Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bush comics would've been hilarious, too! With all the corruption in Obama and Bush's administrations, actually if they were to make a graphic novel series, it might be truly exciting! LOL

Are you serious?! There are Obama comics? Wow. I wonder what the stories are about in there. Seem pretty limited, but maybe because I'm not thinking of all the political issues that could be stories. :doh: :sorry:

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sure. Ignore Rus. (Maybe unintentionally)
No, "gay people" do NOT exist. There IS no such thing.

There are people who have broken sexual passions. We are ALL broken somehow. And they. Are. Not. "Gay". It is REALLY REALLY important to get that. That the language used by the modern world is a lie, from the father of lies. Even on the surface, it is clearly an evil euphemism coined by enemies of the Church, faith, and morality in order to achieve social approval of sexual perversion. Is that not obvious to anyone who thinks about it for a few seconds? Is it really so hard to see?

The use of wrong words to describe a thing has a real impact and does matter. Euphemisms are a refusal of people to say what they mean.
The purpose of these evil euphemisms is to introduce and propagate moral evils among a people. That is, us.

I didn't ignore you....
I agree that we are all broken in one way or another...I also agree words are important....

I hope I didn't offend you...that wasn't my intention.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Bush comics would've been hilarious, too! With all the corruption in Obama and Bush's administrations, actually if they were to make a graphic novel series, it might be truly exciting! LOL
^_^ Lots of cliff hangers and soap opera story lines. :p

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟435,470.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I didn't ignore you....
I agree that we are all broken in one way or another...I also agree words are important....

I hope I didn't offend you...that wasn't my intention.

I'm not offended, and was really speaking to everyone, not targeting you.

How would you feel if we started calling pedophiles "child-lovers", or more in the spirit that gave birth to the perverted use of "gay", "bright", or "merry"? And how about if you objected to fellow Christians repeating those words and they just go on and ignore you and continue to use them?

After all, we know that "merry" people exist. They, too, will be treated as a "class of people" with rights. You will likely live to see it, and sooner than you think. (Though I concede that they probably won't choose "merry" as the new euphemism to replace the old euphemism.)

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟242,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not offended, and was really speaking to everyone, not targeting you.

How would you feel if we started calling pedophiles "child-lovers", or more in the spirit that gave birth to the perverted use of "gay", "bright", or "merry"? And how about if you objected to fellow Christians repeating those words and they just go on and ignore you and continue to use them?

After all, we know that "merry" people exist. They, too, will be treated as a "class of people" with rights. You will likely live to see it, and sooner than you think. (Though I concede that they probably won't choose "merry" as the new euphemism to replace the old euphemism.)
Ok. I agree and I think I understand what you are saying. :)

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I talked to a good and close friend yesterday to get her opinion on the Archies comics and if I had just not seen those sexual messages G saw. She said that is looking into something that isn't there. The Archies are harmless. She said, growing up a PK, with a very strict mom, that her mom gave her only two comics to read when she was young - the Archies and Casper, so, no, there was nothing but clean stuff in them. :D That's what I thought!

Upvote 0