Apr 24, 2007
South Wales
✟7,633.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello there,

I'm a grad student (and newcomer to CF) - I would love to chat with others who share my faith and love in Christ! I live in South Wales in the UK and I'm working towards a PhD in legal education

Hope to hear from you soon

Peace and love be with you always, in His name

r2c2

ps I know what you mean about the salary issue - still at least we get to study the stuff we love!

:prayer: :preach: :holy: :angel:

Upvote 0

emmzee

Oct 3, 2004
Ontario Canada
Visit site
✟7,930.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'll be completing my MTS (Masters of Theological Studies) degree this summer. Nice to talk to other grad students! Tho I'll soon be done school for now, I'm still keeping the door open for further study later, likely in Philosophy of Religion or somesuch subject with the intention of getting my PhD and teaching. :) (I have a prioritized list of schools offering MA in Philosophy / Philosophy of Religion courses that I'd like to attend in a year or two after I've worked for awhile!)

Upvote 0

arunma

Flaming Calvinist
Apr 29, 2004
✟19,415.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice to meet you guys! I myself just started grad school, and I'm starting on my research in a couple of weeks (I'm doing a PhD in physics). Great to meet some other Christians doing the same thing.

And R2ct, I fully agree that the low pay is well worth getting to study what you enjoy!

Upvote 0

r2c2

Apr 24, 2007
South Wales
✟7,633.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hello again!

It really makes me smile :clap: to get to chat to other grad students! What's post-grad education like where you all live?

Here in the UK it's basically like a full-time job and often involves teaching or working as a research assistant. That's what I've been doing for the last year and I've really enjoyed it. I'm hoping to get a scholarship before getting into my PhD fully (I'm right at the beginning at the mo and have only just registered.) :angel:

Is it similar where you are or do any of you work full-time and study?

I'm really hoping to become an academic so that I can write and teach on a permanent basis at a university - where do you all think your post-grad studies might take you?

Hope to hear from you soon :prayer:

Peace and love be with you always - may the Lord guide and bless us on this path He has chosen :preach:

r2c2 :groupray:

Upvote 0

BrianN

Deus Caritas Est
Feb 17, 2007
Rockford, IL
✟8,050.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Currently applying overseas (in the UK, from the US) for MPhil/PhD scheme in hopefully both philosophy and theology, via occasional visits. What a small world r2c2, one place I'm applying to is the University of Wales, Lampeter; and I suppose to the other philosophy students.

Upvote 0

andross77

Sep 12, 2006
✟17,696.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hi guys :wave: . Lord willing, i will be starting my MDiv this fall. It is at Liberty University and it's completely distance learning so i don't have to quit my current 40 hour a week job. Then when i graduate (again, Lord willing) i will go into full time ministry, just not sure exactly in what capacity yet. My dream is to do pastoral counseling and/or be a counselor at a large church. I'll let you guys know how everything is once i actually start, hehe. I'm just happy to have the opportunity to study something i'm very interested in. :D
</IMG></IMG>

Upvote 0