Another question about Christian possession.

LiturgyInDMinor

Celtic Rite Old Catholic Church
Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
James 4:7 (NKJV):

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

Does this not prove that a christian won't be possessed by "demonic forces"?
I am just curious because of the popularity of "Deliverance Ministries" in my area of the country. I see them doing more harm than good.

Thankyou for any input.

Knee V

It's phonetic.
Sep 17, 2003
South Bend, IN
✟100,823.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am just curious because of the popularity of "Deliverance Ministries" in my area of the country. I see them doing more harm than good.

Thankyou for any input.

I had my time in that world. Never and nowhere else have I experienced more spiritual manipulation.

Yet I digress (before I go off on a rampage).

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I had my time in that world. Never and nowhere else have I experienced more spiritual manipulation.

Yet I digress (before I go off on a rampage).

The people that know me here can tell you that I'm not politically correct in any fashion! ;)
Rampage away if you feel you want too, all I ask is that you don't get reported! HA!

:)

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Thankyou for any input.

The verse says that the devil will flee from you not from within you.

I would be careful with "deliverance" ministries. And that's all I'm going to say bout that.;):)

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The verse says that the devil will flee from you not from within you.

I would be careful with "deliverance" ministries. And that's all I'm going to say bout that.;):)

I don't get the difference...I believe James was talking that the devil will flee 100% from a person totally...mind, body and soul.
The key being submit to God. People think that they submit to God these days, but don't totally, me included.

Also, I have no respect for deliverance ministries.

Upvote 0

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thankyou for any input.

There's lots of Christians who think the land is cursed still. Or who believe in generational curses. Hence we could still be cursed, if, for example, our grandparents were Masons. So, we need deliverance.

Upvote 0

Hentenza

I will fear no evil for You are with me
Mar 27, 2007
On the bus to Heaven
✟60,078.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't get the difference...I believe James was talking that the devil will flee 100% from a person totally...mind, body and soul.
The key being submit to God. People think that they submit to God these days, but don't totally, me included.

Also, I have no respect for deliverance ministries.

Sure, but not from possession but from our own weaknesses which is what the devil exploits.

Upvote 0

LiturgyInDMinor

Feb 20, 2009
✟7,265.00
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sure, but not from possession but from our own weaknesses which is what the devil exploits.

Ok so you do acknowledge that it's from our own weakness! Cool..I agree, and that shows that James was being serious, and very very to the point when he said "Submit to God"....and I infer that he meant TOTAL submission...which a lot of christians do not do these days eh. So his statement in that verse does hold good water.

Interesting.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Standing Up

On and on
Sep 3, 2008
Around about
✟66,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Grandparents being Masons eh?
Splain Lucy! ;)

I don't get it.
If you have a grandparent in the FreeMasons you are prone to demonic possession?

No. Not demonic possession. Some folks think Masons are anti-Christian with curses, oaths, and lots and lots of other stuff supposedly. Instead we're betrothed to Christ. So, that Mason association/oaths needs to be severed.

Who does one submit to? Is there a demon hanging around influencing things because of it?

Just tossing it out, but many Christians believe it.

Possession does not look Biblical. You see folks possessed before believing, but not possessed after.

You also see Paul turning the guy over to Satan. So some make the distinction between possession and oppression.

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Thankyou for any input.
Eh... here's my two pennies.

Seems to me like if one submits to God and resists the devil than the devil will avoid you.
Sadly, that's easier said than done :o

However, that thusly begs the next question: how does one successfully repel the devil and his crowd?

The people that know me here can tell you that I'm not politically correct in any fashion! ;)
Rampage away if you feel you want too, all I ask is that you don't get reported! HA!

:)
Alright another politically incorrect person! :clap:

In that case, in my personal opinion, so-called "Deliverance Ministries" do more harm and open the door to more harm than they do good simply because I do not know if the Holy Spirit dwells within those "Ministries". I do know that the Holy Spirit dwells elsewhere, but I do not know if He dwells there, so I naturally stay away.

Upvote 0