Anti-Gay or Pro-Christian?

Anti-Gay bigotry or anti-Christian intolerance?

• Anti-Gay

• Anti-Christian

Results are only viewable after voting.

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
If your a Christian should you not take your Christians brothers word first?
My experience is that self-described christians are not significantly more likely to be telling the truth than anyone else.

Without personal knowledge of the people involved I cannot and will not make that judgement.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My experience is that self-described christians are not significantly more likely to be telling the truth than anyone else.

Without personal knowledge of the people involved I cannot and will not make that judgement.

but you already have, you said he was abusing his co workers, and he should expect blow back because he is a public figure. That is not judgement?

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I had a gay guy make advances on me, he was a very powerful man in hollywood, not famous though. I spoke with him because i had never know a gay man. He help figure out I was not gay. I had been molested as a kid by a male baby sitter. It screws you up. I always wondered if I was gay because my first sexual experience was with a guy. It was the gay man in hollywood and my teacher which showed me I am not gay and help me work through the molestation. I am very secure with my sexuality now. But as a kid I would pray for God not to let me become gay. Then I realize I love women to much its my problem, and i am in no way attracted to guys.

you poor thing :(

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
but you already have, you said he was abusing his co workers, and he should expect blow back because he is a public figure. That is not judgement?
That's if the facts and speculation are as laid out.

If they are different then the response is different.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
you poor thing :(

lol don't think any one has ever called me poor thing before :) People tell me I need a thick skin I don't think people realize its thicker than they think.

I realize you are empathizing but I am not a poor thing. I have done a lot of stuff in my life mostly bad, while what happened to me sucks and probably is why my sex drive is on supercharge, I am over it. One of few people who can say they recovered from sexual abuse. but thank you for your empathy.

Upvote 0

orangeness365

Feb 4, 2013
✟6,329.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
lol don't think any one has ever called me poor thing before :) People tell me I need a thick skin I don't think people realize its thicker than they think.

I realize you are empathizing but I am not a poor thing. I have done a lot of stuff in my life mostly bad, while what happened to me sucks and probably is why my sex drive is on supercharge, I am over it. One of few people who can say they recovered from sexual abuse. but thank you for your empathy.

your welcome

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
That's if the facts and speculation are as laid out.

If they are different then the response is different.

so why do you entertain one set and not all possibilities. I agree its not smart to judge when we do not know everything personally, but is this not why we have God living inside us to guide us. I believe my source because I know them and I know what is going on in this country, you are not in this country so it is smart not to judge, however, you judged one set. why not judge the other possibilities if your going to be consistent? Seems a bit bias the way you are leaving it?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
so why do you entertain one set and not all possibilities.
I commented on what was in front of me at the time.

With muddier waters there doesnt seem much to comment on with clarity.

Here and the UK we have tribunals to resolve unfair dismissal cases. If that's what someone felt they had been subject to that, not a media "he said/she said" would be the place to resolve it.

I agree its not smart to judge when we do not know everything personally, but is this not why we have God living inside us to guide us.
I don't find God is generally in the business of magically giving us information we aren't party to.

I believe my source because I know them and I know what is going on in this country,
I think we all tend to believe the source that tells us what we want to know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So basically what I'm getting here is that Mr. Cochran should've just kept his mouth shut? He should've went along to get along? Keep quiet about his faith and kept his head down? Don't rock the boat? Don't dare write a book for a need he believed he saw for fear it may have been seen as "anti-gay hatred"? (even though it obviously wasn't.) So we should kowtow to the secular homosexual movement?

No, the message is not "[go] along to get along". The message is if you are a public official then guard your words and expect to answer for them.

Upvote 0

Avid

A Pilgrim and a Sojourner...
Sep 21, 2013
✟13,263.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
... Kelvin Cochran was fired as Fire Chief in Atlanta Georgia, over his book ...
It seems that this subject is getting undue attention. The vocal minority seems to have the goal of making it a crime to recognize how recently their behavior has been considered CRIMINAL just about everywhere in this country.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I commented on what was in front of me at the time.

With muddier waters there doesnt seem much to comment on with clarity.

Here and the UK we have tribunals to resolve unfair dismissal cases. If that's what someone felt they had been subject to that, not a media "he said/she said" would be the place to resolve it.

I don't find God is generally in the business of magically giving us information we aren't party to.

I think we all tend to believe the source that tells us what we want to know.

So that is your judgement for me that the source told me what I want to hear. Your own words convict you, that is what you have been doing. You said he did not get fired I showed you were wrong in that, you didn't miss a beat with judging him further as he got what he deserved basically. Your willing to just against him but not for him. That is bias I don't know why you are but you are.

I think we are done here, no?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
So that is your judgement for me that the source told me what I want to hear. Your own words convict you, that is what you have been doing. You said he did not get fired I showed you were wrong in that, you didn't miss a beat with judging him further as he got what he deserved basically. Your willing to just against him but not for him. That is bias I don't know why you are but you are.
When the evidence in front of me pointed to him being clearly in the wrong I spoke to how it did that.
Now you've presented a fox (hardly a great source, but that's not desperately relevant) report of his side of the story there isn't a clear case, except to say note that a media "he said, I said" isn't going to.

Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
When the evidence in front of me pointed to him being clearly in the wrong I spoke to how it did that.
Now you've presented a fox (hardly a great source, but that's not desperately relevant) report of his side of the story there isn't a clear case, except to say note that a media "he said, I said" isn't going to.

Are you Familiar with fox news? Have you lived in this country? Fox is one of the 4 major News agencies in the country. What are your sources?

I even posted what he said, do you think what he said in his book was that bad?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Upvote 0

Bluelion

Peace and Love
Oct 6, 2013
Pa
✟6,506.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
On another thread we are discussing this:
BBC News - Apology for 'Muslim Birmingham' Fox News claim

I couldn't judge properly without reading the book.

well now that does not discredit the source now does it. Now you are using fallacy.

I find it very interesting that you are will to make judgement against but nothing in favor of, you simple say you can't Judge but you can judge him as wrong right?

If the OP would allow me some leeway, I would be interested to hear your views on Gays. Do you admit it is a sin and wrong for them to do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
So then I was correct. Anti-Christian hatred. There are only 2 options.
You got it brother.

It just takes folks a lot of discussion in this environment of today to get many of us to cut to the chase and admit it.

We feel that due to our overemphasis against the h-sin in the past that maybe backing off today will make up for it or maybe make them like us. We don't really realize that it is a battle, and with the other camp the object is not acceptance and "equal rights", but destroying the opposition.

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Ebia,
I have a question for you. Are you a self-described Christian?

Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
well now that does not discredit the source now does it.
It doesn't show that the source is wrong on this topic.
But it does show that fox is not reliable.

I find it very interesting that you are will to make judgement against but nothing in favor of, you simple say you can't Judge but you can judge him as wrong right?
The first was when all the evidence presented pointed one way.
Now we have claims pointing both way. That calls the early evidemce and therefore conclusion into question; it doesn't offer enough clarity to make a conclusion the other way.

If the OP would allow me some leeway, I would be interested to hear your views on Gays. Do you admit it is a sin and wrong for them to do?
I try to avoid questions where the forum rules limit the discussion.

Upvote 0

Hupomone10

Veteran
Mar 21, 2010
Here
✟12,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Here is a post from “Kevin” on an article on Yahoo on the Atlanta Fire Chief being fired. Given the comments on here, I think it is worthy of a read:

"... the chief was not fired due to his religious beliefs but rather because of questions that arose about his “judgment and ability to manage the department" in connection with the book..." The only case law (of which I know) that can base punitive actions on what might happen to a cultural environment is school law.

That being said, this firing seems like an administrative sophomoric knee jerk. It sounds as if they are saying that a person who doesn't like gay men cannot be trusted to manage them. Conversely, they might be saying that a person cannot be trusted to manage a group if a sub group does not like them. No one can manage any group of people if this standard is upheld.

I am a gay man. I feel pretty certain that they are gay men in that department. This firing is dumber than dirt and almost certainly will not stand if challenged. The Chief might make more money on the conservative talk circuit, but I still think he should challenge it. People do have their right to their personal opinions and this controversy patently lands foresquare on his his right to a personal life of free speech. It was a book for heaven's sake. How more grounded in free speech can you get?"

Upvote 0