the Word of God. I'd love to find Christians where I live, but it's like you said - so few and far.

No, most days I can't, I am a paranoid scitzophenic (I hear voices), with social anxiety, PTSD, depression, and mood disorders, this makes it difficult to socialize and make friends, when I'm having symptoms I can't do anything...

I'm sorry Neo, I'll be praying for ya!
:prayer: :prayer: :amen:

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What is the PTSD from?
When I hear voices, I get paranoid and fearful, the "fear" is the cause of the rest of the symptoms, I get so afraid that my heart skips a beat, or I jump at every little noise (PTSD)

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
When I hear voices, I get paranoid and fearful, the "fear" is the cause of the rest of the symptoms, I get so afraid that my heart skips a beat, or I jump at every little noise (PTSD)

Are you getting help?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I posted this on my FaceBook:

I'm tired of being bullied and tormented in my mind with these voices...

I'm tired of being paranoid, the feeling that someone is constantly watching me, or in conversations with others, or something that I hear or see on the T.V. or radio, thinking it is somehow about and directed at me, perhaps something the angel that trails me, good or bad (I don't know) is trying to communicate to me, and then getting paralyzed with fear, at which time I just want to hide in my room and curl up in the fetal position and just die, but sometimes I don't have the liberty to do that, so I have to "be strong", well, I'm tired of being strong, I don't have the strength... and when I do get isolated and in silence, unable to handle the T.V. radio, or peoples conversations, when I do isolate in silence, then the voices come and terrify me some more, so that, I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't...

I'm tired of multiple personalities in my head warring with each other...

In short, I'm tired... and sick of it all and I want it to stop, but it/they wont...

I don't know if I can live this way anymore...

I love you all!, thanks for listening...God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟894,529.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
It may be helpful to do a little something every now and then just to keep you sane.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,106,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I posted this on my FaceBook:

I'm tired of being bullied and tormented in my mind with these voices...

I'm tired of being paranoid, the feeling that someone is constantly watching me, or in conversations with others, or something that I hear or see on the T.V. or radio, thinking it is somehow about and directed at me, perhaps something the angel that trails me, good or bad (I don't know) is trying to communicate to me, and then getting paralyzed with fear, at which time I just want to hide in my room and curl up in the fetal position and just die, but sometimes I don't have the liberty to do that, so I have to "be strong", well, I'm tired of being strong, I don't have the strength... and when I do get isolated and in silence, unable to handle the T.V. radio, or peoples conversations, when I do isolate in silence, then the voices come and terrify me some more, so that, I'm damned if I do, and damned if I don't...

I'm tired of multiple personalities in my head warring with each other...

In short, I'm tired... and sick of it all and I want it to stop, but it/they wont...

I don't know if I can live this way anymore...

I love you all!, thanks for listening...God Bless!
Hey, God Bless you too, Brother
I was wondering if you have any interests that may be considered a hobby but can be therapeutic as well.

I have a dear friend who's husband has the same illness that you do. They were young, married, college art students when the symptoms presented. One of the things that helped him was to paint pictures. He stopped watching all TV because of the same things you say happens with you. Over the years he produced some wonderful art that has sold in small galleries.
I know another man who beads pictures and it helps him. They are amazing and he gives them away. He is a Christian.

God has given us talents that we may not even know we have. Do you like music? You might think about getting a guitar. You can pick up a pretty good one at a pawn shop for a reasonable price. Then just start playing with it. For all you know you may find the composer inside you.

I know it's an old saying but I believe it....God never made any junk, He never created anything worthless, and He certainly didn't save you just to sit alone in four walls, doing nothing in sorrow.
I will pray for you. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Hey, God Bless you too, Brother
I was wondering if you have any interests that may be considered a hobby but can be therapeutic as well.

I have a dear friend who's husband has the same illness that you do. They were young, married, college art students when the symptoms presented. One of the things that helped him was to paint pictures. He stopped watching all TV because of the same things you say happens with you. Over the years he produced some wonderful art that has sold in small galleries.
I know another man who beads pictures and it helps him. They are amazing and he gives them away. He is a Christian.

God has given us talents that we may not even know we have. Do you like music? You might think about getting a guitar. You can pick up a pretty good one at a pawn shop for a reasonable price. Then just start playing with it. For all you know you may find the composer inside you.

I know it's an old saying but I believe it....God never made any junk, He never created anything worthless, and He certainly didn't save you just to sit alone in four walls, doing nothing in sorrow.
I will pray for you. God Bless.
I Love music, but I cannot play a musical instrument... I used to make wooden staffs of a crooked (wicked) willow trees (they make the best looking staffs do to their crooked nature), I planned on trying to make enough to set up my own booth and sell them, I have given several away, I enjoy it, but right now, it's wintertime, not much to do...

Thanks for the caring response,

God Bless!

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
When im by myself I read books. I always find it best to read the Bible when Im worried or fearful.
I dont watch tv. Theres too much junk on tv.
And I write.

You are not your diagnosis, if you are saved, you are a christian first and not condemned. Ask others to pray for you and Jesus to set you free. Im sorry about you not having immediate family, but God sets the lonely in families. So He will send you friends. If youve come to CF you can have friends here. You can chat to people on here.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0