Anti-Ecumenist Trolls Everywhere AHH! (OT)

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟754,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the Antiochian Orthodox Church has retained the best strain of faith. Sts. John Chrysostom, John of Damascus, Isaac the Syrian etc. kept the faith outside the orbit of emperors. While I am in a dying parish, it is good that some of our parishes thrive. There have been a couple of articles beginning to appear in The Word magazine that seem to reflect theology not usually expressed within the Antiochian church (although found in other Orthodox churches) & I hope this type of expression remains in the minority. To those who call our church "world orthodoxy" & yell "anathema": have a merry Christmas & calm down.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,465,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
but they do openly commune Monophysites :) so like Army Matt said - every jurisdiction has it's problems

and just to be clear here, cause i know how things are so easily twisted on the internet - i attend an Antiochian parish when i am visiting my parents. i consider it one of "my" parishes.

and the not-ecumenist not-liberal Fr Peter Pier that I mentioned earlier is the priest there (it's my parish when I visit my folks too)

Upvote 0

OrthodoxyUSA

Site Supporter
Jul 6, 2004
Tupelo, MS
Visit site
✟142,274.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not that we're more liberal. Americans like the services in English... and, I have seen members in parishes of another archdiocese say something like "Perhaps you would be more comfortable over there." And so, some come to us by that method.

Some ethnic groups would prefer the Americans converts to stay out or go somewhere else.

Even within the Antiochian Church one might get the feeling that Arabs don't care much for converts.

God be gracious to me a sinner.

Upvote 0