Northern California
✟12,377.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
John was driving around the block for the fifth time, in a sweat because he had an important meeting and couldn't find a parking place.

Looking up toward heaven, he said, "Lord, take pity on me. If you find me a parking place I will go to church every Sunday for the rest of my life and give up beer."

Just then a parking place miraculously appeared!

John looked up again and said, "Never mind. I found one!"

flaglady

Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2005
✟64,796.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Private
But a reasonable comment on typical human behaviour - like the guy stranded on a cliff who prayed for deliverance and had a boat, a helicopter and a rescue team all come to offer assistance but he sent them all away, sure that his faith and trust in God would save him. Well, eventually he did die and when in heaven asked why he wasn't saved.
He was told "I sent you a rescue service, a boat and a helicopter - what more did you want?"!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WhirlwindMonk

D Knight - Master of Zefiris
Mar 6, 2005
A little city in Micigan during breaks and Grove C
Visit site
✟16,987.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
flaglady said:
But a reasonable comment on typical human behaviour - like the guy stranded on a cliff who prayed for deliverance and had a boat, a helicopter and a rescue team all come to offer assistance but he sent them all away, sure that his faith and trust in God would save him. Well, eventually he did die and when in heaven asked why he wasn't saved.
He was told "I sent you a rescue service, a boat and a helicopter - what more did you want?"!

lol, that's a good one too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums