United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);66002658 said:
Highly unfortunate to see what has happened in the world of visual art and comics - Archie was never one of my favorites but it was pretty clean ....and yet it seems everything within the world of comics has become political as of late. Spider-Man was made into a Gay Black Hispanic boy named Gabriel years ago, Green Lantern was made Gay, Colossus was made gay (with NightCrawler made into a Catholic Bigot in spite of how devout the character has been historically and open on his love for Christ/God) and multiple others are going the same route - Thor now being a woman (even though they made his brother/arch-enemy Loki into a woman first several years ago), Batgirl being made lesbian - the list goes on. They even tried saying Batman and Robin were gay as well ....but even outside of the same-sex issue, there are other issues that have gone on for sometime as it concerns promoting of gross sexual immorality (i.e. sleeping around, affairs, strip clubs, etc) depicted in the world of comics.

With Archie, they actually had it where there was a same-sex marriage seen in the comics and it was banned in Singapore:

People understand the power of media and imagery...

Wow! I didn't realize so many characters were changed up like that. That's really pathetic. And yes, people understand the power of media and imagery. And starting that junk early in a kid's life is how they indoctrinate them to believing all of this is "normal" and "moral" and "cool," imo.

Upvote 0

Gxg (G²)

Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7)
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2009
Good Ol' South...
Visit site
✟160,220.00
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Wow! I didn't realize so many characters were changed up like that. That's really pathetic. .
Indeed - and it's sad that everyone seems so shocked with the emphasis on gay relationships when not much seemed to be said on other sexual issues. It's an issue for me that Batman was sleeping around and fathered a child he never knew about (Damion Wayne) - talk about dysfunction. - but seeing the comic where Bruce gave into Taila, I was thinking "Kids of all ages are checking this out" and it became pretty standard that there was nothing wrong with seeing comic heroes having relations with others within the comic. Since then, even others such as Night Wing have been seen in such situations - and that has been for decades now.

With Archie, if I am not mistaken, there were a couple of instances where there were some VERY adult situations that happened years ago - and I was surprised no one tackled them. For reference you can investigate on your own:

archiehotel1.jpg

There has always been a bit of progression within the Archie Comics

And yes, people understand the power of media and imagery. And starting that junk early in a kid's life is how they indoctrinate them to believing all of this is "normal" and "moral" and "cool," imo
Unfortunate that is the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Most kids in the U.S. don't read comics. They play videogames 24/7. I guess in this case that's a good thing? LOL...somebody will get wise to it soon and they'll start making all the videogames full of LGBT's and only women. I can see it all now--gay Mortal Kombat, Transgender Grand Theft Auto,
Call of Duty: Glitz, Glam, Out and Proud Assault, Super Mario Rainbows and Spandex 2014, Guitar Hero: San Francisco Castro District Special Edition!

I really have an issue with why it's necessary to introduce such an idea into a children's comic to begin with.

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Gxg (G²);66002881 said:
Indeed - and it's sad that everyone seems so shocked with the emphasis on gay relationships when not much seemed to be said on other sexual issues. It's an issue for me that Batman was sleeping around and fathered a child he never knew about (Damion Wayne) - talk about dysfunction. - but seeing the comic where Bruce gave into Taila, I was thinking "Kids of all ages are checking this out" and it became pretty standard that there was nothing wrong with seeing comic heroes having relations with others within the comic. Since then, even others such as Night Wing have been seen in such situations - and that has been for decades now.

With Archie, if I am not mistaken, there were a couple of instances where there were some VERY adult situations that happened years ago - and I was surprised no one tackled them. For reference you can investigate on your own:

archiehotel1.jpg

There has always been a bit of progression within the Archie Comics
I don't see a problem with the comics of the links you provided. The first one with the story about Archie being accused of robbing Betty's innocence...that's toward the end of the story. When it explained that his car went into the lake when he was driving Betty around and they took refuge in a motel, and the parents are acting like regular parents of a teenager, there's nothing wrong there. The point being, nothing happened between them. The only thing ever sexual in the Archie comics that is shown is regular puckered kisses. That may have changed after the mid to late '80s and onward, but the ones we had were clean. No sleeping around, no make out sessions other than kisses and hugs.

