Anti-Preterism is the spirit of Antichrist.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This option is simply not available in regard to prophesies such as Ezekiel 36, which explicitly says that absolutely all of "the house of Israel" will again inhabit "the mountains, the hills, the rivers, the valleys, the desolate wastes, and the cities that have been forsaken" of "the land of Israel." Or Ezekiel 47, which precisely defines the borders of land of Israel in that day. Or Micah 5, which explicitly stated that
"When the Assyrian comes into our land,
And when he treads in our palaces,
Then we will raise against him
Seven shepherds and eight princely men.
They shall waste with the sword the land of Assyria,
And the land of Nimrod at its entrances."

There are a literal multitude of such prophecies, which explicitly foretell events that cannot even be pretended to have ever happened.

You really think 15 guys with swords are going to waste modern Assyria? What, anyway, is modern Assyria? And why would they waste Assyria? why not Iran? Or is it Iran? Why not Lebanon? There are rascals there naming soccer teams after homocide bombers? Swords? What will swords do vs IEDs?

I have to agree with Interplanner on this one.

Biblewriter, it's pretty clear you don't believe in a "Literal" fulfillment of the above prophesy, where 15 men with Swords destroy Syria, even though you believe it's fulfillment is still future.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess we will find out in the end (unless it has already happened.) I don't remember my knee bowing for Christ - that is, with every other person. But, I guess that is my carnality...

What about folks born without legs? How will their knee bow?

maybe they get a pass?

Upvote 0

A New Dawn

God is bigger than the boogeyman!
Mar 18, 2004
Raxacoricofallapatorius
Visit site
✟119,554.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
[c]Admin Hat

This thread is being closed because Preterism is not allowed to be discussed in the CO section (this forum, specifically) because it conflicts with the Nicene Creed. If you want to discuss Preterism, please go to Unorthodox Theology. Thank you.[/c]

Upvote 0

Metal Minister

New Year, Still Old School!
May 8, 2012
✟29,999.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Mod Hat On
5372130553_2425b09c51.jpg

This thread has been moved to Unorthodox Theology from Endtimes. Please remember, this is the only place Preterism can be discussed, and cannot be discussed in the Christians Only sections of the site. Thank you.
Mod Hat Off

Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
parousia70 - there are some who say that in the PESHITTA - an aramaic version of NT - it specifically says that "The lion and lamb will lay down together,

and the paraplegic will bow

and confess that Jesus is Lord"

I can neither confirm or deny the validity of these claims

Hi all! From THE OUTER LIMITS!

Once again, a thread is bounced from the fringe of orthodoxy into UT

kin ye say hally-loo-YUH?

Kin ye say HALLY-LOO-YAH?

GUH- low - reeeh

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
United States Virgin Islands
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
News Flash:

Be advised I probably misinterpreted Preterism because I thought Preterism was divided into three groups, Partial Preterism, Preterism, and Full Preterism. I thought Preterism was only defined as believing all prophecies fulfilled, which is my understanding of scripture, but it's not. Now that I stand partially corrected, I want everyone to know I do believe all prophecies are fulfilled, and we are still awaiting the "Wheat and Tares" rapture of this physical world into the New Shalem (the barn), my misinterpreted definition of Preterism.

What separates the "Wheat and Tares" rapture harvest from the sheep and goat , the "Whte Throne" judgement in Rev 20, is that there's no throne judgement in the "Wheat and Tares" rapture harvest.

I don't know what my interpretation is classified as, and I don't know if Full Preterism defines Christ's 2nd Coming as returning to this physical earth; or if its defined as I do, as a heavenly one; but this is my understanding of what I defined Preterism as in my opening post.

Word to the wise! :pray:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Anto9us

Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2013
Texas
✟95,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
will the alpaca be sub-divided between sheep and goats?

are there indeed 3 groups of prets?

i thot just two

partials and fulls

are there any double-secret probationary preterists?

the lion shall lay down with the tokapi

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by precepts
Any doctrine that goes against Preterism is of the Antichrist spirit because Preterism is the one and true interpretation of Matthew 24 and the advent of Christ's heavenly kingdom. The spirit of Antichrist attempts to hide the truth of the 4th and 5th beast kingdoms of Rome, the antichrist, and the false prophet by promoting a future nation of Israel who denies Christ to be God's chosen, awaiting fulfillment of OT prophecies, regardless of numerous NT teachings of the new Israel being all who believe on Christ, blaspheming the scriptures. The spirit of Antichrist also denies foundational scriptural facts without regard to logic. It's one of their traits.

