anyone doing something for the inauguration?

Cimorene

Supporter
Jan 7, 2016
Toronto
✟246,655.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
I'm an American but we moved to Canada a couple of years ago. I'll be spending Friday being thankful to my parents. :) I might even make them a cake!

I want to go the march in Toronto on Saturday that is in solidarity with the one in DC but I'm working. Friends are going.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Alright, this coming Friday is the inauguration and I'm wondering: anyone going to it? or to any of the anti-inauguration events people have planned around the Country? :scratch:
tulc(would be interested in any ones plans) :wave:

With the purported figures coming out of the Labor dept, we should be rest assured most of the adult population will be at work on Friday.

:)

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Alright, this coming Friday is the inauguration and I'm wondering: anyone going to it? or to any of the anti-inauguration events people have planned around the Country? :scratch:

I'm making a point to watch something else on TV... low Nielsen ratings should make for amusing Twitter feeds over the weekend.

Reactions: Cimorene
Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ignoring it.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Drinking.

Slightly more serious answer: immersing myself in things that I enjoy rather than focusing on things that will upset me, like the c̶o̶r̶o̶n̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ inauguration.

I don't really wish Trump well, but I do wish the country well. Regardless of how I feel about the man, I hope there's a peaceful transfer of power along with non-violent protests.
Ringo

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Collecting salt. We might have another ice storm.

There will be a lot of salt to collect on inauguration day, though not the kind of salt that's useful for ice.

Upvote 0

Belk

Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟891,635.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married

The wife and I will be going to the woman's march. The wife will actually be over in D.C. while I get to stay in Seattle and take care of the dog.

Upvote 0

Darkhorse

just horsing around
Aug 10, 2005
mid-Atlantic
Visit site
✟288,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll be watching on TV, and cheering, and thanking God that we got the right person at the right time!

Just for the record, I watched Obama's first inauguration also - and saw how he couldn't repeat the Oath of Office.

Upvote 0