As far as the one with Moose...Moose was a stereotypical "dumb jock," but very sweet and innocent. He never knew his own strength. That is what is happening in that pic. He doesn't realize he's practically breaking Archie's arm.

The third about Veronica and her guitar. There's always been a deal about Veronica being beautiful and Betty being pretty, the girl next door, tomboy. Veronica was the vain one who used her looks and money to get boyfriends. She was also pretty snobby. Nothing surprising there. There was a good message, though. That the nice girl was the one that had natural beauty, not snobby, didn't care about looks, and treated people nicely.

Upvote 0

rusmeister

A Russified American Orthodox Chestertonian
Dec 9, 2005
Eastern Europe
Visit site
✟434,488.00
Country
Montenegro
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I wish Orthodox Christians would stop speaking the language the world has been working desperately to teach us, to stop saying "gender" and "gay". It would help to realize that it's not a case of mere synonyms, but of semantic manipulation to obtain public approval of these things, which they are, spearheaded by centrally-owned media which amplify the (false) sense of universal public approval. Every time you use those words, you strengthen the case of those that promote this immorality, for it is the expression and approval of falsehood to say those words.

Upvote 0

AmericanChristian91

May 24, 2007
California
✟12,446.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Actually gxz, the new Spider-Man that replaced ultimate Spider-Man is named miles not Gabriel, and I don't think he is gay. And just wondering, do you guys think all forms of fiction should not have any gay characters or just certain comics?

Upvote 0

GenetoJean

Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Delaware
Visit site
✟18,940.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Most kids in the U.S. don't read comics. They play videogames 24/7. I guess in this case that's a good thing? LOL...somebody will get wise to it soon and they'll start making all the videogames full of LGBT's and only women. I can see it all now--gay Mortal Kombat, Transgender Grand Theft Auto,
Call of Duty: Glitz, Glam, Out and Proud Assault, Super Mario Rainbows and Spandex 2014, Guitar Hero: San Francisco Castro District Special Edition!

Ok, Gurney, I have to admit this is funny.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,462,771.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Actually gxz, the new Spider-Man that replaced ultimate Spider-Man is named miles not Gabriel, and I don't think he is gay. And just wondering, do you guys think all forms of fiction should not have any gay characters or just certain comics?

personally I could care less if fiction has homosexual characters in it, I won't buy the comic for either me or my kids (when I have them). the issue is using those forms of media as propaganda tools. when I was a wee laddie, sexuality was not even on my radar (girls were yucky). I wanted to read Spider-Man or Batman comics because I wanted to see the good guy win, and the image of Spidey flipping around the Green Goblin was just cool.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
personally I could care less if fiction has homosexual characters in it, I won't buy the comic for either me or my kids (when I have them). the issue is using those forms of media as propaganda tools. when I was a wee laddie, sexuality was not even on my radar (girls were yucky). I wanted to read Spider-Man or Batman comics because I wanted to see the good guy win, and the image of Spidey flipping around the Green Goblin was just cool.

What Matt said.

As far as I recall, my comic book characters didn't have any sexuality at all. If they had been gay, I wouldn't have known it, because they didn't date or marry. I couldn't have cared less about it.

Why not let kids be kids, and let's forget all the agendas. Somewhere up there I mentioned immigration and euthanasia. It's not just about sex. Let's leave ALL of that stuff out of Spider-man, Wonder Woman, Bugs Bunny, Wiley Coyote, Donald Duck, and the whole crowd. Just let them be funny, or be superheroes. No politics, gun control, or sexuality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nani-Day

Lambda 11
Dec 8, 2013
New York
✟1,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Way past that point now, gurney

Same-Sex Relationships in Mass Effect 3 | BioWare Blog

Dragon Age Writer Wants Same-Sex Relationships To Be Accepted - #egmr

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto:_The_Ballad_of_Gay_Tony

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/video-g...-omitting-gay-marriage-tomodachi-life-n101861

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟239,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hi Dot :wave:

I honestly can't say I'm shocked. I think that's what is to be expected with the fallen society we live in....Lord have mercy on their souls...sad indeed :(

Does anyone remember with "Good Luck Charlie" on Disney was supposed to have lesbian moms on it? I don't think it happened.....

