PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
When you read in this forum you can get the opinion that most americans hate germans for being german.

I´m honestly shocked too see all those stupid arguments here and don´t understand it. You have people here who proudly and openly state they would never buy a VW and connect it to WW II.

Here are people who openly claim that germany should not have any army and security.

I wonder where those feelings come from. It can´t be from WW II, since USA itself committed horrible crimes in its existance like evry other nation as well.

I think is jealousy. Germany is an economic giant with rising influence. It defends its interests with confidence.

USA on the other side is retreating and i guess that rising competition generates that ressentiments. I deeply hope thats not a general thinking though

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
When you read in this forum you can get the opinion that most americans hate germans for being german.

I´m honestly shocked too see all those stupid arguments here and don´t understand it. You have people here who proudly and openly state they would never buy a VW and connect it to WW II.

Here are people who openly claim that germany should not have any army and security.

I wonder where those feelings come from. It can´t be from WW II, since USA itself committed horrible crimes in its existance like evry other nation as well.

I think is jealousy. Germany is an economic giant with rising influence. It defends its interests with confidence.

USA on the other side is retreating and i guess that rising competition generates that ressentiments. I deeply hope thats not a general thinking though

Apparently, this forum likes illegal Latios less than Germans. Consider yourselves lucky....

Upvote 0

PatrickT

Jun 7, 2015
Rostock
✟2,413.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont say evryone but there seem to be some people here who have serious problem with germany. One even claimed to never use aspirin because of that. i mean thats laughable. I can understand that some hold a grudge because the war but trying too punish people for that who weren't even born then, is dumb

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Nobody has been expressing anti-German sentiment here that I've ever seen. Nazis come up a lot in Internet discussions, however, nobody is equating that to modern Germany or their opinions on Germans. I don't see or hear this in real life either.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Don't be too concerned. We have a CF member in Germany who has far surpassed any of that...except in reverse. Start there if you want to lessen whatever animosity you think exists.

Here's some of what you wrote the last time you started a thread with this topic:

"...your country has torture camps, murders millions in iraq, committed countless war crimes in iraq, afghanistan and vietnam. It has more gun death each year that iraq and an non functional society and you think you can critisize us for something that happened a nillion years ago? pro tip for you. dont bring up hitler infront a german who is barely 20 years old. I couldn't care less."

Here's a little bit more:

"Yes i actually hold that view as do most germans. We are anti america. We see USA very critical and prefer our nation to hold distance as much as possible. USA is not seen as a partner but hostile.

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...-strong-german-left-growing-right-ami-go-home

I don´t know but i think for most of us your country is evrything what can be wrong at a nation.

The majority of germans is against free trade with USA. Only 39% see USA as a partner.

And the more educated someone here is, the more he is anti american usual.

My view on the USA is ambivalent. I see it as a market. I like some things (pacific coast, alaska) and dislike most of its society, politics and cultural aspects"

Last edited:
Reactions: brewmama
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Don't be too concerned. We have a CF member in Germany who has far surpassed any of that...except in reverse. Start there if you want to lessen whatever animosity you think exists.

Here's some of what you wrote the last time you started a thread with this topic:

"...your country has torture camps, murders millions in iraq, committed countless war crimes in iraq, afghanistan and vietnam. It has more gun death each year that iraq and an non functional society and you think you can critisize us for something that happened a nillion years ago? pro tip for you. dont bring up hitler infront a german who is barely 20 years old. I couldn't care less."

Here's a little bit more:

"Yes i actually hold that view as do most germans. We are anti america. We see USA very critical and prefer our nation to hold distance as much as possible. USA is not seen as a partner but hostile.

http://www.economist.com/news/europ...-strong-german-left-growing-right-ami-go-home

I don´t know but i think for most of us your country is evrything what can be wrong at a nation.

The majority of germans is against free trade with USA. Only 39% see USA as a partner.

And the more educated someone here is, the more he is anti american usual.

My view on the USA is ambivalent. I see it as a market. I like some things (pacific coast, alaska) and dislike most of its society, politics and cultural aspects"
A possible case of projection then?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
It would seem that the German-haters are such a small group that a private discussion would make more sense than an open forum discussion. Try sending a PM to one of the haters, assuming you can find one, and ask that question. No one else is going to know what the bless-and-do-not-curse you're talking about.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I wouldn't take some the things you hear on the internet too seriously. Most Americans have no real animosity towards Germany. Most of us understand that there is a world of difference between modern day Germany and the Third Reich. I'm definitely not jealous of your country though. Just think of how great America could be if we could just get rid of some of the anchors we've been dragging around. We're not perfect and I don't think any American truly believes we are but we certainly don't like being told by others how bad we are and how much better they are than we. I think that could be why you're getting some animosity towards yourself and your country on this site.

Personally, I love German culture. The food, the beer, the cars, all good stuff. I hope to someday visit your fine country and hopefully, your people will welcome me like I'd welcome them into mine.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I dont say evryone but there seem to be some people here who have serious problem with germany. One even claimed to never use aspirin because of that. i mean thats laughable. I can understand that some hold a grudge because the war but trying too punish people for that who weren't even born then, is dumb
You're lucky you're not Mexican! Imagine the flak you'd get around here for that!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You're lucky you're not Mexican! Imagine the flak you'd get around here for that!

There you go again with that World War II stuff. And of course that makes you an anti-aspirinite (or is it anti-aspirinist?).

Reactions: Willtor
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Ha! As an American, tend to feel the same.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
We used to have quite a few Mexicans on this site. It wasn't an issue that I ever saw.
My comment wasn't entirely serious. Just try and imagine some of the Trump threads through a Mexican's POV.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,675.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
How on Earth did a thread on alleged anti-Germanism become another opportunity to attack Donald Trump?
Well, I did say it wasn't serious. My point was more about the anti-German animosity OP is feeling isn't much when put into perspective on how some of us like to talk about our neighbors to the south.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well, I did say it wasn't serious. My point was more about the anti-German animosity OP is feeling isn't much when put into perspective on how some of us like to talk about our neighbors to the south.
He's not feeling anything like that. He just starts a thread with this topic every once in awhile in order to seque into an attack upon America, the intro about some alleged anti-German feeling notwithstanding.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.