True Preterism is spiritual, all others are carnal in ther interpretations. Anti-Preterism is the spirit of Antichrist! :preach:
Red flag ...
Well, that does appear to be just a tad extreme.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
News Flash:

Be advised I probably misinterpreted Preterism because I thought Preterism was divided into three groups, Partial Preterism, Preterism, and Full Preterism. I thought Preterism was only defined as believing all prophecies fulfilled, which is my understanding of scripture, but it's not. Now that I stand partially corrected, I want everyone to know I do believe all prophecies are fulfilled, and we are still awaiting the "Wheat and Tares" rapture of this physical world into the New Shalem (the barn), my misinterpreted definition of Preterism.

What separates the "Wheat and Tares" rapture harvest from the sheep and goat , the "Whte Throne" judgement in Rev 20, is that there's no throne judgement in the "Wheat and Tares" rapture harvest.

I don't know what my interpretation is classified as, and I don't know if Full Preterism defines Christ's 2nd Coming as returning to this physical earth; or if its defined as I do, as a heavenly one; but this is my understanding of what I defined Preterism as in my opening post.

Word to the wise! :pray:
Well, all I can say it, when ya do find out, make sure you inform us, ok? :angel:

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by precepts
News Flash:

From my understerstanding, Full/Hyper Preterism is the belief that ALL of the OT and NT prophecies are fulfilled,
including ALL of Daniel, ALL of the Olivet Discourse and ALL of Revelation [not just part of it them]. Another words some Full Preterist might see ALL of the Olivet Discourse fulfilled, but not ALL of Revelation.
There are also Reconstructionists ans Consistent Preterism.

I am still learning about all of this....

1 Peter 4:7 Of All-things yet the end has drawn NIGH/hggiken <1448> (5758);
be sane! then and be sober! into the prayers,

A Brief Theological Analysis of Hyper-Preterism

From time to time I receive letters from men declaring themselves "Reconstructionist" and "consistent preterist."

The "consistent preterist" believes that all prophecy is fulfilled in the A. D. 70 destruction of the Temple, including the Second Advent, the resurrection of the dead, the great Judgment, and so forth.
Due to my primary writing ministry against rapidly changing dispensationalism, I have not had time to deal extensively with the issue, but I do have some random thoughts that I will make public in this article. These thoughts are based on readings from their monthly publications and books, of which I have a great number.

Let me begin by noting that, in the first place, I do not know how anyone could credibly claim to be postmillennial and hyper-preterist, nor do I understand how he could claim to be Reconstructionist, while maintaining his hyper-preterism. If all prophecy was fulfilled in the first-century events, then who is to say it is the will of God for the gospel to exercise world-wide victory? There is no remaining word of prophecy to inform us of such. Furthermore, the hyper-preterist position cannot be theonomic in that in its view the Law came to fulfillment in the passing away of the Jewish order ( Mt. 5:17-19 ). So a hyper-preterist cannot be a Reconstructionist (theonomic postmillennialist) on exegetical grounds (although his heart might wish for the Reconstructionist world view).

Furthermore, there are numerous exegetical and theological problems I have with the hyper-preterist viewpoint. I deem my historic, orthodox preterism to be exegetical preterism (because I find specific passages calling for specific preterist events); I deem Max King and Ed Stevens' views to be theological preterism or comprehensive preterism (they apply exegetical conclusions drawn from several eschatological passages to all eschatological passages, because of their theological paradigm). Let me quickly list some of my present objections; it is hoped that I will later find time to sit down and work on this whole issue (since dispensationalism is in such radical transition and I have a ministry toward dispensationalists, I have tended to focus any spare time I can afford on dispensationalism).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
From my understerstanding, Full/Hyper Preterism is the belief that ALL of the OT and NT prophecies are fulfilled,
including ALL of Daniel, ALL of the Olivet Discourse and ALL of Revelation [not just part of it them]. Another words some Full Preterist might see ALL of the Olivet Discourse fulfilled, but not ALL of Revelation.
There are also Reconstructionists ans Consistent Preterism.

I am still learning about all of this....

1 Peter 4:7 Of All-things yet the end has drawn NIGH/hggiken <1448> (5758);
be sane! then and be sober! into the prayers,

From time to time I receive letters from men declaring themselves "Reconstructionist" and "consistent preterist."

The "consistent preterist" believes that all prophecy is fulfilled in the A. D. 70 destruction of the Temple, including the Second Advent, the resurrection of the dead, the great Judgment, and so forth.
Due to my primary writing ministry against rapidly changing dispensationalism, I have not had time to deal extensively with the issue, but I do have some random thoughts that I will make public in this article. These thoughts are based on readings from their monthly publications and books, of which I have a great number.