When I was younger (circa 2001-2006), I didn't even remember the whole gay thing being crammed down everyone's throats 24/7. I honestly don't think it became as big as a political issue until I was in my early teens....(last decade) Maybe I wasn't that observant...

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟239,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I agree with this post.

Also, IMHO, I'm disgusted with shooting games like grand theft auto etc. I could NEVER understand why anyone would want to play them.

Upvote 0

Nani-Day

Lambda 11
Dec 8, 2013
New York
✟1,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree with this post.

Also, IMHO, I'm disgusted with shooting games like grand theft auto etc. I could NEVER understand why anyone would want to play them.

Because theyre chaotic fun. I dont play them anymore, but I had a hard time resisting gta 5.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I honestly can't say I'm shocked. I think that's what is to be expected with the fallen society we live in....Lord have mercy on their souls...sad indeed :(

Does anyone remember with "Good Luck Charlie" on Disney was supposed to have lesbian moms on it? I don't think it happened.....

When I was younger (circa 2001-2006), I didn't even remember the whole gay thing being crammed down everyone's throats 24/7. I honestly don't think it became as big as a political issue until I was in my early teens....(last decade) Maybe I wasn't that observant...

I think the first place I remember seeing it play a major part was on Chicago Hope. That was around 2001 iirc. Can't remember if there was much else near that time. But soon after I think it became common in sitcoms, but I wasn't watching much tv in those days.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

You're a young one, but I find in interesting that even in the short period of time you've been alive, you've noticed a difference in the few years that you were old enough to remember such stuff. If I think back, it was the '70's that first had any movie with same sex males in it - Midnight Cowboy - maybe there were some others, but that's the only one I remember, and I only know of it or heard of it because somebody had mentioned it a few years back. There were some movies with characters with same sex attractions in the '80's, but it was looked upon differently then. More of an abnormality. When it started to change, from my recollection, was in the mid to late '90's...the shows promoted it differently at that point, but it wasn't so prevalent. Now, it seems to be.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟239,904.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You're a young one, but I find in interesting that even in the short period of time you've been alive, you've noticed a difference in the few years that you were old enough to remember such stuff. If I think back, it was the '70's that first had any movie with same sex males in it - Midnight Cowboy - maybe there were some others, but that's the only one I remember, and I only know of it or heard of it because somebody had mentioned it a few years back. There were some movies with characters with same sex attractions in the '80's, but it was looked upon differently then. More of an abnormality. When it started to change, from my recollection, was in the mid to late '90's...the shows promoted it differently at that point, but it wasn't so prevalent. Now, it seems to be.

Ok, I see. I knew gay people existed, I just didn't think much of it, I obviously knew that marriage was between a "mommy" and "daddy" because God blessed married couples with children. I obviously wasn't aware of how humans were conceived via sexual reproduction until 5th grade, as my parents see...sex as taboo almost.....BUT that's a different topic......

I guess I was rather innocent as a child. :p

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, I see. I knew gay people existed, I just didn't think much of it, I obviously knew that marriage was between a "mommy" and "daddy" because God blessed married couples with children. I obviously wasn't aware of how humans were conceived via sexual reproduction until 5th grade, as my parents see...sex as taboo almost.....BUT that's a different topic......

I guess I was rather innocent as a child. :p
As children should be. :)

Upvote 0

inconsequential

goat who dreamed he was a sheep
Mar 28, 2010
✟9,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I saw this episode the other night. The gag was the dad didn't know which one would go to the basement with him to watch the game. Then he set out to determine this with "subtle" questions.

Upvote 0