Let me begin by noting that, in the first place, I do not know how anyone could credibly claim to be postmillennial and hyper-preterist, nor do I understand how he could claim to be Reconstructionist, while maintaining his hyper-preterism. If all prophecy was fulfilled in the first-century events, then who is to say it is the will of God for the gospel to exercise world-wide victory? There is no remaining word of prophecy to inform us of such. Furthermore, the hyper-preterist position cannot be theonomic in that in its view the Law came to fulfillment in the passing away of the Jewish order ( Mt. 5:17-19 ). So a hyper-preterist cannot be a Reconstructionist (theonomic postmillennialist) on exegetical grounds (although his heart might wish for the Reconstructionist world view).

Furthermore, there are numerous exegetical and theological problems I have with the hyper-preterist viewpoint. I deem my historic, orthodox preterism to be exegetical preterism (because I find specific passages calling for specific preterist events); I deem Max King and Ed Stevens' views to be theological preterism or comprehensive preterism (they apply exegetical conclusions drawn from several eschatological passages to all eschatological passages, because of their theological paradigm). Let me quickly list some of my present objections; it is hoped that I will later find time to sit down and work on this whole issue (since dispensationalism is in such radical transition and I have a ministry toward dispensationalists, I have tended to focus any spare time I can afford on dispensationalism).
You're missing the point, it's not about the defintion of preterism. The news flash was addressing the opening statement of the thread since I realized the difference after posting the thread.

All prophecies are fulfilled, if you would like to discuss what really matters. Any other interpretation is carnal and anti-christ because they serve only to separate and hide the truth about the 4th and 5th beast kingdoms in Daniel's prophecies, which are the two beast in Revelation.

We are awaiting the "Wheat and Tares," the 7th trump, resurrection because there's no "White throne Judgment" in the 3rd resurrection. So, all has been fulfilled.

There's no gap between the beast kingdoms in Daniel, nor any 2000 yr old prophecies to be fulfilled. It all connects in Rome, the last beast kingdom that lasts to the end of the world, stamping and subduing the world to the end.

Thus the stone that strikes Daniel's image happens in heaven, the reason why God's throne is set up when these ten kings' thrones are cast down, which is Rev 4:2, God's throne and kingdom established in heaven.

Word to the wise. :priest:

Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I consider myself a Full Preterist (what you're calling a consistent preterist), and in my view all prophecy is fulfilled.

If all prophecy was fulfilled in the first-century events, then who is to say it is the will of God for the gospel to exercise world-wide victory?

I believe Scripture says "it is the will of God for the gospel to exercise world-wide victory." We find in Scripture the gospel of the kingdom continuing forever. And the New Covenant being established as an eternal covenant for all men coming to God through faith in Christ.

There is no remaining word of prophecy to inform us of such.

The prophets spoke of a time when an heir to David's throne would reign over the kingdom of God and it would stand forever.

"Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this." (Isaiah&#8236; 9&#8236;:7&#8236; NKJV)

"And in the days of these kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed; and the kingdom shall not be left to other people; it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand forever." (Daniel&#8236; 2&#8236;:44&#8236; NKJV)

We know that the promise of the New Covenant was given to the whole house of Israel, the seed of Abraham (Jer. 31:31-34; Heb. 8:7-12). Paul taught that through faith in Christ not only Israel but the Gentiles as well were Abraham's seed.

"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ&#8217;s, then you are Abraham&#8217;s seed, and heirs according to the promise." (Galatians&#8236; 3&#8236;:26-29&#8236; NKJV).

Therefore ALL, both Jew and Gentile, who have ever responded to the gospel are in Christ and are heirs to the promises made to Abraham, the eternal New Covenant kingdom.

Many see the kingdom of God being established at the time the Old Covenant kingdom was cast out in AD 70. By necessity, the present ongoing kingdom, established during OC Israel's last days, will never end. It is a spiritual kingdom realized on the earth through the church and the preaching of the gospel. It has spread throughout the earth and will continue accomplishing the will of God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A New World

May 21, 2014
CA
✟8,451.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Sorry LLOJ, I didn't realize I was commenting on an article by Kenneth Gentry.

The following link is a Full Preterist response to the above article by Gentry:

Walt Hibbard's Response to Ken Gentry's Analysis of the Full Preterist View

BTW I wasn't able to access Gentry's full article from your link. He may have taken it down. I'll try again.

Upvote 0

precepts

Aug 20, 2008
✟24,096.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Mat 13:24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
Mat 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
Mat 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
Mat 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
Mat 13:28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
Mat 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
Mat 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Anti-Preterist's stumbling block.

Upvote 0